Sign in to follow this  
BGF Krätzer

Tank Tracks in ArmA2

How to make them? My Track and the Front wheel use Alpha Channels.

Maybe i could remove the middle part of the track and give the main part a normal supershader texture. But is it posible then to animate them correct? And where i can find a animation tutorial for tracks?

editortigersamp3.jpg

Edited by BGF Krätzer

Select the drive wheel and either Faces -> MOVE TOP or MOVE BOTTOM

Or, do the same with the Tracks

Theres also a sort function, but I normally dont try it.

If i do this they hide the little teeths. I changed them against full wheels give the Tiger 18000 tris :butbut: but its ok.

But now i saw that some tanks have supershader Textures with alpha texture teeth so this musst be 2 parts, one the track and one the teeths?

Good looking Tiger there.

I personaly would not use the alpa sprocket in firts view but rather save this trick for the lods, with the normal maps it look ok in the lods.

For the animation download the bis exampel models for arma1 and have an look at it.

As Arma2 and even Ofp uses almost the same way to animate them.

But remember when making the selections for the tracks dont doubble namne the sections that need the doubble animations ie the dampers as this would stop working then.

Ex: namne the part of the track "podkolol1" and then remove when destroyed with "damagehide" as this will cause troubbles.

For the animation download the bis exampel models for arma1 and have an look at it.

Where i can find them?