Sign in to follow this  
catito14

O2 for Arma2 into Armed Assault

Hi, the O2 for Arma 2 could be used for modelling models for ArmA 1??? if not, there are any way to "update" the old O2 for ArmA1? in order to have the new stuff that the O2 for Arma 2 has

Thanks

? whats "the new stuff" you are talking about?

O2 for ArmA is virtually the same as O2 for ArmAII

Gnat;1558529']? whats "the new stuff" you are talking about?

O2 for ArmA is virtually the same as O2 for ArmAII

Are you sure? .... i saw your O2 tutorial and i saw, a few, differences between the O2 for Arma and O2 for Arma2 .... i.e.: in the "windows" part

Gnat;1559354']? Sorry' date=' cant think what might be different there.[/quote']

Maybe i have an older version of O2 for Arma1 ....

The newer ArmA2 O2 has a slightly different file format i beleive. Mainly down to support for new texture formats and shaders. I dont know what effect that will have on and ArmA1 model but there are definatley differences between ArmA1 and Arma2 P3d format.

But you can use the Export > P3D Old Format. so you shouldnt have a problem as long as you use the ArmA1 packers and texture formats

Indeed like Rock say, you can use the arma2 tools O2 and simply use the export P3D Old format. UV info etc normally should not be affected. Just make sure you use the old TexView or PS plugin. Same for the packers.

*Gnat, i think he is refuring to the Direct3D shading view and texture display in the viewports (-> windows as he is refuring too).

MLOD file format is exactly the same for ArmA1 and ArmA2. Export -> OLD P3D format creates an OFP MLOD. So you can use the O² of the ArmA2 toolkit for ArmA1 models. Just be sure to use A1 tools for binarizing.