Sign in to follow this  
daraofp

WW2 island_Beta release by Daraofp

Just to notice: in version available from ofp.info bridges need to be repositioned because every part of bridge has the 'deck' on other height, so you can't drive through bridge. Also, max speed on bridge is very low, I know that is caused by the bridge addon, not the map, but still it's very annoying... Maybe there are other bridge addons? But apart of that, great job, even when only around 30% of island is completed :D

Just to notice: in version available from ofp.info bridges need to be repositioned because every part of bridge has the 'deck' on other height, so you can't drive through bridge. Also, max speed on bridge is very low, I know that is caused by the bridge addon, not the map, but still it's very annoying... Maybe there are other bridge addons? But apart of that, great job, even when only around 30% of island is completed :D

Speed trouble is a well known geometry trouble of bridges : the geometry (in the geo lod) of the roadway must be reduced, and then the roadway lod will be enough to create a drivable roadway. I corrected this for my bridge in the Napoleonic pack.

Well te stone bridge is ok, i tested it and i can drive accros and so can the AI while driveing slow and fast but the wooden bridge has some problems (you can drive accros but you have to reduce speed when aproching the wooden bridge, as for the AI well thre should be a waypoint about 20 yard before the bridge and set in the waypoint speed to "limited" that means slow and thay can go accros the wooden bridge to) but i think i will have to remove the wooden bridge and finde some other to avoid all the hustle with waipoints before the bridge!!!

brighes are a bit tricky to put on the map because thay are not alligen to the ground and it's hart to level so they have to be a little lower than the terain but will try to corect them as more as i can!

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

bridges need to be repositioned because every part of bridge has the 'deck' on other height, so you can't drive through bridge. :D

about the every "deck" of the bridge on the other height, the bridges look fine in my game they are tip top... the problem is because you play the game with the Terrain detail set to normal in your option, set the terrain to very low and the bridges will be ok!!!

I dont know why BIS made that option in the game it onley causes problem like these,and in missions some times object fly in the air if someone has the terrain detail set to normal someone to high ect...and the difference is that it onley makes a ground look a bit bumpy (if you set it to very high it looks stupid because driving on road is like driving over rocks!!

Edited by daraofp

One more suggestion: you're using version of fml_objects.pbo from 11th of May 2004 (or 2005, year is not important now). But there is newer version from 23rd of May, same year. The main difference is that in older pbo, all models are in folder fml_objects.pbo/fml_objects/***.p3d. In newer objects are directly in pbo (fml_objects.pbo/***.p3d). So maybe you could use that newer version? Because other islands that uses FML Objects, are using mainly the newer pack. And with that older they won't start (error: missing object). And your island won't start with newer version of this addon.

Hi there Daraofp,

FYI I am new to this forum. I have checked out your Normandy map and it is look'n pretty good so far.

It might be too late to incorporate this into the map, but I'm sure you are interested in any type of feed back. My grandfather was a Canadian tank commander during WW2 and he, like any one else who fought in Normandy I'm sure, could not believe the impenetrability of the hedge rows (which planted the inventive seed in the head of Sgt. Curtis G. Culin, of the U.S. 2nd Armored Division, to create the "rhinoceros" which was basically several steel prongs welded to the front of the M-4 medium tanks) that created a maze through out the country side of Normandy.

What I'm trying to say is that these hedge rows had a great effect on the tactics (at the beginning to the Germans advantage) involved in accomplishing Operation Overlord.

I hope this comment has been helpful.

Good luck with the map,

GoldGazelle

@hi dara, nice going with your map, im sooo exited to try it out with my ww2 mod !!!! good luck with the map !! :D

Edited by hector748

Any new progress ?

Maybe a few screens ?

I'm big WWII Fan so I'm interesting with this topic. :p