Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

MCU Infantry & Magpul Masada

Hey there!

I am working on a new project wich includes soldiers in Multicam:inlove: and maybe other camos. They wear the Spartan Assault Carrier, or I have tried to make them look a bit like it.

Then there is the BONUS project wich comes with the units, the Magpul Masada. I have been given permission to use this rifle in ArmA II. The authorization was given to me from the creator Ultimate Bastard (FPSBanana)

I am trying to do all the textures myself, but I may require some assistance.

At this moment I need help with these things:

-UNIT NAME, for example USMC, CDF, Bink us superacu, vilas Polish infantry, That kind of name. ( sorry Bink and Vilas for using you as an example, hope you don't mind)

-What unit they are attached to? Are they attached to any unit? They are US soldiers! so I would like suggestions like 75th Rangers, 3rd Id and so on.

-Feedback, What do you think, what should I improve? Ref pics are also welcome!

Some WIP pics =) Have a nice day!

nimetna9a597daPNG.pngnimetn2e524ce70PNG.png

Other addons used in pics: Isla Duala & Modul Anims

Oh yes, and how do I animate the muzzle flash? cuz atm, it's there. even when I am not shooting.

Edited by Nixo

I would say they could be PMCs, Private Military Contractors, but I would like to see them as Delta Force potential (aka 1st Special Forces Operational Detatchment - Delta, aka CAG or Combat Applications Group). Any Tier One Special Operations Force other than Delta such as Seal Team Six or Devgru (Development Group), CIA Activity, etc.

These guys also remind me of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) operating in Afghanistan.

Otherwise the pics look great!!! I would like to see this helmet though:

Ops-Core FAST Helmet

ops-core_fast.jpg

Delta force is pretty good. CIA, maybe.

I will look into that. I will have some units with the MICH but Currently I am working on my 3rd unit model, with the ArmA 1 Prohelmet. And when you posted that pic of the Ops-Core FAST helmet I think I might change the helmets... I am not the worlds best modeller so well see what I can do.

Yes Nixo made you the Magpul Masada, I have less work ;)

The Units looks vary nice !

Looks awesome. Especially the ACR. Man I've been dying for that in Arma II since I got Call Of Duty: MW2!! Great job on the units and gun. Hoping for a release sometime soon...:p

They look good Nixo. Looks like you could use some help with rvmats, normals, as, and smdi maps. I can help you if you need, feel free to PM me.

but I would like to see them as Delta Force potential (aka 1st Special Forces Operational Detatchment - Delta, aka CAG or Combat Applications Group).

Absolutely! Some 1st SF CAG guys are really needed.

Unless Johannes dropped the idea of make the 'DEA FAST' units :p , i would indeed suggest you try to make them (i know, i'm a gear lover).

In case you want more OPS-Core helmet reference pictures:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?172627-SMGLee-SHOT-Show-Tour-Viva-Las-Vegas-2010&p=4719579&viewfull=1#post4719579

Unless Johannes dropped the idea of make the 'DEA FAST' units :p , i would indeed suggest you try to make them (i know, i'm a gear lover).

In case you want more OPS-Core helmet reference pictures:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?172627-SMGLee-SHOT-Show-Tour-Viva-Las-Vegas-2010&p=4719579&viewfull=1#post4719579

didnt know he was making a DEA FAST unit!!! oh I can't wait!!!

Nixo91's new units posted here, Bink's Rangers, and now johnnys DEA FAST have got me all excited for future Arma2 specops potential!

Nixo, they look good. As they are now, they could represent any SOF guys. You could simply call them US Special Operations Forces or something, there's no need to get specific.

You know, you may lynch me for this. But I do not like Multicam. Not bashing your work Nixo, I just prefer other camo-patterns than multicam. Good work so far none the less.

You know, you may lynch me for this. But I do not like Multicam. Not bashing your work Nixo, I just prefer other camo-patterns than multicam. Good work so far none the less.

You know, I've never taken the chance to ask you why, either.

What about Multicam do you not like? No lynching, I'd just like to know.

didnt know he was making a DEA FAST unit!!! oh I can't wait!!!

Nixo91's new units posted here, Bink's Rangers, and now johnnys DEA FAST have got me all excited for future Arma2 specops potential!

HOLD on mate! I'm just saying at one time he was looking for something new and i suggested DEA guys. So that ain't a promise (but i still hope for it). Be it DEA or any SOF, whatever units..if he decided to make something...time will tell.

Anyway, back-on-topic.

HOLD on mate! I'm just saying at one time he was looking for something new and i suggested DEA guys. So that ain't a promise (but i still hope for it). Be it DEA or any SOF, whatever units..if he decided to make something...time will tell.

Anyway, back-on-topic.

Man you got my hopes up!!! But its ok lol ;) Anything he does will be awesome for sure!

@Clavicula_nox4817 - I agree with your suggestion, no need for specificity. I used Jackal326 and Safetycatche's SAS-SBJ pack's Multicam units, which they labeled Special Forces Support Units, I used em as my Tier One SpecOps guys for my Operation Jackal's Hunt SP mission.

I agree that it would be nice for them to just be USSOF or something along those lines. Then they're much more useable.

Day 2.

Binkowski. It would be an honour if you could help me with the normal maps and specular maps and tresure maps and whatever they are called! The configs are not either the BEST in the world, so if anyone has the free time to fix them, it would be much appreciated.

Christian: Yes the Red dot sight is missplaced on the rifle. Since it does not have a Ironsight yet. So I just threw the aimpoint there. =) so it will be fixed. First The textures must be fixed!

More WIP pics soon!

Christian: Yes the Red dot sight is missplaced on the rifle. Since it does not have a Ironsight yet. So I just threw the aimpoint there. =) so it will be fixed. First The textures must be fixed!

Yes, the way it should be :D (place holder).

Have you the Muzzle Flash bug removed ? But i can help you whit this Problem ;)

I haaaaave a little problem... I mentioned that the ammo pouches were not mine and I could not release them. But then I noticed that they are from Queens Gambit. So someone has ripped them from QG. And they were used on the SWAT units for ArmA (addon). Now the question is, Do I have to ask the permission to use these pouches? From the ArmA QG makers? The SWAT unit makers? Or can I just use them? I am not using any of their textures. Just the model.

And yes Christian could you please help me with the flash? PM me.

nimetn8396335bJPG.jpg

Edited by Nixo

*+-15minutes to remake the 'exact' same model (+-60 faces).

*+-5minutes to unwrap.

*+-15minutes to texture.

-> problem solved, and next time they need to ask you permission ;) .

*+-15minutes to remake the 'exact' same model (+-60 faces).

*+-5minutes to unwrap.

*+-15minutes to texture.

-> problem solved, and next time they need to ask you permission ;) .

Lets get to it then! And by "us" I mean you ;)

I'm really looking forward to this one guys.