Sign in to follow this  
Sekra

Training Module 1

WIP only for now

So, long story short. I started using and quickly "improving" the great VTS mission system made by Gonza and Grimm but it quickly came to me that the code and systems used by it were almost completely archaic and really out-of-date. Also the fact that it was all made in french contributed to the fact that I started building a similar system like VTS from scratch. Now still, VTS is a great tool and I have uttermost respect for them and actually we might even work together on all these stuff but for now I'll be going solo on this.

The basic concept of the mission is same as with VTS, there is a Game Master who will create missions on the fly for other players. Other key features are:

-no config files for addons! mission will load all units and addons that are on the server, then send the information to the game master (providing the addon configs are properly made!! NO "SHORTCUTS"!!)

-spawn single units, empty units, groups

-planned features for group spawning are:

• convoys (for all sides)
  • completely random groups
  • semi random groups (like.. "10 infantry, 2 vehicles")
  • ready made group templates
  • spawn group once
  • autospawn group with parameters ("spawn template grp1 every 10 minutes and after spawning they will move to point X")

-add, remove, edit waypoints for spawned units / groups in a simple "template" mode like in VTS; "Patrol between 2 points" and advanced mode where you can give the orders in great detail

-hide & show markers related to spawned units and everything made by the script in so many ways that I dont even care to describe here

-control of weather and time like in VTS

-creation of minefields

-control of equipment in crates, vehicles etc (no need to haul hundreds of items from crates to vehicles before starting the mission)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is working in current version on 28.1.2010:

-no configs (works 100% with addons with proper configs)

-waypoints advanced mode

-spawning of single and empty units(men, vehicles, static weapons (also manned!), anything you find in the editor when placing units)

-teleporting of single player units or all players at once

-changing time of mission

Current mission size: about 80kb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I would ask for your help too! If you have ideas or suggestions for a mission like this, if you have played VTS and thought "I wish they added feature X to this", reply in this thread and gimme your ideas and I will try to implement them if they are good enough!

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

tm1_preview_003.jpg

tm1_preview_004.jpg

tm1_preview_005.jpg

full set of preview screenshots at:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sekra/tm1/

This looks great. Are you adding fog, post-processing presets, and music as well?

VTS is addicting. :)

Hello

it work now for @ACE and @ACE_PLA units ?

it works with any units or addons that are loaded in the server. no config files needed for any addons or units for the mission, it will load all addons and units that are loaded in the server automatically.

This looks great. Are you adding fog, post-processing presets, and music as well?

VTS is addicting. :)

I will add these to my list. :)

it works with any units or addons that are loaded in the server. no config files needed for any addons or units for the mission, it will load all addons and units that are loaded in the server automatically.

you said (works 100% with addons with proper configs) so are @ACE and @ACE_PLA have proper configs ? ;)

hehe yeah.. ace and acex pla has proper configs :)