Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War Addon Team - Infantry Weapons Pack

Yeah, no worries. I was going to say that perhaps a slight increase in the dexterity values for the deployed weapons might be a good way of simulating the inconvenience of having the tripod deployed all the time.

Yep that would be another way to do it, might just have to add something to that effect - thanks for the suggestion.

Having never fired anything that big I was wondering how to best simulate the effects of having the bipod deployed while standing and kneeling - my thinking was that the weapon's balance (centre of gravity?) would be thrown off while the bipod was deployed and this would effect the recoil - but if this is completely inaccurate please let me know.

With the bipod down there's more weight hanging more towards the muzzle, which helps keep the muzzle down. OFP, ArmA, and ArmA 2 are not great at simulating recoil, which comes straight back into the shoulder a little muzzle "kick" on each well designed rifle (poorly designed rifles which place the boresight above the shooter's natural shoulder position when the weapon is shouldered, have more muzzle climb, as is experienced by shooters with less than super-stud technique). With the bipod down you can just reduce muzzle-climb values across the board.

A bipodded machinegun like the MAG/58 fired from the prone is a lethal tool and the addon should reflect that. On a sustained fire mount it's only more effective.

The above is very true. I will also qualify the error I made above by saying that the deployed weapons should have less dexterity rather than more. Stupid brain.

I added the AAW_ACE_Version to our KH Community AddonSync Repo (thnx to Nat&Whisper) for those who like to use YOMA AddonSync. I'll update to beta2 when released. FYI.

KH YAS Community Repo URL:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Thanks Cross :) Quite a few of the guys in our squad use your Yoma repo to update the ACE mod so this will be an enormous help. I'll get X to update the first post with the link.

@Cam and AKM - Thanks for the info guys

Norrin: Not a problem, quite welcome. If you have any related questions you can contact me via PM. I haven't fired the Steyr AUG A1 family; I've only handled them. Bullpups are prohibited in Canada, but various law enforcement "Tactical Response Units" use them and I was at the range the day they showed up, managed to wheedle my way into messing about with the weapon but they wouldn't let me put rounds downrange. Guess I'm not cute enough. Knew I should have brought the girlfriend along. :p

Good job on the Carl Gustav, by the way! Lovely model and behaves pretty well in game; only problem are the various ammo types, some of which can't be loaded by particular launchers. For instance, trying to load "OD" ammo into a "Desert" recoilless rifle sometimes doesn't work, sometimes does. Seems quite random, I'm not sure what the logic is there. EDIT: It occurs to me that there might be "arid regions" ammo and "temperate woodland" ammo based on various average heat and how that would affect the propellant, but surely that ammunition would be interoperable with a Gustav regardless of the Gustav's "type", unless there's some climatic variable I'm totally unaware of on the Carl G. I've not read the entirety of this thread, I don't know if it's already been reported or not as a bug. Sorry to be repetitive if it has. This is with the non-ACE version, by the way.

It occurs to me that there might be "arid regions" ammo and "temperate woodland" ammo based on various average heat and how that would affect the propellant, but surely that ammunition would be interoperable with a Gustav regardless of the Gustav's "type", unless there's some climatic variable I'm totally unaware of on the Carl G. I've not read the entirety of this thread, I don't know if it's already been reported or not as a bug. Sorry to be repetitive if it has. This is with the non-ACE version, by the way.

I tend to agree that having different ammo names is a pain in the backside, especially as the weapons in practice are the same. Any chance of adjusting it so there are less mag names to have to worry about?

Guys I agree with you about having specific ammo types for each of the carlGs - its a far from perfect situation. Its necessary unfortunately for config reasons - each launcher magazine links to a model of the weapon (unlike the rifle magazines) so that when the weapon is loaded it becomes the model linked to in the magazine config. Therefore if we were to have the one type of magazine for all the carlGs (lets say linked to the "non-desert non-optic" model) then when you loaded lets say the "desert optic" model with a round it would switch to a "non-desert non-optic" - hope this makes sense. By the way if anyone knows a sneaky work around for this please let me know.

Edited by norrin

The problem can be mitigated by creating Carl Gustav crates which contain Optic and Non-Optic variants in green and tan. This will cut down on the number of rounds to be searched through in each crate: everything's still available, but one would have to place different crates. No big deal: in desert missions, nobody's looking for the green Carl G, for example.

Hey guys, i keep trying to add this to a unit and all im getting is errors! see below...

here is what im doing:

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addWeapon "AAW_f88_A"; this addMagazine "aaw_f88_ma"

But then i get this once i press preview on the editor:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.AAW_f88_A'.

What am i doing wrong? thanks...

Try "AAW_f88_A1" and "aaw_f88_mag" mate and you won't need the Stanag in there.

Try "AAW_f88_A1" and "aaw_f88_mag" mate and you won't need the Stanag in there.

Yay cool, it work! thanks man,.. though i got the original names from the pdf! so how come it was wrong? and just one more question, how do i give it so its 6 or 7 whatever mags?

do you just repeat it like:

removeAllWeapons this; this addWeapon "AAW_f88_A1"; this addMagazine "aaw_f88_mag"; this addMagazine "aaw_f88_mag"; this addMagazine "aaw_f88_mag"; this addMagazine "aaw_f88_mag"

Or is there a simple way? thanks again.

Edit: if that gun was wrong how i put it in, then how to add the rest etc? is it just the ''1'' and the ''g'' that is missing on them all?

Update: sorry about this, just checked the pdf again it seems to of been my bad! when i copied and pasted, seems that the adobe copied most but not all!

sorry about that! lol

Edited by DarkXess

check the pdf that came with the dowload mate. all classnames are in there

Excellent weapons, i think Ace changes some of the sounds inadvertently. The F88 A1 sounds a bit strange with Ace loaded before it.

_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_A1", 2]; 
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_A1_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_A1_carbine", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_A1_carbine_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_A1_gla", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_elcan", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_elcan_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_elcan_gla", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_elcan_carbine", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_elcan_carbine_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_S", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_S_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_S_gla", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_S_carbine", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_S_carbine_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_ACOG", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_ACOG_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_ACOG_gla", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine_CQB", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_AIM", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_AIM_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_AIM_gla", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_AIM_carbine", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f88_AIM_carbine_fgrip", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f89_ELCAN", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f89_ACOG", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f89_15", 2];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_f89_AIM", 2];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_mag58", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_mag58_ELCAN", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_mag58_ACOG", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_mag58_AIM", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_M72a6", 50];

_this addWeaponCargo ["M2 Carl Gustav", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["M2 Carl Gustav", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_M2_carlG", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_M2_carlG_optic", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_M2_carlG_D", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_M2_carlG_optic_D", 50];
_this addWeaponCargo ["AAW_F1_Grenade", 50];

_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_f88_mag", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["F89 aaw_f89_mag", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_f89_100_mag", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_mag58_mag", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["AAW_M72a6", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEDPaaw_HEAT", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_RAP", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEDP_FFV", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_FFV", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_RAP_FFV", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEDP_D", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_D", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_RAP_D", 50]; 
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEDP_FFV_D", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_FFV_D", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_HEAT_RAP_FFV_D", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_f1_grenade", 50];
_this addMagazineCargo ["aaw_f1_grenadePlayer", 50];

Weaponcrate for anyone who wants it, i downloaded every weapon addon on here and made a really really big ammo box above is the AAW part :)

Hey guys release bit of an update with a few new additions. Pack now features NZDF variations of the Steyr.

Beta 2

Additions:

* NZ IW steyr variants and ammo box

* Deployable bipods on LMGs - uses the H key

* Tracers for F89 and F88

* Full tracer mags for all AAW weapons and 1 in 5 tracer mags for LMGs

* ACE tac light functionality for the F88s and IW Steyrs in the ACE version (L key)

* Two new variables that can be added to the init.sqf to switch off (default is on) the frontgrips/bipods or CQB sight functionality, set

AAW_noGripOrBipod = true; //remove front grip/bipod functionality

AAW_noCQBsights = true; //remove CQB sight functionality

in the init.sqf to switch off both.

* removed the desert carlGs from standard anti-armour crate and added them to a separate desert anti-armour crate

Changes:

* Front handgrips on the F88s now use H key to be deployed

* Hints now use hintSilent

* Improved front hand grip animation for the F88s

Fixes:

* "Invisible weapons" bug that occurred when spamming the function keys

* ACE version is now compatible with the ACE grenades

* Players who are equipped with an AAW weapon at mission start will now have the grip and CQB functionality without having to drop and pick up the weapon again

* Fuzzy textures in pilot lod of carlGs

* Carbine barrels shortened to correct length

---------

Vanilla Download beta2 - Requires CBA and Inkos disposable launchers

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B7EQUEAJ

---------

ACE Download beta2 - Requires CBA and ACE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BFVOWZG

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

Just making sure. Is that a release announcement or just an update about the update? I'm a little slow today. My apologies.

is that a bug that the ace version requires INKO? because i tested it and there was this message.

Just looked at armaholic looks like fox accidenty uploaded the vanilla to the ACE page i will pm him to get him to fix it, download from mu for now I suppose

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Fox got back to me Leogecko27 said its fixed, try the ACE link again now