Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War Addon Team - Infantry Weapons Pack

is there a list of class names anywhere? and also what is the keybind for using the handgrip? sorry if its a stupid question.

Deployable bipods on LMGs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSP2jjb82Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSP2jjb82Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

awesome, ace should do that for all the ACE/BIS weapons with bipods...if thats possible of course

Yeah but M72 LAW is a regular weapon in USMC and this model is looking very nice that's why I suggested this

No, it's been replaced by the AT4.

EDIT: It's too bad the regular version of the AUG (with 1.5 times zoom) can not be modelled correctly. It's supposed to be used with both eyes open, right? So the view should be like the "aimpoint view" only with the image on the scope zoomed in a bit. Now, the surroundings are completely obscured when using the scope, making this weapon quite useless at close ranges (and forcing you to use the CQB sights instead).

But I'm sure this is an ArmA 2 problem (it's probably not possible to both use zoom in the scope and see the surroundings), and that it cannot be fixed in an addon.

Edited by Johan S

they also use the M72a7

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/USMC-Replenishes-M72A7-LAW-Stocks-Orders-7750-05170/

Anyway before this starts this isnt the place for USMC/ACE/m72 debate

If you wish to take it further you can do so here where the issue has already been taken up with ACE http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8453

EDIT: It's too bad the regular version of the AUG (with 1.5 times zoom) can not be modelled correctly. It's supposed to be used with both eyes open, right? So the view should be like the "aimpoint view" only with the image on the scope zoomed in a bit. Now, the surroundings are completely obscured when using the scope, making this weapon quite useless at close ranges (and forcing you to use the CQB sights instead).

You could make it like the USEC weapons pack steyrs. They did it ok, it was like the red dot but had that image. I like it, but the steyrs themselves werent very convincing.

But if they were using the red dot, open view, did the image in the scope have 1.5 times zoom then, or no zoom at all like the red dot view?

The point is to use an open, unobstructed view and still get the 1.5 times zoom in the scope. But I suspect this can not be done. On the other hand, you can zoom the red dot view in with right mouse button, but not the 1.5 times scope as it is now. So maybe using that zoom could be considered having a 1.5 zoom, then you could use the red dot view with the reticle from the 1.5 times scope.

Edited by Johan S

Unless ArmA2 comes up with a way to, I believe its called render to texture then its not going to happen. I think its been discussed before with other addons with no workable conclusion

Ok, that's what I suspected. But as it is now, you get about the same zoom level if you use the red dot sight and hold right mouse button and when you use the 1.5 optics (which are fixed and cannot be zoomed in any more).

Have you considered using the unzoomed view for the 1.5 optics to make them more useful for CQB? Yes, it would be inaccurate to just have a 1 x normal zoom, but the extra RMB-zoom could be considered to make up for that, right? I think there is more loss of realism as it is now (with a totally obscured view through the 1.5 optics) than what that solution would be.

Just a suggestion, make of it what you will.

And thanks for a great addon, I love getting a chance to use one of my favourite weapons, the Steyr AUG, and very nice also to get the Swedish Carl Gustav AT launcher.

Edited by Johan S

Yes we trialed something like that back with ArmA1. unfortunatley you get a terrible tunneling effect with the steyr optic. It is not verry evident on the aimpoint since the aimpoint is so short and stubby. If you look at the ACE aimpoint how ever you will notice there is a far more significant tunneling effect. Take in to account how long the a1 optic is and how much thinner it is and you can imagine how much worse it would be. This along with the fact it gave us only around a cm to try and put the doughnut in reticule in we decided to go with the method we have set up now. Some may perhaps prefer it the other way with the extreme tunneling effect but we decided against it.

Ok, thanks for the info. No problem, I will just stick to the red dot sight then. I think using the 1.5 optics is too awkward the way it is now. Thanks again for your great work!

VBS2 1.4 now has some render to texture stuff on there apache's etc. Not sure if it can be used to do everything else though.

I doubt it, but hope Arrowhead implements it.

17056_292365265125_624405125_510798.jpg

Hey Boys,

Just want to say congrats on the release, all that hard work paid off by the looks of it.

Keep it up.

I've run into an annoying problem, which at this stage i'm only experiencing with this addon. I've put these weapon boxes in the mission editor, and can use them properly with no errors. However, when i came back to the mission later (and it may have been due to adding other components/scripts in in the meantime) I now get a downloadable content error when selecting an F88 from the box. The f88 itself works, reloads, looks correct but i still get this random error. In my previous experience this has been either: not having the addon at all, or the addons list being wrong somehow in the mission.sqm . but neither are the case this time.. any ideas?

In my previous experience this has been either: not having the addon at all, or the addons list being wrong somehow in the mission.sqm . but neither are the case this time.. any ideas?

Very strange - sounds like you've got all your bases covered and its very unlikely that a script would stuff up an addon definition. It could be that you are seeing a conflict between addons.

Here's a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure that the the mod folder with the AAW weapons appears last in your start-up parameters eg

-mod=@Addon_A;@Addon_B;@AAW

2. try deleting the crates, saving and then making sure the f88 addons removed from the mission addon list - then try re-adding the crates

If you're still having probs can you post screenshots of the errors you're getting, the only thing I can think of that may conflict with other addons is the F1 grenade config if you are using other addons that use grenades, and maybe PM me a link to your mission file with a list of all the addons you are using.

Thanks mate,

norrin

#2 is potentially how i stuffed it in the first place on further investigation. My cavalry troop template (units with names/numbers in correct squads and ADF loadouts and AAW crates etc) works still but the built on version of this as i created a scenario, is what gives me the error. I'm going to delete the mission and rebuild it from the template and see where it goes wrong if it all.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

ok tested it, built my mission the same way as last time, saving and previewing as i went. The error pops up as soon as there is a High command: commander module on the map. No idea why, thats for you to find out :)

very nice mod. models and textures made me drool. At any rate however, I think I came across an error. Basically, after adding the ACE version to my addons list, I went in to help with some advanced training with my group and long story short, I couldn't hear them firing their weapons the entire time. We investigated a bit and confirmed the one mod we had in common was the steyr pack and when we deleted it, sounds came back. Please look in to this if possible.

@ togoforb - We're regular uses of ACE and haven't seen the problem you're describing - the only thing that we've found so far is that the LMGs will sometimes switch between the standard BIS sounds and the ACE sounds (we are just in the process of addressing this problem).

Having said that we're using the ACEX_SM sound addon with ACE are you using this or another sound mod?

Also what weapons lost their sounds was it the F88s or some of the standard weapons or all weapons?

Yes we trialed something like that back with ArmA1. unfortunatley you get a terrible tunneling effect with the steyr optic. It is not verry evident on the aimpoint since the aimpoint is so short and stubby. If you look at the ACE aimpoint how ever you will notice there is a far more significant tunneling effect. Take in to account how long the a1 optic is and how much thinner it is and you can imagine how much worse it would be. This along with the fact it gave us only around a cm to try and put the doughnut in reticule in we decided to go with the method we have set up now. Some may perhaps prefer it the other way with the extreme tunneling effect but we decided against it.

Not sure if this would be an effective way around it or not, but if you deleted the faces inside the actual sight tube you shouldn't get any tunnelling at all. That said, you may get other problems with the faces on the adjustment knobs and the front backup sight showing... :|

yeah you get the normal back face culling issues, adjustment knobs, the part that connects the front of the optic to the front of the rail and the front post for the emergancy battle sights are all visible, ive tried to get around it in more then a few ways but no love

@ Norrin

Not certain as to the reason behind it but I'll try and reproduce it next game I have.

Here's the change log for the upcoming beta 2 of the AAW weapons pack

Additions:

* NZ IW steyr variants and ammo box

* Deployable bipods on LMGs - uses the shift H key

* Tracers for F89 and F88

* Full tracer mags for all AAW weapons and 1 in 5 tracer mags for LMGs

* ACE tac light functionality for the F88s and IW Steyrs in the ACE version (L key)

* Two new variables that can be added to the init.sqf to switch off (default is on) the frontgrips/bipods or CQB sight functionality, set

AAW_noGripOrBipod = true; //remove front grip/bipod functionality
AAW_noCQBsights = true; //remove CQB sight functionality

in the init.sqf to switch off both.

Changes:

* Front handgrips on the F88s now use shift H to be deployed

* Hints now use hintSilent

* carlG rounds and F89 mags use one inventory slot in the ACE version

* Improved front hand grip animation for the F88s

Fixes:

* "Invisible weapons" bug that occurred when spamming the function keys

* ACE version is now compatible with ACE grenades

* Players who are equipped with an AAW weapon at mission start will now have the grip and CQB functionality without having to drop and pick up the weapon again

Explanation of LMG bipod functionality

Shift H key

The AAW weapons addon now features deployable bipods on both the F89 and Mag58 LMGs. When standing or kneeling having the bipod raised slightly reduces recoil compared with having the bipod deployed, whereas when lying prone having the bipod deployed offers the greatest reduction in recoil.

Notes specific to the ACE version

The "weapon resting" feature is only avaliable when the LMG bipod is deployed

Additional Thanks

ACE2 Mod - for kindly allowing us to use their M240 and M249 weapon sounds in the ACE version of the AAW weapons addon

AusArmA - for our new home

Edited by norrin

How did you change your recoil on the fly? Is it via switching weapons? (i.e having a high recoil non-deployed weapon and a low recoil deployed weapon and switching between them via script, similar to the foregrips?)

How did you change your recoil on the fly? Is it via switching weapons? (i.e having a high recoil non-deployed weapon and a low recoil deployed weapon and switching between them via script, similar to the foregrips?)

Yep that's it :) If we can just get BIS to add a few more config entries such as:

recoilBipod

recoilBipodProne

and new memory positions like:

CQBsights_eye

none of these slight of hand tricks and scripting mumbo jumbo would be necessary and all this info would be contained in a single model.