Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War Addon Team - Infantry Weapons Pack

very nivce weapon pack ! I'd love to see the LAW implemented in ACE2 !

It's already ACE2 compatible. What benefit would adding it to ACE2? If content makers do exactly what these guys did(adding an ACE2 config) then it's all good.

What we need to do is start asking the people that haven't done this yet and the ones currently working on their unreleased content instead of trying to get the guys that have provided an ACE2 config put their stuff physically in ACEX.

We need to get the Russian content makers to add an additional config to their stuff now.

Hey I was curious if anyone has any tracers when firing the rifles? I didn't notice any, even when using pistolfied's tracer mod. If no one else does neither, I can try putting in a request to support these beauties in his next update?

One word. Awesome. Downloading this, good stuff guys!

Yeah but M72 LAW is a regular weapon in USMC and this model is looking very nice that's why I suggested this

Awesome pack and awesome quality all around. Thanks a lot guys. :)

Good job. Nice to see some high quality aussie weapons. Keep it up!

Good job guys, but i think i broke something.

When i set free-look so that i can see the change in hand grip, if i constantly change the fore grip i get and error for config.bin and the weapon disappears.

Hey I was curious if anyone has any tracers when firing the rifles? I didn't notice any, even when using pistolfied's tracer mod. If no one else does neither, I can try putting in a request to support these beauties in his next update?

Why?

As far as I've been informed we don't fire tracers through Steyrs unless it's for some kind of special purpose. Tracer is used on Minimis, MAGs, and M2s. I don't recall ever hearing of it being used in our rifles unless some special purpose was in mind (i.e. indicating something by tracer fire).

I don't know if reg units do things differently, but I can't imagine anyone would deliberately load a Steyr with tracers unless they had some kind of plan which necessitated it.

Why?

Special effects for those that like to see tracers flying around in their game.

Isn't tracers config in the bullet config? Or is it in the magazine config?

Good job guys, but i think i broke something.

When i set free-look so that i can see the change in hand grip, if i constantly change the fore grip i get and error for config.bin and the weapon disappears.

Yes if you spam the function keys often enough and fast enough then the system will break - I'll work on making the system completely fool-proof (currently if you press the keys about once a second its seems to work fine) but the question remains why would you need to repeatedly and quickly change the hand position in normal play. Just to be on the safe side for the time being make sure the hand position has changed before you press the function keys a second time.

Edited by norrin

Noice work fellas!

Scuse my noobishness question here, but is it possible they could come with an equipment and ammo box if you are going to do any updates for easier testing?

Noice work fellas!

Scuse my noobishness question here, but is it possible they could come with an equipment and ammo box if you are going to do any updates for easier testing?

It's already in

Why?

As far as I've been informed we don't fire tracers through Steyrs unless it's for some kind of special purpose. Tracer is used on Minimis, MAGs, and M2s. I don't recall ever hearing of it being used in our rifles unless some special purpose was in mind (i.e. indicating something by tracer fire).

Basically what Centipede said in response. However, I didn't know Steyr users don't use tracers. If that's the way it really is, then I have no issues to be honest other than for recording videos for HIFI testing.

Cheers on the bit-o-education. :)

Like I said, I could be wrong... that's only what I've heard and I'm still pretty fresh out of Kapooka. Someone who's been in a bit longer would probably know better.

Either way, I'd rather not have tracers coming out of something unless that's the way it is in the real world, and I'm fairly certain it's not in this case.

Yeah I know what you mean. I try to keep as realistic as possible most of the time. You might be right since I don't recall seeing even any videos of them firing tracer rounds since trying to check. Hope I also didn't sound sarcastic at the end of my response, by the way. I know there are quite a few out there who like to talk a lot but don't know what they are talking about in the way of facts--so I'm always up for learning. :D

Awesome stuff.

What's the difference between the vanilla version and ACE version?

I presume the vanilla version will still work in both cases.

Here's a quick export of class names in each crate, if that helps anyone:

aawWpnsBox_F88_1

"AAW_f88_A1"

"AAW_f88_A1_gla"

"AAW_f88_A1_carbine"

"AAW_f88_elcan"

"AAW_f88_elcan_gla"

"AAW_f88_elcan_carbine"

"AAW_f88_s"

"AAW_f88_s_gla"

"AAW_f88_s_carbine"

"AAW_f88_ACOG"

"AAW_f88_ACOG_gla"

"AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine"

"AAW_f88_AIM"

"AAW_f88_AIM_gla"

"AAW_f88_AIM_carbine"

"aaw_f88_mag"

"aaw_f1_grenade"

"SmokeShell"

"SmokeShellYellow"

"SmokeShellGreen"

"SmokeShellPurple"

"SmokeShellBlue"

"SmokeShellOrange"

"FlareYellow_M203"

"FlareRed_M203"

"FlareGreen_M203"

"FlareWhite_M203"

"1Rnd_HE_M203"

aawWpnsBox_LMG

"AAW_f89_ELCAN"

"AAW_f89_ACOG"

"AAW_f89_15"

"AAW_f89_AIM"

"AAW_mag58"

"AAW_mag58_ELCAN"

"AAW_mag58_ACOG"

"AAW_mag58_AIM"

"aaw_f89_mag"

"aaw_f89_100_mag"

"aaw_mag58_mag"

"aaw_f1_grenade"

"SmokeShell"

"SmokeShellYellow"

"SmokeShellGreen"

"SmokeShellPurple"

"SmokeShellBlue"

"SmokeShellOrange"

aawWpnsBox_AA

"AAW_M72a6"

"AAW_M2_carlG"

"AAW_M2_carlG_optic"

"AAW_M2_carlG_D"

"AAW_M2_carlG_optic_D"

"Javelin"

"aaw_HEDP"

"aaw_HEAT"

"aaw_HEAT_RAP"

"aaw_HEDP_FFV"

"aaw_HEAT_FFV"

"aaw_HEAT_RAP_FFV"

"aaw_HEDP_D"

"aaw_HEAT_D"

"aaw_HEAT_RAP_D"

"aaw_HEDP_FFV_D"

"aaw_HEAT_FFV_D"

"aaw_HEAT_RAP_FFV_D"

"Javelin"

ya I should have said the class names and functionality are all available in the aawReadmeAndTermsOfUse.pdf included in the pack.

I'm not 100% sure norrin can answer it better but i know one thing is that weights have been added to all items.

What's the difference between the vanilla version and ACE version?

I presume the vanilla version will still work in both cases.

Hiya Dr,

The main difference is that the vanilla config uses the inko_disposable system for the M72 whereas the ACE version uses the ACE_disposable version of inko's system

norrin