Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Soldier Template

I have altered your soldier. you have included with the download. But how do I actually view it in the game? I understand everything else but this part confused me, I just want to be able to see the soldier that I changed in the game. I am new to making addons and such, so any help is appreciated guys. Thanks again.

-Whyte

you need to config the addon the way you want and ensure you have updated the model.cfg file. in the file there should be an example config.cpp and model.cfg, just keep those and replace the model with your edited version and add in any textures that you have edited. make sure they're in a folder, and use binPBO (comes in the BITools2) to binarize, sign, and pack the addon for game use.

How do you update the Model.cfg. Because you said "Ensure you have updated the model.cfg". How do I go about doing that? I am new to this so my apologies for noob questions. I figured out how to do the binPBO and all but dont wanna do that til I figure out how to update the model.cfg and anything else.

How do you update the Model.cfg. Because you said "Ensure you have updated the model.cfg". How do I go about doing that? I am new to this so my apologies for noob questions. I figured out how to do the binPBO and all but dont wanna do that til I figure out how to update the model.cfg and anything else.

you need to make sure you've added your model in there. like this example..

class Vehicle: Default
{
	sections[] =
	{
		"cislo",
		"grupa",
		"side",
		"sektor",
		"clan",
		"clan_sign",
		"podsvit pristroju",
		"poskozeni",
		"L svetlo",
		"P svetlo",
		"zasleh"
	};
};
 class Flag: Default
{
	sections[] = {"latka"};
};
class flag_auto: Flag {};
class flag_alone: Flag {};

class [color="red"]bink_usmc_soldier[/color] : ArmaMan {};
class [color="red"]bink_usmc_light[/color] : ArmaMan {};
class [color="red"]bink_usmc_ar[/color] : ArmaMan {};
class [color="red"]bink_usmc_tl[/color] : ArmaMan {};
class [color="Red"]bink_usmc_corpsman[/color] : ArmaMan {};
};

this is at the bottom of your model.cfg, the names i have highlighted in red are the names of my p3d models. make sure they are the same as your p3d model names! or you'll run into issues.

Ok, I will give it a whirl and keep you updated how it turns out. Thanks again, oh also do they need to be textured before I test in game?

Ok, I will give it a whirl and keep you updated how it turns out. Thanks again, oh also do they need to be textured before I test in game?

not necessarily. you can get them in game not textured, but they're just going to be white (obviously).

ok, yea thats what I figured they would be. Once again I will let you know the outcome of it all. Thanks again man.

whyte

So I did all this and this is what I encoutered: I try to run the soldier in game and cannot even find him in the armory, and when I exit the game and come back and look at the soldiers log I have this error. :confused:

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8 Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11 Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found Cannot load material file ca\characters\data\us_hhl.rvmat. Cannot load material file ca\characters\data\us_hhl.rvmat Cannot load material file ca\characters\data\us_sabot.rvmat. Cannot load material file ca\characters\data\us_sabot.rvmat Cannot load material file examples\data\soldier_flora_vsr_vest.rvmat. Cannot load material file examples\data\soldier_flora_vsr_vest.rvmat Cannot load material file examples\data\soldier_equip_pioneer.rvmat. Cannot load material file examples\data\soldier_equip_pioneer.rvmat Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2 p:\examples\wytessoldier\assualts.p3d:1: Bad proxy object definition proxy:\ca\weapons\beretta.01 p:\examples\wytessoldier\assualts.p3d:1: Bad proxy object definition proxy:\ca\weapons\dalekohled_proxy.01 p:\examples\wytessoldier\assualts.p3d:1: Bad proxy object definition proxy:\ca\characters\flag_vojak.01 p:\examples\wytessoldier\assualts.p3d:1: Bad proxy object definition proxy:\ca\characters\heads\bysta.001 p:\examples\wytessoldier\assualts.p3d:1: Bad proxy object definition proxy:\ca\weapons Error while trying to '
Edited by Whyte_Out

So I did all this and this is what I encoutered: I try to run the soldier in game and cannot even find him in the armory, and when I exit the game and come back and look at the soldiers log I have this error. :confused:

the "examples/data/...." files have nothing to do with the soldiers bink put up. You have to move those files to your data folder and edit the paths accordingly in the p3d & rvmats.

Anyway, us_sabot.rvmat etc are not present in ArmA 2 I think.. so you should find the file and do the same as I said above. Copy the proxies off the example model for arma 2 if these are broken (they shouldn't be).

thanks for the update Fox, one more question...where is everyone getting these player models I noticed I am see a lot of the same gear on a lot of soldiers but noone will tell me where to find this stuff at.

I think I have both of these, but I notice people reskin pilots and such but I don't think there in these packs...

Possibly they are using hidden selections in a config and a new diffuse map to make variants.

Please. Could anybody explain me way we can't use BI A2 sample models "right out of the box" like we do with this package? Way BI released this sample like this?

Please. Could anybody explain me way we can't use BI A2 sample models "right out of the box" like we do with this package? Way BI released this sample like this?

The sample models are used as a guideline for your work. I put this out so people who may not have the knowledge to put characters in game can have a base that shows how to get them in game with the config, model config, correct texture paths, etc.

I downloaded "sample models from bistudio.com", inside is BISoldier, with all of his data, but without config... By the textures it seems like your test soldier... But that soldier have helmet, more gear etc... And how to use this .p3d file in Arma 2, well... how to convert it? Do i need to go In Oxygen 2, tools, mas testure & material renaming and which files and how to rename? And, whether it is enough or i need to do and other changes?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Can someone send me a link with a guide on how to get your infantry to work in ArmA2?

I'm still using your test soldier to experimente... It's great! Now, i want to change his side... I experiment with your config.cpp, and i succeeded... this is the example:

#define true 1

#define false 0

class CfgPatches {

class bboy_test_units {

units[] = {"bboy_test_soldier"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgVehicleClasses {

class bboy_test_soldier {

displayName = "bboy units";

};

};

class CfgVehicles {

class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class Man : Land {};

class Soldier : Man {};

class Civilian : Man {};

class SoldierEB : Soldier {};

class RU_Soldier : SoldierEB {};

class bboy_test_soldier : RU_Soldier {

vehicleClass = "bboy_test_soldier";

displayName = "bboy";

model = "\soldier_p3d\soldier";

class Wounds {

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds2.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

};

};

But problem is because addon is under Russia side, and I want to put him ONLY under OPFOR... I tryed bunch of times, changing a lot of things, experiment with a lot of things, spending hours here... but nothing... Or addon is under Russia, or addon don't exist...

Can someone help me with this trouble? Thanks...

You need to create a new faction for them to be under OPFOR. As currently you are inheriting from the Russian soldier so your soldier will be under than faction.

You need to create a new faction for them to be under OPFOR. As currently you are inheriting from the Russian soldier so your soldier will be under than faction.

Well, thank you! But, if you would be kind enough to tell me exactly what and how to write and where to insert it, I'd appreciate it even more... :)

Well, thank you! But, if you would be kind enough to tell me exactly what and how to write and where to insert it, I'd appreciate it even more... :)

Sorry I'm not at my computer right now, so can't give you an example of what to write. I'm sure another member of the forums will be able to help you and give you an example.

Edited by R0adki11

O.K... Thanks anyway...

I'm away for the weekend, accessing the forums on my phone. I will be able to reply tomorrow evening with examples, when I'm back at my computer.

Edit:

Back from my trip away, right i can help you with that example:

#define true	1
#define false	0

class CfgPatches {
class bboy_test_units {
units[] = {"bboy_test_soldier"};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 1.0;
requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class CfgFactionClasses 
{
class Your_faction_name
{
	displayName = "your display name";
	priority = 5;
	side = 1;
};
};

class CfgVehicleClasses {
class bboy_test_soldier {
displayName = "bboy units";
};
};

class CfgVehicles {
class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class Man : Land {};

class Soldier : Man {};

class Civilian : Man {};

class SoldierEB : Soldier {};

class RU_Soldier : SoldierEB {};

class bboy_test_soldier : RU_Soldier {
vehicleClass = "bboy_test_soldier";
displayName = "bboy";
model = "\soldier_p3d\soldier";
faction ="Your_faction_name";
class Wounds {
tex[] = {};
mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rv mat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wou nds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wou nds2.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat ", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat "};
};
};
};

Edited by R0adki11

THANK YOU MAAAN! Now it's working!!! Thanks you a lot!!! :yay:

I get a twisted arm effect when I put my own edited version of Jonny's SF guys into this, I don't touch anything in the CFG file, or the CPP file I just rename mine soldier.p3d. looks fine in bulldozer, and when I animate it to check pouch weights etc, no distortions, but when it's in the game, the arms twist at the forearms, one permanent (left) and the right, seems animated, normal, and then twisted like a beacon of sorts.

I use the same model to view the AI one, but that doesn't suffer from distortions.

I deleted all the LODS apart from the 1st one, but can't see how that would effect the main LOD.

any suggestions ??