Sign in to follow this  
phoenix123

spraying bullets!

hi, everyone. This is my first post here. I'm having trouble with the 1.05 patch. Ever since i installed it the accuracy of all the guns in the game has been completely destroyed. From sniper rifles to the canon on the A-10, it's like spraying bullets. Huge dispersion. Please help me sort this out. I have the A.C.E mod installed too.

Thanks.

It seems you have activated FADE im afraid. If you cant hit and the bullets go left right up down a lot then thats it. It is ARMA's copy protection that breaks down the gameplay over time. Pirated games will get this treatment.

I would suggest maybe to reinstall everything.

I notice that when I have a tank it shoots about 1/4 ot 1/2 inch to the right of the aiming sights in first person gunner mode, I have no problems with any other gun though. It has been that way since the first day I installed it. I bought my copy at Best Buy and it was never opened so I hope that is not fade.

The post at the top certainly seems like fade. He either accidently activated it on a genuine install, or never noticed it until after 1.05 patch.

Where did you buy it from? Did you buy it?

Well the A-10 gun has always had a spray to it, just like it should.

The GAU-8 is actually pretty solid in its minimal dispersion. Otherwise it wouldn't be that great at what it does.

That's probably the coaxial MG only Mysteryman. On farther distance the hit point should match with the sights because of the gun's position.

And another one gone

And another one gone

Another one bites the dust

Hey, I'm gonna get you too

GG BIS, funniest copy protection scheme ever :D

And another one gone

And another one gone

Hey, I'm gonna get you too

GG BIS, funniest copy protection scheme ever :D

Yes Indeed :D :D :D ROFL

It certainly is.

To the OP if the copy protection has been activated in error just contact BIS and they will sort it out for you. A PM to Placebo who I am sure will be along shortly will solve such a problem.

If you have been naughty then be a good chap go to the BIS site and find where you can buy a proper version of ArmA. BIS do deserve to be paid for their work you know and it is not very expensive for years of fun.

Kind Regards walker

I notice that when I have a tank it shoots about 1/4 ot 1/2 inch to the right of the aiming sights in first person gunner mode, I have no problems with any other gun though. It has been that way since the first day I installed it. I bought my copy at Best Buy and it was never opened so I hope that is not fade.

That's normal.. it's because the bullets are actually coming from the barrel of the gun (not from the "eye" as in most shooters). It's noticable mainly at very close ranges..

Thanks Trapper, yes it is with the MG at closer ranges. I was getting worried b/c I keep reading about this fade thing. I read another post that said if the A10 gun shoots in a cone, it is fade. My A10 shoots in a cone when taking of (just like the sound of it so I was playing around) but in the air it shoots in a straight line. Like I said I bought my game at Best Buy, in an unopened box so I didn't think I should be having any problems.

Thanks Trapper, yes it is with the MG at closer ranges. I was getting worried b/c I keep reading about this fade thing. I read another post that said if the A10 gun shoots in a cone, it is fade. My A10 shoots in a cone when taking of (just like the sound of it so I was playing around) but in the air it shoots in a straight line. Like I said I bought my game at Best Buy, in an unopened box so I didn't think I should be having any problems.

If you are unsure whether you have triggered FADE, just try to shoot with a pistol. You won't be able to hit a house 10 meters in front of you :p

Hi all

BIS's anti cheat and piracy system does some very subtle things, many of them on a timed release. This results in amusing cases of pirates and cheats declaring they have cracked ArmA only for them to be plagued by users complaining their crack does not work a little latter. Then BIS includes updates to it aimed at the cracks each time there is a patch or beta.

So either the numpties end up looking like incompetent fools or only manage to get their crack out for few days before a patch makes it redundant and they are back to square one. When you add in the dread that they triggered some new awful form of Fade and that it is lurking on their crack ready to pounce at any time and their rep will once again be trash and their users will threaten and abuse them while spamming them to death for wasting their download bandwidth, you can perhaps see why they are so grouchy and whine so much. It is a bit like that old chestnut the Marketing Equivalent of AIDS.

It is a laugh a minute.

ROFL :D :D :D

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

@Myshaak- Thank you. No probs with any guns aside of the tank MG at close range but trapper explained that one :). I would have been extremely pissed if it was fade though b/c I even payed full price, no sales around here for the game, as I could only find 1 store that even had Arma2 and it was their only copy. Thanks again guys.

with Fade does the screen eventualy go all posterised?

I have a genuine Arma 2 patched to 1.05, installed Ace2 and since then bullet accuarcy has been decreasing, sitting in a M1 A2 Tusk nearest OPFOR is 1km away in a T72 which I've just take out, my crew then die one after another and when I switch to a playable designated marksman I find that the view is all black and white and like the posterize effect in Paintshop is this Fade?

with Fade does the screen eventualy go all posterised?

I have a genuine Arma 2 patched to 1.05, installed Ace2 and since then bullet accuarcy has been decreasing, sitting in a M1 A2 Tusk nearest OPFOR is 1km away in a T72 which I've just take out, my crew then die one after another and when I switch to a playable designated marksman I find that the view is all black and white and like the posterize effect in Paintshop is this Fade?

Yer it is, but I have no idea what may have caused it. Anyone else know?

Hmmm only happens when I use the Aces 2 mod. when launching the game normally through the ArmaII icon it runs fine.

Game is an original and genuine boxed Arma 2 that I got through Amazon.co.uk

The strange view you're describing sounds like FLIR to me. Used to help pick out targets, doesn't quite work that well in ArmA but it's good enough for now.

I'd say that it could be win doing this, or the fact that the gun is to the side of the sight.

I had set up a small mission in the editor to try the artillery and watch the effects of the gunnery :o

Originaly I had done it in the un-modded Arma2 and then tried it with Ace2. I only get the effects happening if I select "install or update and start game" from the sixshooter gui, if I run the normal Arma2 it runs fine.

If I just "startgame" ace2 then it just gives me poor accuaracy ... can't hit a sheep at 20m with the DMR and you can see the bullets hit all round the sheep. If I update then startgame then it has the "posterization" when I team swap back to the designated marksman.

I'm going to ask this to the Mods complete forum as I think it is more a problem with Ace2 than with Arma2.

Thanksfor your sugestion tho.

T = Teamswap

T = Activate FLIR in ACE2 (if applicable)

^^ what he said... I freaked out too at first, just adjust your settings so T only does one thing.