Sign in to follow this  
LockDOwn

Why is this game not more popular?

OK, so you're definitely not looking for teamplay in ArmA2, but for Project Reality in ArmA2, in which case yes, I see why you would be disappointed, A2 is not PR, but you can wait for PR to come in.

curious how you desume it?

PR is not the only teamplay oriented game out there, and its solutions for teamplay are not the only ones possible....

Exactlly. I dont know how one can say ARMA is not a teamplay game? It all depends on who you play with. Big freedom in games (as ARMA) needs people to step up and take charge, and the others need to follow the leaders commands.

oh really? is not perfect and i'm not playing only pr but i would to know how you can consider a2 a teamplay game..probably you don't understand that if you play a game in locked server with all the members on ts it doesn't make the game teamwork oriented,but just that mission will be teamwork oriented.so the tons

of lonewolf in berzerk,ctf,domi,evo are just a bad dream?well it might be a collective hallucination because i saw in these years a lot of people whining about this situation.

to call a game teamwork oriented most of the server must be focalized on teamwork,not just a few of them.so let me know,you can find a decent teamwork in most of the server you jump in?if yes trust me you guys are soooo lucky.even bf2 can be called teamwork oriented if you play it with some good player.but it still 1 of the kings of lonewolf games.well a2 is not like bf2 i know..but i hope you understand it the example.

I feel sad for those who hasnt experienced this yet in ARMA cause its a beautiful thing :o: (sorry got something in my eye). Getting into a team or just bunch up with some good players is what it takes even though you can find this sometimes on pub servers as well. Usually becuase they have structure in form of leaders/admins and followers. When you do experience what im talking about you will know. :)

i've played 1 of the few event in arma 1 involving 100 players and everything was coordinated(ADW=arma dynamic war) it was great,sometimes i play coops with my clan like the goal clan does: i mean everyone take cover,you look at your angle, you move with your squad ecc.

problem is that there is a general lack of teamwork in most of the server.of course i can find what i want...but not in a decent quantity.

When you do experience what im talking about you will know. :)

proved.

considering your post i guess you think to speak with a type of player which is not me...

Yeah games with lots of boundaries and rules. I know the free roam style of ARMA can be hard for some. Explained above.

truth but i don't get the relation with my post.as i said above"you think to speak with a type of player which is not me..."

You know, with the announcement of PR:Arma2, I was afraid this would happen. Mod's great. Some of it's community... Eh...

afraid of what?omg...

well i'm a respectful guy;i can't tell you exactly what i think of your post with the proper worlds. i must limitate myself cuz i don't have a lot of confidence with you.

here we have another magician which has desumed i'm part of the pr comunity,well not completely wrong but before i was and i am part of this comunity.dear having 2000 post it makes you just part of the forum but not automatically part of the comunity.using the contrare statement if i've joined

this forum 1 week ago doesn't mean i'm new.i've played a little bit ofp(not since the start),i've played a loooooot arma in berzerk/evo/domi and some some particular specifical mission.i've spend a lot of times on TG server and C5 server,i'm playing arma 2.considering the fact i really like to spend my time in MP is very probable that i've spended more time on BIS games than you..so the word "new" sound strange to me.

Some of it's community... Eh...

i was polite but with different ideas...

gentleman let me tell you this is the most funny thing of your post.you have

forgotten how ***PART*** of this mature(sarcasm surely) comunity

has treated the guy of DEV TEAM.he was insulted and generally he was treated with suspicion. i have more right than you to tell "some of this comunity...eh....";).as you might know even part of the old members of this forum feel ashamed for how you treated that guy.

Listen - LegendKiller, we respect you like PR's style of gameplay. We like Arma2's style of gameplay. If you want PR's, then play PR until PR:Arma2 is released. If not, well, stop trying to change "the game". It ain't broken, it's just not what you like.

never said is broken is just a game with a lot of unused potential.

you can easily take the best things of pr,a game which in some aspect is even more realistic of arma2 and in other stuff nope,and implements in some game-mode.probably arma 2 has many things to learn from pr..pr has just to learn how to become more realistic from arma2.

but no probably you guys are going to wast this opportunity

and you will never give it a try.feel free i don't care to much.guess what i was searching for(and not only me)is coming in a few months.

I don't think A2 is not what he likes, just that he doesn't want to try different possible implementation of teamplay missions.

Berzerk is not the most teamplay thing out there, but Berzerk is not "ArmA2 MP PvP".

That's a slight issue with A2 openness, as it's very flexible, everyone has his own view of what should be done (and which can be done), and will dismiss anything going slightly away of the perceived Holy Truth. When, with such a flexibility game, we should go the opposite and experiment as much as possible, if you ask me

mm man, you seem more rational,i'm not a funboy of pr and i can even play something different from berzerk(which is far a mile away to be my fav. map)

but to be honest,and plz tell me(not only you..)if is not truth,i've never saw a good percentage of teamwork in devastation game-mode and aas maps,you should also consider in this time, and it always been in this way from arma to arma 2,is more easy to find a berzerk and not a devastation or a AAS...

that why i put my hopes on pr.basically because everything has failed to improve more teamwork on PvP maps.

***part***of this comunity(guess not the best part)is acting like those gated communities where everyone new is looked bad and they are suspicious

to the foreign.is like being in a little village of 2000 persons in texas with a middle east accent.

rural people...:rolleyes:

edit:

http://www.forzespeciali-ita.com/

as you can see this is not a pr clan,but of course we are really interested on pr:a2.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I didn't treat the PR team with any disrespect. In fact, I was wholeheartedly for the idea and was very sad to see the events that had played out. Even then, it was a small portion of the community who treated them poorly.

If Arma2 took what PR does and implemented it, that would be PR in the RealVirtuality 3 engine, and no longer Arma2. That will be the job of the PR:Arma2 team. Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of PR for BF2 myself (I have played it and still have it installed, by the way), so I don't want BIS to make Arma2 like it (which I know they won't).

We aren't going to waste any opportunity. Hopefully the PR:Arma2 will be able to inject a boost into the PvP community here, which I would embrace with open arms, being mainly a PvP player myself. We don't look at everyone new as bad, suspicious, etc. It requires certain rareities, like what you're posting, to make some people here do that.

Shouldn't we be getting off the topic of PR?

I didn't treat the PR team with any disrespect. In fact, I was wholeheartedly for the idea and was very sad to see the events that had played out. Even then, it was a small portion of the community who treated them poorly.

i was talking basically to part of the comunity which has treated on a rude way the guy. not to you specifically.

If Arma2 took what PR does and implemented it, that would be PR in the RealVirtuality 3 engine, and no longer Arma2. That will be the job of the PR:Arma2 team. Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of PR for BF2 myself (I have played it and still have it installed, by the way), so I don't want BIS to make Arma2 like it (which I know they won't).

there must be a problem of comprehension,might be my english :rolleyes:

i don't have said to turn arma 2 or the future games of the series into PR.

but they could take the best aspect of that mod.the particular features

of AAS it could be a good example..BIS has implemented the warfare game mode,why they don't implement something like an AAS by making it an official game mode?

It requires certain rareities, like what you're posting, to make some people here do that.

yeah surely,as you can understand by reading again my post, i was so rude,immature and impolite...i've clearly deserve it.

Shouldn't we be getting off the topic of PR?

yeah sorry no more post from me about pr.

mm man, you seem more rational,i'm not a funboy of pr and i can even play something different from berzerk(which is far a mile away to be my fav. map)

but to be honest,and plz tell me(not only you..)if is not truth,i've never saw a good percentage of teamwork in devastation game-mode and aas maps,you should also consider in this time, and it always been in this way from arma to arma 2,is more easy to find a berzerk and not a devastation or a AAS...

that why i put my hopes on pr.basically because everything has failed to improve more teamwork on PvP maps.

I saw good teamwork on AAS, synchronized air support with ground assault, etc... I've seen bad things as well on AAS, mind you ;)

But overall it's better than basic Berzerk usually.

+ teamplay is a lot of elements, not only squad cohesion, and some missions focus on element X instead of Y.

And, no, you won't see them played. In current state of PvP, you should not wait for a mission to appear on a populated server to play it, otherwise you'll be restricted to Berzerk and AAS here and there. Unfortunately the "masses" keep playing known things. To discover new mission, you have to go get them yourselves, try them with friends, and hopefully, random players will join :)

All I can say, is try to test and enlarge your panel of what is possible in A2. A2 PvP is not only Berzerk, it can be far more, and today, you'd need to go seek for it to find it, unfortunately. But doing so, you'll help people actually making these missions, and it is better than letting them building something barely used

Arma 2 is neither about teamwork nor about lone wolfing. Arma 2 (as in the stock game) does not really have any gameplay that comes with it, and thus neither discourages nor encourages teamwork. It's all in the missions, and people keep seeming to not understand this (for example, see people complaining about user-made warfare missions in the suggestions forums or asking "how do I do X" thinking X is a core game element when in fact it's only present in domination or warfare).

You can't really complain about Arma 2 not having teamwork. You can only complain about missions that are running on the populated servers not having teamwork. But you can only really complain about that to the server admins and/or maybe the mission makers, and can't blame it on the game itself. Of course you could also say the game should have came with more (working) content, but the complaints seem to be about the game as it is now not having any teamwork, which is simply not true.

The game has as much teamwork as the players/servers/mission makers are willing to put into it. Unfortunately the end result is most are not willing to put too much in it.

Sometimes the problem with sandbox games is the other kids kicking down your castle.

Arma 2 is neither about teamwork nor about lone wolfing. Arma 2 (as in the stock game) does not really have any gameplay that comes with it, and thus neither discourages nor encourages teamwork. It's all in the missions, and people keep seeming to not understand this

You can't really complain about Arma 2 not having teamwork. You can only complain about missions that are running on the populated servers not having teamwork.

i can complain about the general lack of teamwork on MP because is matter of fact.of course the problem is not the game which is automatically going back to windows if you start to cooperate with people but is a problem of missions...:rolleyes:

this is what i'm talking since the start of this thread basically.

Sometimes the problem with sandbox games is the other kids kicking down your castle.

you can sleep quietly.i don't see hordes of teenagers coming to a2.

fortunately.

LegendK: of course i can find what i want...but not in a decent quantity

Ok... So joining a team is not enough even if there is games every night played? Dont understand why there has to be more than you can chew. Sounds pretty stupid to me, but hey, what do i know. Maybe you just like the "feel" of people playing everywhere and around even though your not there. Cause i fail to see the point if you have a place where people play every night and they are all players that appeal to you. That can be found in this community.

Ok... So joining a team is not enough even if there is games every night played? Dont understand why there has to be more than you can chew.

oh really?are you talking about PvP maps?every night?with teamwork ecc.?

can you plz tell me the name of the server?

aren't you talking about this comunity which is mostly based on coop players?

nothing wrong with it... but we were talking since 3 pages ago about PvP maps and features to force teamwork,like another game does..:rolleyes:

every night?

Sounds pretty stupid to me

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you don't even know how many stupid/obvious considerations i've read right here.but i guess is not the case to tell it.

chill out gentleman plz i was not so rude.

but hey, what do i know. Maybe you just like the "feel" of people playing everywhere and around even though your not there.

i like people when they are trying to interpretate the other's ideas and they extremes it to make them more criticizable,are you studying as a politician?

anyway to give you a response:nope.but i like sometimes also to play with someone new...would you like to play most of the time against 2/3 football team?basically is the same on video-

games...

oh really?are you talking about PvP maps?every night?with teamwork ecc.?

can you plz tell me the name of the server?

You are helped:

www.armacalypse.com

AAS every evening

Hop on TS for the teamwork.

:cheers:

qwertz

Edited by qwertz

You are helped:

www.armacalypse.com

AAS every evening

Hop on TS for the teamwork.

qwertz

is not a closed server right?

i will give it a try.

is not a closed server right?

i will give it a try.

No, it is never closed, 100% public. Just make sure you have the addons - we are playing (besides Chernorus & Utes) on Panthera (with Little Birds addon), Quesh-Kibrul and Namalsk.

You can get the maps at Armaholic.com or - if you are lazy - just download the map pack at www.armacalypse.com. We have compiled an all-in one, hassle-free download. And don't worry, we are not changing the addons around like crazy, once you have the pack, you are good to go for some months.

qwertz

Edited by qwertz

are you studying as a politician?

Not really. But friends say i should. :D

You talk us down over at the PR forums so i don't really feel for helping you with anything. But keep your pants on a while more. PR is coming soon and then all your serious worldy problems will go away (i think not, but lets pretend).

Why is this game not more popular?

Hm... Because of poor, outdated engine and horrible performance? Or maybe developers ignoring their community?

Hmmm I have a well running fairly modern engine with good performance thanks to developers caring and listening of their community.

You sure you run ArmA2?

ODEN;1610396']Hmmm I have a well running fairly modern engine with good performance thanks to developers caring and listening of their community.

You sure you run ArmA2?

All drama aside, the engine could be way more polished. This is a fact. It's only the difference between studios with 150 staff and studios with 30. That said, BIS has done an amazing job with what they have. And certainly no one else is willing to work as hard as they do at it.

ODEN;1610396']Hmmm I have a well running fairly modern engine with good performance thanks to developers caring and listening of their community.

You sure you run ArmA2?

So what are you doing in this thread and why do you post OT? The question is "why is this game not more popular"' date=' not "how well the game runs on your machine".

PS. Modern engine from 2001? ;) (updated, but still the same)

All drama aside, the engine could be way more polished. This is a fact. It's only the difference between studios with 150 staff and studios with 30

Thats it. They were very ambitious, but that was to excessive challenge to small BI team.

Edited by funkee

All my complaints/suggestions aside, Its impressive that BIS has 10KM viewdistance and can maintain so many High LOD models (that other crappy game) cant even have 4 vehicles near each other otherwise one will appear like it was 3000 meters away (blocky low detail LOD). :)

One Day BIS will more modernize the RV engine with that ** Support (64)

and will have better lighting/particle effects, animation physics simulation but I will do for now I just want them to work on performance and rendering, Giving us more options to turn off bushes/other small vegitation, choosing Level of detail for trees, tree draw distance this would help alot with performance.

Anyways this is offtopic aint it.

One way they could make the game more popular is to make a better user interface, the one in Arma 2 does require alot of practise and logic. :D

Make it shinny make it easier to give orders, make it work just right and that would help alot in terms of overall gameplay.

Time and effort, as we have seen over the past ten years, puts polish on. For refreshing their vision on interface, animations, and AI 'life' actions - I would recommend BIS grab a beer or glass of wine, clear their heads, and look at their work through the eyes of richiespeed and Chazz-bmf's top-end videos. I understand they most likely have, but the point is to notice what is NOT shown in the videos. You will not see and hear almost any unscripted (idle) animations or the interface. What you DO see is stunning. I use these as a mark to gauge individual components with. Does the elegance of the interface match that of the environment it controls? Things like that.

Hm... Because of poor, outdated engine and horrible performance? Or maybe developers ignoring their community?

i don't think this is the problem brat.

keep in mind that this engine allow the game to have very large maps..10 km view distance ecc.

problem is how bis works. for example:

when ofp was out it was buggy(this is not the problem many game are bugged) and we had wait

2 years of patches to have a good game.well then arma 1 come out on the market and you know what(plz even the radical funboyz can agree now..)?the game had bugs which they were solved with ofp patches.so it was a step back and not forward.but they have removed this bugs(not immediately)with new updates.then arma 2 come out...:rolleyes::rolleyes: and wow you know what?

the game presented same bugs which they were present in arma 1.

so basically is a joke.sure they removed even now these problems but why every new game of the series they need to go back in the past?

you don't need einstein to understand how many people were pissed off about this situation.they have lost a lot of players just for these bullshit.

i know many italian clans (Tornado squad and dog of war for example) they have stop to play BIS games for these reasons.

for me arma 3 can even be a mainstream game but they should stop with these bullshit.

Engine which is still the ONLY one able to render such a scale in a FPS. Go figure why it is the only one....

People just expect to be able to run all modern games on their current hardware at full settings. Not that they think there's any longevity to the game. Can't blame them given the current style of plug-and-play games, but to say that BIS isn't listening to their community... Go stick your head in the sand. On second thought, since you said that, it probably already is.

PS. Modern engine from 2001? ;) (updated, but still the same)

You know what, i have never heard anyone complain about the outdatedness of the CoD engine, which itself is based on the Quake3 engine which is older then my grandfather.

It doesnt really matter how old the base is as long as you are able to update it ;)