Sign in to follow this  
LockDOwn

Why is this game not more popular?

Yeah I guess. I just mean in terms of how I keep hearing people say how how the game runs bad and needs to run better and that needs to rip all the polygons out of it to have trees that look like Crysis (angular base with nothing to it), but there's always room for actual optimisation improvement.

Arma is rubbish - the developers never played the game. It has huge potential but problems like this just make it a joke. I wasted many hours learning this game, managing the idiotic AI, its a complete waste of time because of these fundamental flaws.

The other problems are the AI refuses to follow simple orders and cannot navigate the map independently in vehicles. Also taking cover does not work properly and lieing in grass is dumb.

These weaknesses make the game a joke.Notice how no-one plays the CTI with AI, people just go solo - shows just how realistic the game is.

Its a shame.

Bye troll. Go back to GRAW 2. Can't believe you like GRAW 2 and complain about ArmA II's AI. :rolleyes:

Posting the same message in two places also won't earn you any friends.

Edited by Zipper5

Trust me I am not a troll. I am an extremely frustrated simulation gamer. I play flight sims, driving sims, and finally this army sim. and it has left me disapointed and frustrated. So I am airing my opinion.

What do you call this? It's hyperbole, superlatives, and ranting. That = trolling. You're not saying anything constructive, you're just writing it off completely. Everyone is free to air their opinion, so long as it's constructive. You're not being constructive.

Trust me I am not a troll. I am an extremely frustrated simulation gamer. I play flight sims, driving sims, and finally this army sim. and it has left me disapointed and frustrated. So I am airing my opinion.

Cool we heard you now go back to your GRAW simulator :wave:

Its true its not a very constructive post, I accept that. I m tired of waiting for a new patch that fixes everything, so maybe I m a bit frustrated.

Also graw 2 is not a simulation. Its just my favourite game before I heard of Arma 2. I m simulation to the bone trust me on that.

Edited by Graw2Pro

Hi,

while I agree with you about the AI you have to admit that it's certainly not easy to program it in a world that uge and dynamic.

But, in the end, I think BIS should stop giving us better graphics and concentrate on the AI. Following orders and navigate the map should be a given.

Cheers

Gotta give the guy some credit, at least he said GRAW and not COD or BF.

Hi,

while I agree with you about the AI you have to admit that it's certainly not easy to program it in a world that uge and dynamic.

But, in the end, I think BIS should stop giving us better graphics and concentrate on the AI. Following orders and navigate the map should be a given.

Cheers

I agree on this. The AI seem to have trouble navigating the map, but mainly in vehicles. Other than that, I still think that BIS should focus on multiplayer beyond all those things, because that is where the game needs to come alive to create a growing fanbase.

TO ALL:

Enough of the "troll" name calling, its childish and you clearly have no understanding of the meaning if you are calling that person a troll. He is simply giving those reasons for not liking that part of the game. The moderators need to crack down on that BS, its no better than calling people noobs or name calling in general.

TO ALL:

Enough of the "troll" name calling, its childish and you clearly have no understanding of the meaning if you are calling that person a troll. He is simply giving those reasons for not liking that part of the game. The moderators need to crack down on that BS, its no better than calling people noobs or name calling in general.

We have infracted him for trolling so I'd say that yes we moderators believe his posts are under the definition of trolling, but either way it's not something that is on topic to this thread discussion.

why is this game not popular anymore? LOL just look this:

Edited by Placebo

User3242, just how many hackers do you see regularly? Because I've only ever seen one in a whole year. Truthfully it was hilarious as he spawned a shit load of units in the server to attack the base in a Domination match. It was awesome as we were trying to fight them off. Eventually it did kill the server though lol.

i saw so many hackers,there so much in arma 2,look my 2 videos

i saw so many hackers,there so much in arma 2,look my 2 videos

LOL i've only noticed one cheater and i have played since the demo!

I looked at the youtube video and saw 1 guy shoot another, is that guy all those cheaters your talking about?

(what was the cheating part in that video anyway?)

take a look at both video,there one on youtube and another one personnal,u will see that there new exploits

take a look at both video,there one on youtube and another one personnal,u will see that there new exploits

I'm not gonna download/install any malware "plugin" that the other link asks for, also i do not care about watching someone cheat.

What your trying to say is that people do not play ArmA 2 because there's cheaters! If thats the case then please lets us know how come games like BF2 & COD are still played because thats where you really find cheaters.

why is this game not popular anymore? LOL just look this:

I removed the video link and told you if you have evidence of cheating to contact us, ignoring a moderator's instruction is not acceptable.

No offence placebo, but when I see personal attacks against people, which if you read the posts you clearly were able to see that he was being personaly attacked, I get annoyed. As for the "trolling", he has not specificaly done it in this thread, so I stand by your decision on not editing his post. But I feel if people are allowed to bash other members because of their username or differering opinion, then it can get out of control, so please watch this thread in the future to make sure that doesn't get out of hand. Harassment is harassment, no matter what side your on.

No offence placebo, but when I see personal attacks against people, which if you read the posts you clearly were able to see that he was being personaly attacked, I get annoyed. As for the "trolling", he has not specificaly done it in this thread, so I stand by your decision on not editing his post. But I feel if people are allowed to bash other members because of their username or differering opinion, then it can get out of control, so please watch this thread in the future to make sure that doesn't get out of hand. Harassment is harassment, no matter what side your on.

And where exactly did he get personally attacked or bashed, please quote :confused:

lol at how upset some of you nerds get when someone says something negative about your precious game. do you realise how monumentally sad you come across ?

lol at how upset some of you nerds get when someone says something negative about your precious game. do you realise how monumentally sad you come across ?

About as sad as flaming anonymous people on the internet? Infraction +1 for flamebaiting, cut it out please.

Thank you sir, but your opinion means nothing to me :)

About as sad as flaming anonymous people on the internet? Infraction +1 for flamebaiting, cut it out please.

wtf is flamebaiting ? im assuming it's some sad internet term that no normal people use.

god i really do hate using the internet sometimes, so many pasty nerds using retarded lingo.

Edited by Moosed

wtf is flamebaiting ? im assuming it's some sad internet term that no normal people use.

god i really do hate using the internet sometimes, so many pasty nerds using retarded lingo.

I can help you there.