Sign in to follow this  
quincy

black buildings in visitor 3

im creating a arma 2 map and i want to use a few arma buildings, any idea why they turn black?

When you Un-PBO'ed all the BIS addon files into a CA directory on your work P drive, did you include all files, not jst the P3D files?

Maybe you are missing the textures and the RVMAT files ?

Gnat;1555457']When you Un-PBO'ed all the BIS addon files into a CA directory on your work P drive' date=' did you include all files, not jst the P3D files?

Maybe you are missing the textures and the RVMAT files ?[/quote']

i figured it out, thank you

Hi,

can you tell us what solved your problem. I got the black buildings as well. I extracted the data folder with all the textures and rvmat files.

Thanks

Jens

Hi,

can you tell us what solved your problem. I got the black buildings as well. I extracted the data folder with all the textures and rvmat files.

Thanks

Jens

put all of the pd3s and textures, in a folder inside ur map so p\ur map\newfolder. put them in there, the go to visitor 3, system preference, path to objects, derect it to ur newfolder, same for path to textures

put all of the pd3s and textures, in a folder inside ur map so p\ur map\newfolder. put them in there, the go to visitor 3, system preference, path to objects, derect it to ur newfolder, same for path to textures

one shouldn't need to do that, but if you want to and it works for you then that's fine.

one shouldn't need to do that, but if you want to and it works for you then that's fine.

Agree.

Sounds like you are missing setting in Visitor3

Gnat;1567558']Agree.

Sounds like you are missing setting in Visitor3

no the black buildings are from arma1 there for U MUST do what i said in order to get them to appear in game

no the black buildings are from arma1 there for U MUST do what i said in order to get them to appear in game

!! ? ArmA1 buildings ?

Then youre compiling the WHOLE ArmA1 addons in with your project? Seems a bloated way to do it.

If its ArmAII then give us some screen shots of your Visitor3 option screens and your (P drive) directory structure and we may be able to crack the issue.

A small question...

i've created the p:\CA and his subfolders by getting files from Arma2 folders (and unpbo'ing them)

Then i've copied all configs to P:\shez\ca (my namespace)

The question is: In project/preferences what folder i must use for "Folder - Objects"?

I'm actually using p:\ca but... i've some doubts...

Well, I've never used this "namespace" idea for any of my vehicle or islands, so take this advice for what it might be worth. (ie I've never had to make a special copy of all the configs)

In Folder - Objects I have nothing at all / blank, hence by default it refers to the CA directory which is located in the root of P drive (like yours)

In Folder - Textures I have like;

gnt_sands\data

Good Gnat.

I've made the trick and it's working. I have had some troubles with tents (my first attempt) due the fact my tents was unable to find textures.

Retried with an hospital, it's worked flawlessy.