Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

Hi L'etranger,

I just answered a post in the video section where I recommended using VTS but then it struck me ...... Is it possible to stop (or slow to a set amount) the action? Kinda like a video recorder's pause button! Now I know it is a MP mission but if the game master is the ONLY player then can the action be frozen?

If you can make this so (and we are good at using mouse and keyboard!) then this will make AWESOME videos!

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you both...... Keep up the good work guys!

-Slow Motion and Accelleration are only in SP mode. You can use the command line tool to set them. But you must run the mission as a single player mission then.

-I'm not sure the revive script is AI comaptible.

Edited by L etranger

norrin has been kind enough to look at his revive built into VTS, so we will see if he can sort it for players with AI.

Thanks for the info on SlowMo - was just an idea. Of course it makes sense to have it only in SP.

Regarding the camera script, could you make it so that it can look up as well please?

Any update on whether we can place UPSMON into the mission (to replace/ enhance the patrol scripts that are already there) ?

Thanks

Kremator

UPSMON (or Zeus AI) would be great.

Another suggestion: Load/Save would be more effective if new unit spawns append their definitions to pasted (loaded) stuff. Atm, there is an internal "command list" (UI commands since mission start) which is not affected by the pasted text, so there is no option to save/continue your editing work inside VTS. You have to merge everything outside (in an editor). And you must save your work frequently, because there is no undo mechanism...

Edited by svenson

Hi l'etranger in the future versione of VTS it's possible to add separate shop for the 3 factions? right now if unlock for example m4 and dmr,russians can buy it form their shop.You can make us really happy if you manage to give us "faction's shop" in order to obtain a dedicated armory. Thx you for the effort you're spending on this beatifull VTS

I'm planning to create a PVP realistic and large scale role play campaign using VTS to interact with players and plot.

Now i'd like to know how much players VTS can handle before nasty behaviours occur.

I know that there are 105 slots but i don't think VTS can manage so many players(maybe errors with shop,JIP,teleport,time and weather...)

I'm planning to create a PVP realistic and large scale role play campaign using VTS to interact with players and plot.

Now i'd like to know how much players VTS can handle before nasty behaviours occur.

I know that there are 105 slots but i don't think VTS can manage so many players(maybe errors with shop,JIP,teleport,time and weather...)

Side Shop is doable, but it would weight the shop interface for DM with a (3 more unlock button, one per side)

As for the VTS max players, it's more up to arma than the vts i think. I fixed a lot of JIP bugs. sometime user name aren't refreshed for GM. Disabling Player Marker Renabling them, fix it

i really like the idea of a side shop,if this is doable without too much work and without bugs or similar i will be very happy to see it implemented in a future version of VTS.

Is it possible L'etranger that VTS can 'remember' init lines or other commandlines that you type in during the game? So that they can be used in later games?

Have a look at the new Advanced Patrol Script that was released a few days ago. I have replaced the original one and I believe that it works more effectively. I will try and post the link to it here later on.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Kremator

PS Is it possible to create a dialog that only players (or maybe group leaders) see that will allow them to select various GM controlled scripts / actions (WITHOUT having to add them via addaction)?

i'm still not able to open the pbo of the mission,i need to change some slots in order to give some pilots to the "resitence" side...i think the mission pbo is encrypted.Can someone confirm this or tell me hot to open and edit this PBO?i've used armanunpbo and armapboview

Use cpbo. Works perfectly for me. It is not encrypted at all. I have a modified Fallujah VTS that is great.

I have noticed that when FILL ROADS causes vehicles to pass through walls.

Use cpbo. Works perfectly for me. It is not encrypted at all. I have a modified Fallujah VTS that is great.

WOW i've mangaged to open the PBO with PBO view,others programs didn't work for me...now my PVP can start...

in the meanwhile we can wait for a new version of VTS

You will probably have to de-associate PBOs from Arma2. Every new patch associates the PBO file types and this association needs to be removed first. Then cpbo works, and works very well. I use nothing but cpbo.

Oh and I have the newest House patrol and IED detection scripts into VTS now :)

first> vts is a great tool for us. everythink works great except the enemy paratrooper script button. after pressing this button a chopper was spawn but he crashing immediately. when i look in the chopper there was no pilot and enemy

and arma says: Script repli_ge1.sqf not found

i use combined operation

sry for my bad english

Is there a chance for an improved Load/Save? Its a nightmare to use it, because one mistake ruins the session (no undo). The worst problem: If you load an (saved) setup, you are not able to continue your work, because pasted text is overwritten by new actions. You have to spend most of the time on merging setups in an editor.

It would be very helpful, if a new action appends text to previously pasted stuff. In addition, there should be a "Clear" button (instead of Refresh, which is useless imo) to restart the work. Both functions would save probably more than 50% of mission development time by reducing the need for merging and/or restarting the mission. And my favourite desire: An super-simple undo. Just delete the last action (text block) in the Load/Save editor. Nothing more. No deletion of the associated object or something like that. Just delete the text and keep this deletion persistant.

Edited by svenson

Move the West respawn marker. The button is at the top of the interface.

Hope that helps.

@L'Etranger and gonza - is there any chance of opening up an EASY way of adding other scripts (that the system will remember!) please guys .... as it would really help. Let me tell you why .... I have integrated Reezos IED stuff into VTS and it is working brilliantly but I have to keep adding specific inits to each IED. Now this is just one example .... if VTS actually remembered previous inits that would be GREAT !

On another note ... regarding the camera, is there any way to make it have MORE functions? (like a mini map in the corner, marking player (+ AI) positions on keypress etc)

This is my FAVOURITE mission and it is SO flexible .... I just want it to be THE ULTIMATE mission maker :)

is there any chance of opening up an EASY way of adding other scripts (that the system will remember!)

Yup, some kind of (extensible) array ([displaytext, script_command]) in a script would be nice. Atm, the init-combobox is hard-coded.

Yup, some kind of (extensible) array ([displaytext, script_command]) in a script would be nice. Atm, the init-combobox is hard-coded.

Perfect ! That's the one.

it's possible to spawn units over the carrier with the new vts? i remember in old vts versions mission usually starting by the carrier,is it possible also now? what i have to do to make units spawn on the deck?

Right now i'm unable to move the respawn tent over the deck(it spawns in water and i can't move it with function 3d displacement)

i've tried many ways,but the tend spawn underwater and if i move the mobile spawn with 3d interaction button over the deck,players spawn in the air and then they fall and die....I need help to make a mission where bluforce spawn on the deck and can use LHD as spawn point with another mobile hq...please help me

Uhh ! I love my favorite Toy!

BUT is it possible to add Game-Logic's like the "NIM Dynamic Weather" or "Thirsk Weather" to have some snow falling down while VST-Playing?

I just want to add snowfall in my missions.

How can I do that?

..mmh ya thats what I thought. But how do I get rid of the registry mark to decrypt a VST-Mission first - in order to get in touch with the mission.sqm via cpbo?

EDIT:

pboView did it.

Edited by Pantheraguy