Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

VTS 3.5 Beta 8 out

- added Bis module commander (really useful and easy)

- fix 3d placement when not on dedicated server

- music listen on the GM before broadcast

Create a unit and press "CTRL+space" to active the Bis Module commander barre

MC1.jpg

MC2.jpg

Island supported :

-Chernarus

-Panthera

-Isla Duala

-Queshkibrul

-Podagorsk

-Utes

-JadeGroove

VTS_3.5_beta8

Edited by gonza

Could AI be appointed as the Game Master instead of having to be a real people. In the Evolution or Domination missions, AI causually assign players some targets, but they are bored, cause we just laboriously attack one city after another city. VTS is much better, there are too much uncertainty, missions could be any types, but we need a good game master or say a "director". So I'm always expecting an ultimate mission which just like the VTS, we donn't have to edit a mission to paly, computer act as the game master, randomly assign players any type of missions(maybe 30 types or more). Maybe someone would say the Secops Module could do this, yes, it is, but too simple, just one waypoint to another one, there is no variable on the way to the mission target............

Hi Lao Fei Mao,

That does sound good, but probably outside the scope of VTS. I like the GM abilities of VTS and with this new version even more possibilities are achieveable !

@Lao Fei Mao

VTS is a send-box

the interest of the mission depend totally to the Game Master quality, experience and creativity

this mission is not designed for public server but for friends or clan over teamspeak or mumble

the goal is to have short cuts and tools to let explain the (twisted) mind of the GM in real time

I m satisfied of the result, L'etranger have made an excellent work

the only thing that I'm not really satisfied is the combo interface reactivity and the 3D placement who can be improved

the mission that you are talking about already exist (Cipher,Domination)

(I playing a lot of time on Domination2 and I like this mission ;-) but VTS is different and I thing complementary.

Edited by gonza

(I playing a lot of time on Domination2 and I like this mission ;-) but it different VTS is different and I thing complementary.

And I have played quite a lot VTS lately :)

Nice work.

Xeno

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

3-animation.png

Virtual TrainingSpace 3.5 - ACE Co-105 (@) Beta8.0

required_addons.png

Everon (not in this version)

FDF Podagorsk

Isla Duala

Island Panthera

Japahto (not in this version)

Quesh-kibrul

Celle (not in this version)

Namalsk (not in this version)

Jade Groove

The mission is ACE2 compatible

Edited by Lonestar
Fix required addons

Thanks

Edited by gonza

It would be great if CAA1 is supported,

VTS hexagon file updated

img-18241994x7j.jpg

take the new hexagon 1.2 mod

unpack the mission and

replace the vtsmission_folder\mods\config\factions\addons\hexagone.sqf

by this one

hexagone.sqf

yes , just use the join button (click on join, click on a ia , click on the player)

Is it possible to change the unit of the GM? That would mean the GM could join the action. :) Also do you plan on making more example scripts like the LGB and the nuke? A mortar explosion perhaps?

to change GM unit, you can go to the tent on the carrier

or you can edit the mission and change the joueur1 (GM) unit type

It would be great if CAA1 is supported,

I have ported the mission over to most CAA1 maps and would be happy to share the files if you have trouble doing it yourself.

PM me if you would like.

to change GM unit, you can go to the tent on the carrier

or you can edit the mission and change the joueur1 (GM) unit type

Have you tested the first option? It's my understanding using Beta7 that, if running ACE, when the GM (or any player for that matter) changes his unit type in the tent he loses all ACE functionality associated with changing the ACE clientside userconfig file "Player Name" to your player's in-game profile name, ie. the use of earplugs, sunglasses, goggles, etc.

I can confirm, however, that the second option of simply opening the file in the mission editor and changing the GM unit type to whatever you want does work. I have done exactly that and play alongside the other players while creating the mission on the fly... not as exciting or surprising when you know where all the enemies are, but once you set everything up and things start moving the dynamic beauty of Arma shines through, creating something even the GM can be surprised by at times!

On a somewhat related note, I want to say the same loss of functionality in ACE when switching the GM unit type in-game will also happen with the BIS High Command Module. I have noticed you lose the ability to utilize HC after using the "Take Control" command to control a different unit then switch back to the GM, but I have not tested the tent on the carrier as the GM (or any player for that matter due to the loss of the ACE functionality) to see if the loss of HC occurs there as well.

Has there been any investigation into what causes the loss of functionality in regards to ACE and the BISHCM when changing the GM's unit type in-game or utilizing "Take Control"?

Edited by Terror Wolf

thanks for this report

I will try it and fix it

thanks for this report

I will try it and fix it

My pleasure! :thumb:

You might want to touch base with L etranger, gonza. I want to say he was already aware of the loss of ACE functionality related to the tent on the carrier, but I doubt he knows about the loss of HC since I haven't noticed anyone else posting on the issue.

Takecontrol / HC problem fixed

just change vts_mission\Computer\rscComputer.hpp by this file

rscComputer.hpp

I confirm that you loose HC when change class in tent

arma not made for the live changing class

Edited by gonza

Bug report

Isla Duala version (might apply to other islands as well)

• "Destroy terrain" command doesn't work
  • Marker put by GM invisible to other players (not related to the canal chat selection)
  • Impossible to delete objective marker
  • GM player starts with binoculars in hands (hosted game only)
  • At mission start the message "9999 lives remaining" shows in the top right corner
  • Impossible to place an object on the LHD (e.g.: ammobox), it disappears into the ground
  • After class change, GM player respawns with a clone player (default class) near him
  • HEXAgon (the mod) writes without "e"

Questions :

1. How to place a vehicle without driver on the map? (get back a stolen vehicle kind of objective)
  2. How to delete only one unit and not all the units in a given radius?
  3. What should i do to have the HEXA class by default upon start up? (with the corresponding ammoboxes on LHD)

Thank you for your work, the mission has great potential.

May I suggest you widen the GM menu?

Edited by Lonestar

thanks for bug report

• "Destroy terrain" command doesn't work
    I will try it (made by l'etranger, I thing that it destroy buildings)
  • Marker put by GM invisible to other players (not related to the canal chat selection)
    I have no that problems,will try to re-product it (in arma if somone put a marker only player connected will see the marker if an other player connect after that he will not see the marker

• Impossible to delete objective marker
    I know that it's a server marker (to prevent that a player delete it)
  • GM player starts with binoculars in hands (hosted game only)
    I will try it
  • At mission start the message "9999 lives remaining" shows in the top right corner
    it is not a bug , it is a feature (GM have always the maximum respawn)
  • Impossible to place an object on the LHD (e.g.: ammobox), it disappears into the ground
    I will try to fix it but for now, you can use the 3D placement (3D button)
  • After class change, GM player respawns with a clone player (default class) near him
    class change add a lot problems (arma is not made for that)
    so I let it like that
  • HEXAgon (the mod) writes without "e"
    I will modify it (sorry :))

Questions :

1. How to place a vehicle without driver on the map? (get back a stolen vehicle kind of objective)
    really easy just use the empty type in the combo
  2. How to delete only one unit and not all the units in a given radius?
    put the radius to 25 M
  3. What should i do to have the HEXA class by default upon start up? (with the corresponding ammoboxes on LHD)
    edit the mission and change the players class in the editor
    vts detect work in vanilla version, Ace 2 , hexagon, undead
    so I can't change the player class

May I suggest you widen the GM menu?

Yes, I know that but it's a big work and I have not a lot of time (Father inside)

Edited by gonza

Great mission, it has a lot of potential! I've been try to get a helicopter to land without the pilots getting out as soon as it lands (other than evac helicopter). I've been using the 'get out' command and locking the heli with "unit lock true" so the pilots didn't get out, but as soon as it lands they can get out anyway. Is there a way from stopping the pilots from getting out after they land?

Thanks

I have played to VTS on OA yesterday with some friends on the takistan map (great map) ;-)

it work well with the arma2 units, but I have to add all the new OA units

and check if OA is present or arma2 is present like VTS do for addons

Edited by gonza