Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

i will look at that , don't forget that you must put double cotes and not simple cotes

Will retry with double quotes but I'm sure I have been doing that ..... let's see !

Thanks for getting back to me really quickly.

have you tried a really simple command ?

like "this setfuel 0;"

Just tried what you suggested gonza and it does NOT work.

There must be a problem.

EDIT for information: I'm running Beta 7 with ACE2 and CBA.

Edited by Kremator

I've been told I should post this here rather than make a new thread.

I guess I am just a little to dense to get this working myself... has anyone managed to get Thirsk setup to work with VTS 3.5. I am doing something wrong. It's not working. Rather than throw a fit and give up, I am asking for help or a handout if anyone has already made the port. Thanks in advance.

Have you opened up the mission to see what it needs leo ?

It shouldn't be too difficult. I haven't tried Thirsk yet so I haven't made one - but the experts are gonza and L'etranger.

I did try... and failed, which is what brought me back here (which is where I started because the instructions for porting are in the 1st post). Used PBOView0.8 to do the surgery but to no avail. I guess I'll try again and be really particular about what I am doing but I was Oh'fer on all my other attempts and thought I was doing it all correctly.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Well... I have something functional. I remembered that markers are hidden and now I can find them so all is moved where I want it to be. I start the mission, it says I am unconcious and waiting to be revived, just hit space and I am on the beach so that is nothing that will stop the show from going on (just a small annoyance).

There are two messages that I would like to get rid of. The first is a message about a teamspeak plugin. My friends and I use teamspeak externally so there is no need to have TS managed by the game. Advice on how to nix that appreciated. I believe that this will get rid of the...

SHORT RANGE RADIO

START/FINISH BROADCAST SHORT RANGE

WHISPER/TALK/YELL

... menu items.

There is one more that I have not seen for a bit so maybe I have fixed it. Will report back if it returns.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

And yes, I understand that those messages are part of @tgmaps... which means I should be asking that question in another forum... sigh.

Edited by lawndartleo

I've now tried every combination of simple text in the init field (and commandline) as GM as requested but it still isnt working gonza. Any idea why ?

Also as GM if I get killed, how can I re-enable player addAction commands from within VTS ? At the moment when I die they are removed.

yeah actually I have a working Thirsk version of the latest beta7.. well.. I could call it beta7.1 since it also has configs for the Afrenian Army and cars plus Molatian Army from Isla Duala... I actually could make a full set of this beta7.1 and post it here soon..

Edit: okay so I lied a bit and couldnt be arsed to do the whole set but you can find a few of the "beta 7.1" versions from http://koti.mbnet.fi/sekra/vts

Like mentioned, these will look through your configs and if you have afrenian army and cars and molatian army enabled it will add those units to your VTS units list. And the Thirsk versions too.

And for further reference this is how you import the mission to a new island:

1. Get Kegetys' armatools pack

2. use the pbo extractor to extract a current VTS pbo

3. copy that extracted pbo to your missions folder under your arma2 profile folder (documents/arma 2 (other profiles/username/)missions

4. start arma2 and open up the editor in the new island with an empty mission

5. press "merge" and select the island you chose in step 2 and load up the "old" VTS mission

6. change the gamemaster unit into "player" and all other units that are named joueurXXX as playable

7. copy all the files and folders etc from the old VTS folder to the new one EXCEPT mission.sqm. if you copy this one after you do save or preview or anything chances are that you will crash to desktop without error and will lose all work so far!

8. test

9. save to multiplayer missions

10. upload to your server

11. play

My guess is that Leo tried to just copy the units, triggers, markers and other stuff that is visible in the editor but didnt realise that 99% of VTS is external scripts and other files.

Edited by Sekra

hexagon file update for VTS 3.5 Beta7

mirage.jpg

hexagone.sqf

just put it in

vts mission folder\mods\config\factions\addons\hexagone.sqf

Thanks gonza. Any ideas on why init line isn't working for me ? Would be WONDERFUL if I could get it to work properly.

no, I will look what happen

@LawndartLeo

AFAIK

Those radio message errors are caused by having the arma2TS addon active ingame and the TS plugin NOT active in TS plugins folder. Suggest turn off addon arma2TS in Arma2 startup (or remove if you don't ever use it)

Info As I understand if Ts runnng pre arma startup AND arma2TS plugin active (ie Ticked) in TS then it will look for plugin being active in arma when Arma starts up. Ie It goes looking for its counterpart in arma to start active link between TS and arma.. Turn off both ends TS plugin and Arma2ts plugin at arma start and no more message problems.

HTH

Gen

It was nixed by removing the TS folder from the @tgmaps addon directory. Even TG is dumping TS, I guess. Thanks for the insight, anyways.

If it can interest someone, i adapted the VTS for the last version of ace (with the new IA voice and heal module) and the last version of hexagon (french army) on Isla Duala: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=304GPD9I

Be careful with change class thing in the tent, there are bugs with gazmask/glass/etc from ace and the TS3 addon.

I will do the same for the new island Helmand Valley soon.

Edit: the version for Helmand Valley: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VCPKHOGN

Edited by slayertom

Nice work tom .... downloading now. I just LOVE using this framework for missions :)

hEY ALL. lOVE THIS vts. I usually play alone and just mess around unfortunatey cuz noone ever plays this on servers I see. It would be amazing if you all either created a single player version with no differences OR the ability to save your work and mission to play later. In essnce this is a GREAT (the best) mission editing tool out there. Save convert to a mission SQM, add more scripts and your set. Is this possible?

One time I have checked the savegame and it work

but the revive script have some problem with it

have you try with the mission option on standard respawn ? it disabled revive script

Ps: I m working on the beta 8

- added module commander (really useful and easy)

- fix 3d placement when not on dedicated server

- music listen on the GM before broadcast

When i play this mission on my dedicated server, i and my gf joins the lobby so far no problem, but when we press ok we only get wait for host ,nothing more and we wait and wait and wait ...

and the server is not hanging, but is says "reading mission"

and we have ace latest version .

Any thoughts ?

and then we leave the server to rejoin,it cant anymore to join

"wait for host"

@Sneaker-78-

the mission work when you start it from your PC (not on dedi)

ace is up to date on dedi server ?

we and some other teams play with the beta 7 every weeks without any problem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wip

you can selecte any groups (on map, in 3D or with a shortcut) it work for Opfor and Bluefor

you can add multiple way-points and modify them

MC1.jpg

MC2.jpg

yes !! :)

addon version of it ? VTS is just a mission

it work on arma2 vanilla and detect some mod to add some features and units if mod detected (ACE2,HEXAGON,UNDEAD)

how could I do to add it in six updater ?

Edited by gonza