Sign in to follow this  
Solarghost

[Co25]USARMY Rangers In Iraqi - Operation Red Blood v1.0

Mission name: 75th Rangers In Iraqi - Operation Red Blood v2.0

a4r2np.jpg

Map: Quesh Kibrul

Objectives: HQ has finished gathering intel, current mission: To download this and play it with friends (All objectives set, briefing updated)

Mission:

- Fort Benning's 75th Rangers have been tasked with securing a Blackhawk's crash site, while doing recon over the city they were shot down by an RPG. HQ has requested the 75th rangers go in and secure the Blackhawk's wreck and destroy it.

- You will also be tasked with securing the city from insurgents, our UAV has confirmed sightings of infantry over the roof tops that are armed with AA and RPGs, along with infantry and technicals patrolling the city and outer city limits.

- HQ also have advised that there are multiple AA emplacements in the AO and one has already been spotted by one of our UAVs.

* This will need to be destroyed so that you can get choppers in there to get snipers on the ground and on the roof tops to provide support for the ground teams.

- The only means of assault is to go through Hells Highway in to the city, this area is extremely hostile, base camp has provided you with Humvees, 1 Bradley, and a Tank.

- You have artillery support if needed to provide accurate fire support for ground infantry to move in, and an apache has also been assigned to your team as well due to multiple tanks and enemy aircraft being spotted in the AO.

- Inside information has been gathered and confirms that there are multiple weapons cashes in the area as well as insurgents holding up an arms factory. The area will need to be cleared out and those weapons cashes will need to be destroyed.

- After these objectives are done there will be a boat waiting for you on the out skirts of the main land at the docks to get you back to base safely. You need to get to this location to escape.

Group assignment:

4 fire teams named: Hitman 1, 2, 3, 4

And 2 sniper teams consisting of 2 men in each one.

Features:

AI/RADIO CHATTER

ACE Medic system

Respawns

Map Tools

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Map_Tools

Usage

* Press H to place the ruler. Shift and click to drag the ruler around the compass. Press J at a point off from the center of the compass to align the compass on that heading (to read direction between two points).

* Hold [ and drag while holding left mouse button to start drawing. Hold [ and click once to draw an origin point. Press ] to draw a straight line from origin to that point or hold ] and drag while holding left mouse button until you are satisfied with the line.

* Click to select a line and press \ to erase it.

* To copy a map move to anyone who has the Map Tools and move within 1.5 meters of them. An action to copy their map will appear in your action menu. Stay within 1.5 meters of them while the map copies. This may take some time, a progress hint will appear in the upper right hand part of the screen showing how many lines you have copied.

The new [R3F] Artillery and Logistic : Manual artillery and advanced logistics

- Choppers can lift most vehicles & objects

- Artillery system is implemented using laptop. Send co ordinates to your team mates for fire missions, when they get in the arty they will have to match up the co ordinates received.

- Tow feature so you can attach Artillery guns.

- Loading system, you can load ammo crates, bikes, sand bag walls, objects etc in to trucks / cars depending on size etc

FFAA Terrorists

I'm bored of russians

- Afghan militants

- Hamas

Touch / Bump into other players script

- If you bump in to another player their screen will move (to make it feel more realistic)

ACE + ACEX

- Patrol scripts

Units:

- Bink's MARSOC UNITS (BEST LOOKING UNITS YET IMO) I know Marsoc is Marines, but they have similar gear to the rangers, and any other unit out there doesn't cut it at the moment

Gear:

- Special forces Humvees which have 3 MGs and passenger slots

- Bradley

- Tank

- Apache

- Mountain bikes

- Trucks

- All Ace Weapons and gadgets including wire cutters C4 etc

- Artillery guns / Lap top firing interface

And much much more!!!

Added:

The new 'Map Tools'

Armaholic mirror for Mission:

- 75th Rangers In Iraqi - Operation Red Blood Co-25 (@) v2.0

New Required addon

- MARSOC

Armed Assault Link:

- MARSOC

Required addons:

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core beta

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras beta

- Community Base addons

- FFAA terrorists

- Quesh-Kibrul (MAP/ISLAND)

Edited by Solarghost

Objectives are set and Briefing is now done.

I'm just having issues with CBA loading.

After I choose my soldier I get stuck at the CB loading screen

Bleh... Well once that is fixed i'll be uploading the mission. :rolleyes:

Ok issues fixed,

Mission has now completed it's testing and is now released.

Built from the ground up, you should have endless fun with this mission!!!

Let me know what you think,

Kind regards,

Solarghost

2 questions:

1. have a mirror download site? I can't access the download and I believe some others can't too.

2. can it be played SP with AI team mates or strictly COOP?

Throw in the delta force and the humvees and we get black hawk down! hahahah!

Oh flip, yes when I get home I will update it so that the link works, I will enable AI as well so you can have a team and play it in single player just for you :)

And yea, blackhawk down hah. =P

I even added a hanger at the US base camp lol...

Expect an update when I get home it's currently 3:28pm here in NZ, I should be home around 9pm

:)

I'm lookin forward to tryin this out in single player :)

I'm 90% of the way to releasing my own SP mission on this map, so I'm really curious to see what others have don with it :)

I have just updated the mission briefing on the first page as well as the group assignment.

I mean this is version 1.0

So along the way I will be releasing new versions with new features and possible changes etc.

But for now this should hopefully provide a bit of fun for you, I'm addicted to playing it and I'm the one who made it lol... I'v played the mission like 50 times already and the AI are always flanking or doing something random...

I had an insurgent run up to me and then try and shoot me, I was like wtf?

I also had 5 guys peaking around corners supressing me, and then 2 other guys flank and come around the corner and shoot my humvee with RPGS haha.... it was insane...

Due to the way the mission is set up, I believe you will only have control over one fire team once I make it single player compatible.

It's only one line of code I have to change which is fine.

Then get that download link working as well.

Got any ideas of where I should host it so people can download it without a million banners or pop ups?

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Eagerly awaiting. :)

I'm not going to the gym now, so I should be able to update this when I get home which will be in a couple of hours. :D

Due to the way the mission is set up, I believe you will only have control over one fire team

Does that mean we will have control over 1 fire team within an AI squad or is it just one fire team against the world? :)

Does that mean we will have control over 1 fire team within an AI squad or is it just one fire team against the world? :)

Unfortunately it will be just you and your squad / other members in your fire team against the world :p

Unless you find out how to control the other AI in game if you activate them.

Well once in game you can test it anyway, I don't really like using AI so I always turn them off that's all. lol

Can't you use high command? Set the player as commander? And set those that you want, specifically, as subordinates?

I have no idea how to do that I haven't been scripting for that long lol.....

Its ok, let me, the most picky SP mission/campaign player in this community, test drive the quality of your first public release. :)

By the way, you can upload to filefront . A lot better than mediafire.

Drop the High Command - Commander module, sync to player. That puts player in charge of all Bluefor. To set a certain set of groups to be under their command, and not the entire team, you put a High Command - Subordinate module, and sink those groups to it. You only have to sync the leader of each.

To make sure the player is listed as the first group on the HC panel, make sure the player is ranked higher than any of the others.

You might need to sync or group the two modules together. Not sure.

HC is of course activated via Shift + Space.

Good luck!

Gonna go update it now, just finished getting the latest Ace...

should I include the Crew damage system?

should I include the Crew damage system?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest armor and crew damage system ROCKS!

Drop the High Command - Commander module, sync to player. That puts player in charge of all Bluefor. To set a certain set of groups to be under their command, and not the entire team, you put a High Command - Subordinate module, and sink those groups to it. You only have to sync the leader of each.

To make sure the player is listed as the first group on the HC panel, make sure the player is ranked higher than any of the others.

Good luck!

Ok mate, I will try it out for ya

I'll go do it now, just finished dinner lol

Looks like you are getting more support for your mission from the SP community than the MP community...hehehe... just make it an SP mission...hahaaha

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest armor and crew damage system ROCKS!

mmmkkaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I'll Add the Item Map tools in the ammo crate as well

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Map_Tools

:)

Not yet, give me like 10 mins and it will be <333

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Good luck!

I did this but it does not work, hmmmmm to Acticate High Command while playing in game do you press shift + space bar?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Well it looks like I can not get High command to work so.... you will just have to use your squad.

This mission was not made for single player sorry... :(

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Wont be much longer.

With this new Ace update I'm noticing alot of errors now, so I am busy fixing them all.

Also the USP ammo does not work since they updated... sooo no USP ammo unfortunately till they fix it or give the correct ammo class.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Ok I have fixed a bunch of shit now...

2 of the objectives were coming up as done already.

Fixed...

Ammo errors...

Fixed

Music error no longer comes up

Error about the US ARMY blackhawk saying wrong class name, iv fixed it.

NEW VERSION 1.1

http://www.filefront.com/15428349/%5Bco24%5D75th_Rangers_In_Iraqi.queshkibrul.pbo

Edit: Didnt read all last post, no SP then. :(

Edited by thales100