Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

read this if you want to be Commander in Warfare

Having played with the OP, I agree with what he had to say.

It is a shame, though, that the pinnacle of Warfare was in Arma 2 @ ACE 2 on Chernarus, Duala, Kibrul islands; today, you see people connecting to A2+OA versions with Op Arrowhead only.

Takistan is a poor map: base detection takes 3-4 min once AF is placed. Subsequent chase of enemy HQ and new base scouting ~ another 30s-2min.

Not exactly true if the commander is smart. A trick I do is set up a base in the mountains somewhere. build a bunch of AA/AT around it on top of the mountains covering the avenues of approach. Then set up spotters to pick up enemy targets for the AA/AT. usually the enemy wont even have a clue as to what happened. also make sure all your units are set up to watch a specific direction.

Not exactly true if the commander is smart. A trick I do is set up a base in the mountains somewhere. build a bunch of AA/AT around it on top of the mountains covering the avenues of approach. Then set up spotters to pick up enemy targets for the AA/AT. usually the enemy wont even have a clue as to what happened. also make sure all your units are set up to watch a specific direction.

That would definitely work. Against AI.

Who are you trying to fool, yourself? :(

It is a shame, though, that the pinnacle of Warfare was in Arma 2 @ ACE 2 on Chernarus, Duala, Kibrul islands; today, you see people connecting to A2+OA versions with Op Arrowhead only.

Takistan is a poor map: base detection takes 3-4 min once AF is placed.

Duala s even worse for base hunting than Takistan is!

And what's wrong with not playing ACE 2 hey? You seem to spam the message that anyone not playing ACE 2 is some how unworthy of even playing Arma 2 at all? Get it through your head that not all of us like or want to play with ACE.

Base detection doesn't take 3-4 minutes if you have half a brain when hiding bases. In Takistan there are a lot of villages that aren't marked on the map, it's very easy to hide bases in those.

They only get found when dumb noobs build 30 MLRS and stick them beside the base.

Base detection doesn't take 3-4 minutes if you have half a brain when hiding bases. In Takistan there are a lot of villages that aren't marked on the map, it's very easy to hide bases in those.

They only get found when dumb noobs build 30 MLRS and stick them beside the base.

The same can be said for Duala, there's plenty of villages there too but in the end all it takes is a repair truck and driving to the mountain peaks, wait til a vehicle drives around and then follow the bread crumbs back from there.

I've killed HQ's from 4km away using a repair truck and a Metis.

In fact its exacly that...bases nowadasy are always foudn by sensor contacts of the Trucks and Grads someone herds at base and thinks he is clever. I see this in nearly every mission since quite a time. Sometimes the clever guy is the commander himself.

I also noticed that a HQ with just a Barracks neaby WITHOUT any air defense rarely gets found. Its the HF and LF and AF that marks the base position.

im trying to play the single player version i got off of armaholic, but this is a much older version, where can i get the latest verision with the "options" button?

Every single AA pod, M2 tripod is a contact on the radar. More than 3 grey contacts on radar = base and/or AA/AT/M119/D30/ETC depot.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

And what's wrong with not playing ACE 2 hey? You seem to spam the message that anyone not playing ACE 2 is some how unworthy of even playing Arma 2 at all? Get it through your head that not all of us like or want to play with ACE.

I'm still wondering how you liked your AH-1Zs cooked, double whammy, or a single shot, with me switching to driver seat and turning off the engine, while you fall to your death. :confused:

Reference to Tunguska.

Every single AA pod, M2 tripod is a contact on the radar. More than 3 grey contacts on radar = base and/or AA/AT/M119/D30/ETC depot.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

I'm still wondering how you liked your AH-1Zs cooked, double whammy, or a single shot, with me switching to driver seat and turning off the engine, while you fall to your death. :confused:

Reference to Tunguska.

Players on the GoN server have learnt how to slightly counter those radar hunters by building random groupings of objects that show up on the radar and then putting a few defences around it. Doesn't help too much but every minute counts.

As for the Tunguska, given that I primarily play as Opfor I don't mind at all :P

However with the inclusion of countermeasures in OA the Tunguska has gone from a murdering machine to soft puppy now.

I just love how players that suck blame the commander... usually me, and they never did anything productive... like take a city. LOVELY!

The thing that always gets annoying is when people are arguing over the commanders spot (at beginning of the game) and they tie. AI gets commander and you can guess what it does almost instantly...