Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

How exactly is the supposed to be set up to get the AI to fire? Using the Artillery Computer and selecting the proper AI m119 doesn't seem to work. I go through the computer steps but when I finally order them to fire I get a message that says

BLUFOR: <AI Name>"I can't reload my artillery piece. I need an artillery command quarter."

What exactly is an artillery command corner?

The command quarter has to be within 100 ft of the battery to be able to reload. So when you place an AI battery you need the sat phone there as well.

madbull any advice on the ace issue?

edit

Good news. Looks like the latest ACE may have fixed our problem. Will check further.

Edited by gunterlund21

madbull any advice on the ace issue?

edit

Good news. Looks like the latest ACE may have fixed our problem. Will check further.

Is this confirmed?

The correct answer is 'yes'. :D

Hi,

first of all congrats to a very nice and well thought out addon!

One question, is it possible to implement a Cargodrop option like in this mod?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10835

What would also be nice, is the ability of certain vehicles to tow other vehicles, for instance for a truck to tow a HUMVEE with damaged tires.

Cheers

Crusader

@gunterlund21 :

Yes, you need the latest ACE to work with the arty & log. All is not perfect between ACE & arty-log but it'll be enhanced in a future version.

@stone7187 :

You missed something in your "description.ext" file. Check the installation guide.

@Bigpickle :

Not sure about what will be the WP effect. I need to study the effect of this type of ammo and to decide what is the best implementation in ArmA.

@TheCrusader :

The link you sent is a script system made to work with the arty & log system. So the answer is 'yes'. Read the sxp2high's documentation.

BTW... in a future version of the arty & log, the drop feature will be implemented.

@TheCrusader :

I missed your second question about towing vehicles.

The arty & log is able to do that. But the default configuration doesn't allow it.

Check the file "R3F_LOG\config.sqf" :

/**
* List of class names of towables objects.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables =
[
   // e.g. : "MyTowableObjectClassName1", "MyTowableObjectClassName2"
];

You can add here "HMMWV_Base" or "Car" or generic class names like that.

Madbull

Did more testing. This system is still not working with ACE. You can go through the arty computer, select your position, your target, select 81mm ammo for 6000m range hit compute, and send to gunner fine. When you get into the mortar there is no ammo. Your computer defaults to 500m ch1 ammo. You select 6000m ammo from your action menu (which is in red) and it changes the computer but it does not give it ammo. Im right next to the sat phone so I close enough to get ammo. Do we need to change the ammo type? It works fine without ACE.

Edited by gunterlund21

Madbull

Did more testing. This system is still not working with ACE. You can go through the arty computer, select your position, your target, select 81mm ammo for 6000m range hit compute, and send to gunner fine. When you get into the mortar there is no ammo. Your computer defaults to 500m ch1 ammo. You select 6000m ammo from your action menu (which is in red) and it changes the computer but it does not give it ammo. Im right next to the sat phone so I close enough to get ammo. Do we need to change the ammo type? It works fine without ACE.

I've been able to use this with ACE2 but I've never tried the 6000m ammo. I've tried the other 81mm ammo though and it worked. I'm using a battery near a sat phone and calling them shots remotely via the add action command to use the computer.

I didn't do much tweaking to maddog's example mission except I disable the logistic part in this instance. I'll try the 6000m shells.

EDIT:

Hmmm.... I tried the mortars and they didn't fire. The M119s fired just fine. Something maybe needed to be done on our end. Not sure though.

Edited by Manzilla

I've been able to use this with ACE2 but I've never tried the 6000m ammo. I've tried the other 81mm ammo though and it worked. I'm using a battery near a sat phone and calling them shots remotely via the add action command to use the computer.

I didn't do much tweaking to maddog's example mission except I disable the logistic part in this instance. I'll try the 6000m shells.

I'll

manzilla when you pull it up do you get ammo in the top right corner of the screen. My ammo count shows 0.

manzilla when you pull it up do you get ammo in the top right corner of the screen. My ammo count shows 0.

I don't see any round coat but I can enter my own. I select the proper mortars do the fire set up and they fire(at least the white chat says reloading... and firing...) but the shells never hit.

I don't see any round coat but I can enter my own. I select the proper mortars do the fire set up and they fire(at least the white chat says reloading... and firing...) but the shells never hit.

If your in the gunner position of a mortar, in the top right corner it should show the ammo type your using and the qty of ammo you have available. My qty shows 0.

For whatever reason the default Artillery Computer for the Stryker MC doesn't come up when using the latest ACE update and R3f. It works without using R3f so did it turn it off somewhere??

If your in the gunner position of a mortar, in the top right corner it should show the ammo type your using and the qty of ammo you have available. My qty shows 0.

Ahhhh. I was using the AI to fire the mortar. It's probably something to do with the shells. I wonder if they need to be added.

Ahhhh. I was using the AI to fire the mortar. It's probably something to do with the shells. I wonder if they need to be added.

my thinking as well. unfortunately everything is in French so it makes it hard to figure out what is going on. Madbull is there a section to add shell types? Your system must not be seeing the ACE Shells.

my thinking as well. unfortunately everything is in French so it makes it hard to figure out what is going on. Madbull is there a section to add shell types? Your system must not be seeing the ACE Shells.

From today's ACE2 update:

Some default Arty magazines not working. fixes #13908,#14001 [sickboy]

I haven't tried it but I wonder if this will fix the issue.

EDIT:

I just tried it with today's ACE2 update and the mortars work for me now. They are fired and hit when I order the AI to do so. Excellent!

Edited by Manzilla

Now for the Stryker MC fix, cause it's disabling the BIS Artillery Computer system for it, even though R3f isn't supporting it.

To all about the ACE mod :

The ACE was/is being updated dur to the OA 1.54 and its new arty system.

At the moment, the R3F arty & log/ACE compatibility is not fully guaranted because the ACE is updating. But it should fully work in the next arty & log release.

@=7Cav=S2 :

I wasn't aware that a ArmA's Stryker MC is able to fire with his mortar. Before 1.54 without ACE, it was a fake mortar.

I will check if the OA 1.54 or the latest ACE version provides a mortar in the Stryker MC and will add the R3F arty abilities.

EDIT : Holy crap, the mortar of the Stryker MC can now be used in OA. That's really nice ! It'll be added in the arty & log in the next version.

Edited by madbull

awesome madbull, any sort of ETA on the next version, or is there somewhere were I can quick fix the stryker to allow the BIS artillery computer reenabled? We have an upcoming operation for our unit and kinda need it ;)

any sort of ETA on the next version

I hope to have enough time to release something tomorrow evening.

BIS artillery computer reenabled

We don't want the BIS arty "computer". We want the R3F one.

quick fix the stryker

Add the "M1129_MC_EP1" in the R3F_ARTY_CFG_pieces_artillerie and R3F_ARTY_CFG_calculateur_interne config variables.

Add "24Rnd_120mmHE_M120_02" in the R3F_ARTY_CFG_chargeurs_interdits config variables.

And finally add this in the R3F_ARTY_CFG_chargeurs_virtuels :

// M1129 Stryker MC
   ["24Rnd_120mmHE_M120_02", "120mm HE Ch.1 (500m)", 75, "HE"],
   ["24Rnd_120mmHE_M120_02", "120mm HE Ch.2 (2000m)", 150, "HE"],
   ["24Rnd_120mmHE_M120_02", "120mm HE Ch.3 (6000m)", 250, "HE"],

This new configuration will come in the v1.6.

great news madbull. Also I loaded up ACE Version 401 and it looks like r3f is working now. Yippeeee!!!!!