Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

well, i tried it all, if i remove bis-arty, and only enable r3f arty, the rounds blow at my feet, if i enable them both same effect, if i remove r3f arty and only enable bis-arty it works.

We really don't like the usage of the bis-arty, and we love the r3f, but it seems the have this bug on the mortars only, if i use it on the stryker mc or m119 it works.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

I think i've figured it out, the problem is using a dissasembled mortar.

If i remove the bis arty, enable the r3f arty, and only use static mortar, whitout dissasemble it, it works, i can load it anywhere, unload and fire, but if i dissasemble it in 2 parts and carry it on back or in a vehicle, when i assemble the mortar again, it bugs out , we cannot choose round anymore, and if we mannualy load it the round fires and blows at my feet.

Is there any fix for this?

I mean i can pick it up and load it, but that's just not the right way to use it, we need to dissasemble it to be able for 2 soldiers to carry it.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

And there's another thing, i can only use the 81mm mortar, because we can't use the 60mm mortar since the arty computer does not allow the calculations for 60mm rounds.

@Madbull:

Thanks for this amazing set of scripts. I do have a suggestion that i feel is very important.

Right now on a mission i'm working on, there is a task where the players have to recover an ammo crate back to base. If they do it task succeeded if ammo crate is destroyed then it is task failed.

However, if i load the crate into the cargo of a vehicle and that vehicle gets destroyed whatever was inside that vehicle loaded by the logistics is lost forever in the sense you cannot get it back. AFAIK when you load an object into the cargo of the vehicle the object itself is moved to another position on the map at a quite high altitude. So wouldn't it be realistic to destroy the loaded object via "setdamage 1" and deleting the object itself after that via "deleteVehicle"? Either that or move the object back into the map a few meters behind the wreck of the destroyed vehicle. If you don't want the cargo object to be always destroyed when the vehicle that is carrying is destroyed itself, maybe it's a good idea to still give it a random setdamage. Keeping that in mind maybe you could according to type of object give it a defined setdamage. An ammo crate would for sure be destroyed immediately with the vehicle, while a armored box of some kind would not.

At least think about it as this brings a problem for mission makers that rely on objects that can be transported via the logistics system.

Thanks!

Edited by CarlosTex

@CarlosTex :

You're right.

Objects transported in a vehicles should be logically (setDamage 1) destroyed too to deal with the mission maker triggers or scripts.

In the current version, transported objects are no more accessibles after a vehicle destruction... but they are still present and undamaged.

It's a good suggestion for the next arty&log version. Thanks.

If you really need this feature. Tell me. I can give you few tips to do it yourself (don't know if you have some scripting skills).

Very Nice, although when using this script I discovered that it doesn't work with the V2.6 I44 vehicles! SO, I was wondering if there is going to be an update anytime soon for I44? Because I would love to be able to load the airdrop containers in a C47 and drop them! Hopefuly?!

Either way, I love the script!

:dancehead:

Hey Im having an issue geting R3F Arty and Logistics to work with F2 Framework. Every time I try to put is Description.ext it crashes my game. I tried to reroute the h files to f\Common\Atry & log but when I did it defaulted to the original Description.ext and when i tried to check the vehicles inventory on the ammo truck it copied all the surrounding trucks 3 times. Weird eh. Does it work with F2 where do you put the Description.ext contents for Arty and Logistics in F2s framework Description.ext.? Anyone know the answer?

Ive tried inserting these line several places in the Desc.ext but It just crashes my game. Help...???

Heres the Ext. for Arty and logistics

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h"

class RscTitles

{

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_rsct_include.h"

};

I need to know to match this or the Above in this Ext. below.

// ============================================================================================

// F2 - Mission Header

// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

class Header

{

gameType = Coop;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 432;

};

// ============================================================================================

// F2 - Respawn Settings

// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

respawn = 1;

respawndelay = 3;

// F2 - JIP Reinforcement Options

#include "f\common\f_JIP_kitpicker.h"

#include "f\common\f_JIP_grppicker.h"

// F2 - Whether AssignGear should allow Backpacks for OA/BAF/PMC units

// WARNING: DO NOT DISABLE THIS COMPONENT OR CHANGE POSITION IN PARAMS; IT MUST BE REFERENCABLE

// AS "paramsarray select 0" FOR GEAR SCRIPTS TO WORK CORRECTLY

class Params

{

class f_param_useBackpacks

{

title = "OA Backpacks (Asst. Gunners & Engineers)";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"Off","On"};

default = 0;

code = "f_param_useBackpacks = %1";

};

// F2 - Debug Mode

// WARNING: DO NOT DISABLE THIS COMPONENT

class f_param_debugMode

{

title = "$STR_f_param_debugMode";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"Off","On"};

default = 0;

code = "f_var_debugMode = %1";

};

// F2 - Mission Conditions Selector

class f_param_timeOfDay

{

title = "$STR_f_param_timeOfDay";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7};

texts[] = {$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option0,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option1,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option2,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option3,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option4,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option5,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option6,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option7};

default = 3;

code = "f_param_timeOfDay = %1";

};

class f_param_weather

{

title = "$STR_f_param_weather";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4};

texts[] = {$STR_f_param_weather_Option0,$STR_f_param_weather_Option1,$STR_f_param_weather_Option2,$STR_f_param_weather_Option3,$STR_f_param_weather_Option4};

default = 0;

code = "f_param_weather = %1";

};

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (coop)

// class f_param_AISkill_Friendly

// {

// title = "$STR_f_param_AISkill_Friendly";

// values[] = {0,1,2,3};

// texts[] = {$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option0,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option1,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option2,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option3};

// default = 2;

// code = "f_param_AISkill_Friendly = %1";

// };

// class f_param_AISkill_Enemy

// {

// title = "$STR_f_param_AISkill_Enemy";

// values[] = {0,1,2,3};

// texts[] = {$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option0,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option1,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option2,$STR_f_param_AISkill_Option3};

// default = 2;

// code = "f_param_AISkill_Enemy = %1";

// };

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (A&D)

// class f_param_AISkill_BLUFOR

// {

// title = "$STR_f_param_AISkill_BLUFOR";

// values[] = {0,1,2,3};

// default = 2;

// code = "f_param_AISkill_BLUFOR = %1";

// };

// class f_param_AISkill_OPFOR

// {

// title = "$STR_f_param_AISkill_OPFOR";

// values[] = {0,1,2,3};

// default = 2;

// code = "f_param_AISkill_OPFOR = %1";

// };

// F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn (Part 1)

// class f_param_lives

// {

// title = "Number of Lives:";

// values[] = {2000,1000,20,10,7,5};

// texts[] = {"No Revive","Infinite - Cadet","20 - Easy ","10 - Normal","7 - Hard","5 - Extreme"};

// default = 10;

// code = "f_param_lives = %1";

// };

};

// F2 - Kegetys Spectator Script

#include "f\common\f_spect\spectating.hpp"

// F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn (Part 2)

// disabledAI = 0;

// #include "f\revive\dialogs\revive.cpp"

// F2 - Gear Snippets

// #include "f\common\f_gearSnippets.hpp"

class RscTitles {

// F2 - Name Tags

// #include "f\common\f_recog\recogOverlay.hpp"

};

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Instead of placing multiple Object down is there a way to Replicate them , i.e i need a lot of Barb Wire so when I load 1 into a vehicle how can i replicate another on teh ground where i got it from , so save placing lot and lots on the editor ?

Thanks

@CarlosTex :

You're right.

Objects transported in a vehicles should be logically (setDamage 1) destroyed too to deal with the mission maker triggers or scripts.

In the current version, transported objects are no more accessibles after a vehicle destruction... but they are still present and undamaged.

It's a good suggestion for the next arty&log version. Thanks.

If you really need this feature. Tell me. I can give you few tips to do it yourself (don't know if you have some scripting skills).

Hey madbull!!!

Thanks for the help offer. Actually i just realized after releasing my mission that you had replied. I didn't check sooner because i had it implemented myself. I bet you can do it much better though.

If you want to check it it's here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134366-Mp-coop-10-forcefields&p=2150182#post2150182

Thanks once again!

Anyone know if this R3F Arty and Log is Compatible with F2 Mission Framework? If so could you explain how it jives with the Description.Ext. I acn get BTK cargo working but I keep getting CTDs with it and F2 mission Framework.

Hi madbull:

Using this script for our public server as we love the extra realism it brings to the table. I'm wondering about a way to deter griefers who may go into the computer and compute and order fire missions for say 999 rounds and so have several questions:

1. Is there a way to prevent more than one mission at a time being ordered to any particular AI or player? Example: Player orders 3 AI gunners to fire 999 rounds, then sends another order for 999 rounds etc.

2. Is there a way to limit the number of rounds may be fired in a mission?

Thanks,

-e

I searched the thread but i couldnt find How To on start make arty computer undeployed.

I've searched the thread, but cannot find a solution to this problem:

When using the Towing Tractor and trying to tow the A-10, the attach point is way too high for the tractor. The A-10 attach's high in the air off the ground.

Is there a way to fix this?

Using Chernarus ACE Domination2 mission. We get this error when we try to view the contents of the vehicles. "Resource R3F_Log_dlg_contenu_vehicule not found". Mission is dependent on ACE so we cannot try it without it. We can move everything around like we should be able to, and load it into the vehicles. We just cannot recover it from placing object in the vehicle because we cannot view contents. Any ideas?

TIA,

Clowns2

Hi,

Love the scripts, but I cannot figure out how to make my mission start with cargo loaded inside vehicles (using R3f).

Anyone tell me how?

More info:

I want to load an ammo crate into a stryker. I can do it manually but I want it to start in the vehicle (because when the mission is done it will be an enemy vehicle which the players have to take it from)

- Wrong info -

Edited by SaMatra

Hi guys im editing a Pvp mission were one team deploys a fob in a building area, here all fine. but there are areas with a couple of floors of hight were there is very good positions for m2 machinguns and the rest, the problem is that when I carry and deploy the machingun in the top floor it dropes to the botton floor. I can do this draging with ace sistem but not with sand bags walls and similar.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

If searched this post a few times but cant find anything related, thanks a lot for the help. Great script used it many times but never had this problem.

This is a little off topic as it is related to ACE, but is

only doable using this script?

A great feature would be translating scripts into English. Having everything in French is pain in the arse, even variables and directory names are in French! WTF?! Don't make us curse you and your country each time we look into code. Thanks.

Hey all,

I found this mod a couple of days ago while looking for a way to air lift/transport howitzers.. apart from having no rope/tow line and no swing/being able to drop from heights and watch the load fall, I think this mod is really great. Especially the arty system, I am really having fun with it. seems like awhile since this mod was updated and the thread seems fairly quiet.. but figured this would still be the best place to ask.

I am having a problem with the arty computer that is really killing the mod for me, about 50% of the time I calculate the shot(s) the game will just freeze on the grey screen with the "Computing..." text.

I have checked the Arma2OA.RPT crash file, but it does not show anything at the time of the freeze

It seems to freeze when calculating shots that are too close or out of range, but I'm not sure... I can make it freeze 100% of the time by trying to compute a shot that's only a few hundred meters from the firing position, but any other time it just seems to be luck if there is not a freeze while computing. Could work from one spot, but would freeze 50m away from that spot firing at the same location.

I do not have any other mods installed at all

The mod version I am using is " R3F_Arty_and_Log_1.6_hotfix ", could not locate anything newer.

And I used the " R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG " folder out of the " R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG_demo.Takistan " directory since the mission I am working on is in the Takistan map, and followed the rest of the install instructions in the " INSTALL.pdf "

Everything seems to work as it should, apart from this 50-50 chance of the arty computer freezing anytime I calculate a shot to a new target or from a new firing position.

I have been searching since the mod was installed for a solution to this computing freeze, but the only other mention I found was once in this thread way back, and It was not resolved or mentioned again.

Tried verifying the integrity of the game cache on steam for arma2 and all the mods " arma2 / oa / pmc / baf " aswell as installing the operation arrowhead beta patch a few minutes ago that appeared on steam recently.

Nothing has effected it.... could the problem be in the mod's scripts?, I read a post in this thread a few pages back... that said something about the computer calculates the shot, and if it cant find a good solution it will re-calculate... could it be stuck in a loop?

Although I'm not sure if that would be it either, for instance say the target is 6400m out from the firing position, and I select a 1000m round.... When I calculate the shot, it instantly returns an error, same thing for 3000m/6000m, the next round that would go over the shot distance is 9000m, so I select that and calculate. This is when it would either work after a couple seconds and be ready to fire, or will just freeze.

would really like to know what the cause is, and find a fix if possible

After some more testing I have figured out why the freeze is happening... it happens when the dispersion is set very low <- 15, Ive been trying to make shots with dispersion set at 0. now I am using between 20 and 120 and have not had a freeze yet.

guess ya just need to give the script more room to find a solution for some shots.

very nice mod.. no problems now, are there any plans on updates in the future? or possibly even an arma 3 adaption when its released (unless they added this stuff to it already)

Tried this out and it's pretty cool. Many thanks. I am looking to edit it a bit to suit our needs, I think the Artillery computer thing should just be a case that can be moved and stored in vehicles, rather than a whole outpost like it generates now. Would be much more portable and less tricky to place. Anyone had this idea before? Also, off-topic, is there any way to get around the thing where if you place something on a roof it falls through the floor? Or do we have to resort to manually setting setPos? Maybe we can make an action script to place an object on the roof?

Please correct me if this already exists. An optional parameter where you could access a destroyed vehicles "content" would be nice. Just to show the types of scenarios this could come in handy; I have a mission where an objective is to deliver some supplies. If the truck carrying the supplies is destroyed, the objective "content" is gone. It would be nice, to at least be able to go to the wreckage and salvage the "content".

Sure, I could place plenty of said objective objects, so there may be a chance of not running into object shortage. But, I don't like to place to many objects :cool: Anyhow, just a thought.

Tried this out and it's pretty cool. Many thanks. I am looking to edit it a bit to suit our needs, I think the Artillery computer thing should just be a case that can be moved and stored in vehicles, rather than a whole outpost like it generates now. Would be much more portable and less tricky to place. Anyone had this idea before? Also, off-topic, is there any way to get around the thing where if you place something on a roof it falls through the floor? Or do we have to resort to manually setting setPos? Maybe we can make an action script to place an object on the roof?

Can't you just add the computers class name to the transportable objects array? If it already isn't. Then its very portable :D

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

On a side note, I wonder if you could put a soldier type in the "can transport objects" array. Then, maybe you could load the computer into yourself!! LOL, but then you probably couldn't load into any other vehicle... or, you could have a like a "radio" lacky. But instead a artillery computer ai lacky, to load the computer into.

Edited by Iceman77

Can't you just add the computers class name to the transportable objects array? If it already isn't. Then its very portable :D

Your right, it can be loaded into vehicles. It's just the whole deploy thing where it creates the camo net, table and chairs that seems a bit tricky, is there a way to disable that bit?

Also does the call in the init need to be done for players & JIP or just once by the server. We are seeing a bug where people can pick up stuff but not place it, wondering if its due to some JIP issue.

So with the current R3F, would there be any way to access destroyed vehicles "contents"? If there would be, I would assume in the surveiller_conditions_actions_menu.sqf? I'm assuming the objnull checks are what need to be looked at? grrrrr, I'm not sure if a destroyed vehicle is objNull, hmmm