Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

I think I've trawled through every page of this thread now and I can't find an answer for my question. I'm trying to use this script in domination, and I've got everything working fine but I really need to be able to replace the Arty Quarter if it gets lost.

Sometimes people leave it in a vehicle that respawns, like a chopper or the vehicle carrying it gets killed and then theres no more arty for the rest of the game.

I've tried using the Simple Respawn script that someone suggested, but that just respawns me a sattelite phone with no options other than to pick it up.

Anyone got ant suggestions?

Thanks you :)

object setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true];

I am having the same problem. I understand how to manually add the disable code to each objects init, but I am dealing with huge amounts of objects which I do not want to be moveable (A custom base). I am looking for a more efficient method of disabling base-dedicated objects. Perhaps a trigger?

Excellent addon, but if I want to use the original artillery instead of R3F I always get this message "An other artillery module than the R3F artillery and logistics system is used in this mission bla bla bla." Might be a stupid question but how the hell do i get rid of this, what files do I have to delete so I can use the easy method? :o

I think that BIS arty must be loaded too. You can only really have one operating at a time. Check the addons that are initialised on your mission. If you see BIS_arty then remove it.

3 questions:

1. Has anyone managed to succesully create a firingtable for the P85' 2S1 Gvozdika yet...?
  2. Is it possible to rule out a certain artillery piece - let's say the m252 mortar - so I can use the BIS firing computer together with the mortars, and the R3F arty GUI with some M119's in the same game...?
  3. How can I remove the unused artillerypieces from the GUI dropdown...? - I mean, if I only got M119's in my mission I don't need firing oppertunities for neither D30 nor 2B14 ect...

sorry if this is a repost of some kind ;)

Cheers... :)

I have the oppsite problem as many on this site. I get the "cannot find range tables" error UNLESS I'm running ace. If I'm running ace, it works PERFECT! (on the server, does not have to be running on the client).

This only applies to the M119. The D30 and the 252 seem to have the range tables working.

The arty pieces are generic M119 USMC versions. I have tried the US version The map is Fallujah. The R3F version is 1.6. There are no ace assets on the map.

The map was created without ACE. After awhile of getting the error, I loaded with ace (though not made required in the mission) on the server and the client. The M119 Arty worked perfect.

I started with ACE on the server and not the client. M119 Arty worked perfect.

Then, I went back to no ace and the M119 arty started returning the error again.

The #includes to the tables are all there per the examples in the fourm.

Any ideas?

I just downloaded R3F_Arty_and_Log_1.6.

Followed the pdf instructions, but there are calls made to non-existent folders and files.

I'm totally lost.

Try it yourself by downloading RF3 from the link and following the PDF instructions, it's impossible.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9285

The instructions say NOT to rename the main folder, but the folder name ends in _1.6 and doesn't match any of the init or description.ext entries !

I tried fixing that by renaming, but now my game won't load because "desc_include.h not found.", and yes, the path is correct now since I fixed it, the file is simply not in the download and I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

All I can do is un-pbo another mission and find that file so I can restore the broken download linked above, unless I'm totally off-track here ?

If I'm right, then the linked zip file above needs to be fixed, so this is FYI only, if you care.

The whole system looks fun, but all I want is the ability to load an ammobox into a vehicle, if there is another way for me to do that..... and please, be specific in any help here.....

thx

Edited by congo
rude and pre-emptory comments.

You need to use the files inside the actual mission folder. Either R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG_demo.Chernarus or R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG_demo.Takistan. Take the files from one of those and put them in your mission folder. From the sound of it it seems you are just trying to use the R3F_Arty_and_Log_1.6 folder in your mission. That folder was just used to pack the content. You need the description.ext, init.sqf and the R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG folder. They are inside the mission folders I listed above.

I hope this helps.

From the sound of it it seems you are just trying to use the R3F_Arty_and_Log_1.6 folder in your mission. That folder was just used to pack the content. You need the description.ext, init.sqf and the R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG folder. They are inside the mission folders I listed above.

Thank You,

OMG! I just looked at the full filename (hidden because of name length, I couldn't see the hotfix text) for the download above, it's R3F_Arty_and_Log_1.6_hotfix.zip!

The page is misleading, I thought this was the whole package.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9285

I'll go away, find the correct download, then screw up from there :P

Edited by congo
it was a tricky thing you know....

I'm looking for solution for a problem:

I am a commander of USA forces, using this script for artillery support. My friend is on opposite side, as Russian. How to disable this script on his cannons(he has to use BIS-made artillery computer)? I know how to disable R3F_LOG, but have no idea how to disable arty.

this setVariable ["R3F_ARTY_disabled", true] - doesn't work.

Edited by ufoman

I'm looking for solution for a problem:

I am a commander of USA forces, using this script for artillery support. My friend is on opposite side, as Russian. How to disable this script on his cannons(he has to use BIS-made artillery computer)? I know how to disable R3F_LOG, but have no idea how to disable arty.

this setVariable ["R3F_ARTY_disabled", true] - doesn't work.

With the latest official version, you can't.

But I give you a trick to do that :

In the file R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\surveiller_nouveaux_objets.sqf, surrond the following code :

#ifdef R3F_ARTY_enable
			// Si l'objet est un pièce d'artillerie d'un type à gérer
			if ({_objet isKindOf _x} count R3F_ARTY_CFG_pieces_artillerie > 0) then
			{
				[_objet] spawn R3F_ARTY_FNCT_piece_init;
			};

// Si l'objet doit mettre à disposition un calculateur d'artillerie depuis l'intérieur
			if ({_objet isKindOf _x} count R3F_ARTY_CFG_calculateur_interne > 0) then
			{
				_objet addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", "vehicle player == _target"];
			};

// Si l'objet doit mettre à disposition un calculateur d'artillerie depuis l'intérieur
			if ({_objet isKindOf _x} count R3F_ARTY_CFG_calculateur_externe > 0) then
			{
				_objet addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "", "vehicle player == player"];
			};

// Si c'est un calculateur
			if (typeOf _objet == "SatPhone") then
			{
				[_objet] spawn R3F_ARTY_FNCT_calculateur_init;
			};
			#endif

by this kind of "if" condition :

if (side player == west) then
{
   // the previous quoted code
};

or

if (player in [allowed_player_1, allowed_player_2, allowed_player_3]) then
{
   // the previously quoted code
};

I can say, it works with separating access to this script. But we have another problem. When I press "compute" I see freezed screen "computing", and nothing happens. I used this script on dedicated server before, but never when someone was on opposite side. Maybe there is a problem and something crashes?

Btw. in R3F_ARTY folder, in init.sqf:

/ Suppression de l'interface d'artillerie de BIS apparue dans la version 1.54 d'ArmA OA

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "BAF_Soldier_MTP")) then

{

call compile "enableEngineArtillery false;";

};

Changing false to enable gives a possibility to use BIS arty system.

About the enableEngineArtillery :

Yes if you put true, it will enable it. The goal of this code is to remove the BIS Arty computer, because we don't like it and it can confuse the player. To avoid weird behaviors or bugs, I suggest you to keep it disabled.

About the arty computer freeze :

- Check you are with the latest arty&log v1.6

- Try it with no addons including ACE

- Check that your firing parameters (in the interface) are coherent

- If the problem persists, check your RPT file ( http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT ) and tell me if you can see errors in it.

Quick question here. Under GNU it didnt say anything about modifying(That I saw) but when I add some classnames to the config list, R3F No longer works

[R3F] Arty & Log is under the GNU GPL v3. You can modify it and/or redistribute.

You probably made a mistake in the config file. Adding a classname in the lists can't do the arty&log not working.

Could you show us how you modify it ?

Does anyone have an uptodate BAF_objects.sqf (and a PMC one etc etc) with all classname data?

This will save me putting in all the classnames.

Cheers

Ok Madbull. I go to the addons config in the R3F Log, and I edit the arma2_CO_objects.sqf. I go to the list of vehicles that can carry things, and I create a new line in it. I add the name of my vehicle, which is "ad_mh60k_black" so I put it in the SQF Like this.

["ad_mh60k_black",10],

Does anyone have an uptodate BAF_objects.sqf (and a PMC one etc etc) with all classname data?

This will save me putting in all the classnames.

Cheers

Did you look at ArmATec's object guide? I know it's hosted at armaholic.com. I'm not sure how up to date it is but I thought it had BAF stuff. I'll have to look for it.

Nevermind. It looks like it doesn't have BAF and after.

Edited by Manzilla

@Manzilla and Kremator :

BAF and PMC are not in the default arty & log config.

Only some "generic" things like ammo boxes are handled.

We still had no time to do the update about that :butbut:

You can easily do it yourself and share to others your configuration ;)

@Cards525 :

It looks good. Take care to NOT add a comma at the last line of each list... and to add a comma to each line (except the list of the list).

Check your arma RPT file ( http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT ) to detect any syntax error.

Can you show us the entire file ?

What doesn't work ? Only the add of the specific class ? Or it breaks the whole arty&log ?

@Madbull When I put that in the Script, it doesnt work. Heres the entire section of what I put it in, for a better view

(Its about halfway down...)

R3F_LOG_CFG_transporteurs = R3F_LOG_CFG_transporteurs +
[
["CH47_base_EP1", 80],
["AH6_Base_EP1", 25],
["Mi17_base", 60],
["Mi24_Base", 50],
["UH1H_base", 35],
["UH1_Base", 30],
["UH60_Base", 40],
["An2_Base_EP1", 40],
["C130J", 150],
["MV22", 80],
["ATV_Base_EP1", 5],
["HMMWV_Avenger", 5],
["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1", 12],
["HMMWV_Base", 18],
["Ikarus", 50],
["Lada_base", 10],
["LandRover_Base", 15],
["Offroad_DSHKM_base", 15],
["Pickup_PK_base", 15],
["S1203_TK_CIV_EP1", 20],
["SUV_Base_EP1", 15],
["SkodaBase", 10],
["TowingTractor", 5],
["Tractor", 5],
["KamazRefuel", 10],
["Kamaz", 50],
["Kamaz_Base", 35],
["MAZ_543_SCUD_Base_EP1", 10],
["MtvrReammo", 35],
["MtvrRepair", 35],
["MtvrRefuel", 10],
["MTVR", 50],
["GRAD_Base", 10],
["Ural_ZU23_Base", 12],
["Ural_CDF", 50],
["Ural_INS", 50],
["UralRefuel_Base", 10],
["Ural_Base", 35],
["V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1", 10],
["V3S_Civ", 35],
["V3S_Base_EP1", 50],
["UAZ_Base", 10],
["VWGolf", 8],
["Volha_TK_CIV_Base_EP1", 8],
["BRDM2_Base", 15],
["BTR40_MG_base_EP1", 15],
["BTR90_Base", 25],
["GAZ_Vodnik_HMG", 25],
["LAV25_Base", 25],
["StrykerBase_EP1", 25],
["hilux1_civil_1_open", 12],
["hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1", 12],
["Motorcycle", 3],
["2S6M_Tunguska", 10],
["M113_Base", 12],
["M1A1", 5],
["M2A2_Base", 15],
["MLRS", 8],
["T34", 5],
["T55_Base", 5],
["T72_Base", 5],
["T90", 5],
["AAV", 12],
["BMP2_Base", 7],
["BMP3", 7],
["ZSU_Base", 5],
["RHIB", 10],
["RubberBoat", 5],
["Fishing_Boat", 10],
["SeaFox", 5],
["Smallboat_1", 8],
["Fort_Crate_wood", 5],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1A_EP1", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1B", 100],
["Misc_Cargo1B_military", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1B_EP1", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1C", 100],
[b][i]["ad_mh60k_black", 10],[/i][/b]
["Land_Misc_Cargo1C_EP1", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1D", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1D_EP1", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1E", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1E_EP1", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1F", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo1G", 100],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2A_EP1", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2B", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2B_EP1", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2C", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2C_EP1", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2D", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2D_EP1", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2E", 200],
["Land_Misc_Cargo2E_EP1", 200],
["Base_WarfareBContructionSite", 100],
["Misc_cargo_cont_net1", 18],
["Misc_cargo_cont_net2", 36],
["Misc_cargo_cont_net3", 60],
["Misc_cargo_cont_small", 50],
["Misc_cargo_cont_small2", 40],
["Misc_cargo_cont_tiny", 35]
];

Nevermind, Figured it out. Just a little coding error on my part.

Another question. I set a Vehicles capacity to 70... And it only goes to 20.

Another question. I set a Vehicles capacity to 70... And it only goes to 20.

This is because the class of 70 capacity is the child of another class which is defined to 20 before in the list.

Ex :

Generic class HMMWV : 20

Specific class HMMWV_M2 : 70

If HMMWV is put before HMMWV_M2 in the list, then the HMMW_M2 capacity will be the same than HMMWV as it is a parent class.

So you need to list HMMWV_M2 before HMMWV to get the 70 capacity.

(This is just an example).

Right. Another error here. R3F Was working fine, but then my ACM wasnt. So I repaired the ACm code... Now R3F Doesnt work again. ONly thing I changed was correcting the ACM Call names, to the module specified.

Ambient Combat Manager. IT dynamicaly creates units. Heres my entire INit.SQF for a better view of it.

ExecVM "MERCU.SQF";
ExecVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"
ace_wounds_prevtime = 600;
Sleep .1;
      waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM1 getVariable "initDone"}};
      waitUntil {BIS_ACM1 getVariable "initDone"};
  [] spawn {
      waitUntil {!(isnil "BIS_fnc_init")};
      [1, BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;
      [bIS_ACM1, 100, 300] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;
      [["BIS_TK_INS", "BIS_TK"], BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
      [0.75, 1, BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc; 
   [0.9, 1, BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;
      ["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
      ["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
      [bIS_ACM1, ["TK_INS_Group", "TK_INS_AATeam", "TK_INS_ATTeam", "TK_INS_Technicals", "TK_INS_MotorizedGroup", "TK_InfantrySquad", "TK_T72Platoon", "TK_Mi_17Flight", "TK_MechanizedInfantrySquadBMP2", "TK_MotorizedInfanterySquad"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;
  };