Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

@gunterlund21 & sowens :

Thanks for the report. I'm still not able to produce the problem. Will re-try ASAP.

Is it on A2, OA or CO ?

Is there an additionnal arty module or addon/script ?

Playing CO

I have enableEngineArtillery false;

in my init file.

The problems we had in the past was with the smoke ammunition not working with ace 1.6.

I don't know about 1.7, haven't really played since it was released. I'll test it out in the futur...

I presume that the issue with ACE means that mortar rounds from CSW's spawn by your feet?

I'm back from holidays... Happy new year ;)

About ACE :

Thanks all for the info about the arty&log and ACE.

I'll fix that ASAP.

@gunterlund21 :

I deleted the mission file. But it's exactly the same content as the demo mission, but with a Fallujah SQM and with R3F_ARTY_CFG_hauteur_ile = 10240; (in R3F_ARTY\config.sqf).

The GPS coords works with and without ACE. Ballistics works without ACE and partially with ACE.

Hello,

one question, I just want to confirm my understanding of the script.

In the pdf manual it says this line:

Note : You can use the logistic system without the artillery system. If you don't want to

have the artillery system on your mission, disable it by editing the file

“R3F_ARTY_disable_enable.sqf†in “R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG†(read the instructions in the

heading of the file).

in the script it refers to

it says here:

R3F_ARTY_disable_enable.sqf

/*
* Add a double-slash ( // ) at the begining of the #include line to disable the artillery system.
* (In addition you can delete the R3F_ARTY directory to lighten your mission. More than 340kB saved.)
* To enable the artillery system, write #define R3F_ARTY_enable withouth double-slash.
* Ajoutez deux barres obliques ( // ) au début de la ligne #include pour désactiver le système d'artillerie.
* (En plus de ça, vous pouvez supprimer le répertoire R3F_ARTY pour alléger votre mission. Plus de 340ko économisés.)
* Pour activer le système d'artillerie, écrivez #define R3F_ARTY_enable sans les deux barres obliques.
*/

#define R3F_ARTY_enable

If I change this :

#define R3F_ARTY_enable

to this:

#define R3F_ARTY_disable

this means that Arma2CO will use the vanilla game artillary computer, instead of the artillary setup in the script?

do I also do the same in the R3F_LOG_disable_enable.sgf too? or just the

R3F_ARTY_disable_enable.sqf?

Thanks very much Love the script, thanks for your efforts.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Nevermind I got this figured out, I missed a line for some reason.

use // to disable it.

I got it to work.

thanks anyways

Nice to see you finally find yourself how to do it.

Thanks very much Love the script

Thanks. If you love it, the best way to say it, is the Community Awards 2010 ;)

(Name : [R3F] Artillery and Logistic ; URL : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94280 )

To those who are waiting for the arty&log/ACE update :

I'm working hard on it. A new ballistics system is coming : more realistic and independant of A2/OA/CO/ACE updates which will guarantee to work beyond all the game updates.

The whole artillery system is being redesigned to be more realistic and to allow "Time on Target" and "Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact".

A new aiming system with two independant axis is already implemented. BTW the logistics system will also be also improved.

So please, be patient a little time again ;) It will soon kick ass even more.

This sounds REALLY great madbull. Looking forward to trying the new version out, when it's ready !

One fast question: Can I have AI calling Artillery upon me by using this script...- and if so, how?

-- sorry if the question allready has been answered, I did'nt take my time reading this whole thread through... ;)

Edited by Major Woody

@Enders :

Yes, it's one of the numerous planned features ;)

@Major Woody :

The AI can't use their "own brain" to accomplish a fire mission.

But you can order AI to shoot where you want. You can read this french wiki page which explain how to fire to a given direction : http://wiki.team-r3f.org/doku.php/scripts:action-useweapon

The main parts are :

// Init the ammo type
d30_1 setVariable ["R3F_ARTY_chargeur_courant", ["30Rnd_122mmHE_D30", "HE 122mm Ch.2 (6000m)", 250, 0, "HE", []]];

// Make a shoot to the given "azimuth" and "elevation"
d30_1 doWatch [
(getPos d30_1 select 0) + (sin azimuth_1)*(cos elevation_1)*1000,
(getPos d30_1 select 1) + (cos azimuth_1)*(cos elevation_1)*1000,
(getPos d30_1 select 2) + (sin elevation_1)*1000
];
sleep 4;
gameLogic_1 action ["useWeapon",d30_1,gunner d30_1,0];

// Re-full the magazine for unlimited shoot (if needed)
d30_1 setvehicleAmmo 1;

If you need "AI brain", make your own intelligence or use an existing community script (if exists).

I know that this problem has been address multiple times, but I still cannot find a solution to it. I am a complete newbie when it comes to editing. I am using the 1.6 version of this script, norrin's revive script, the BTK cargo drop script, and the medevac module. I have made a mission with all these together once before and everything worked fine. I have made a second mission, this time on Takistan, using these scripts and modules and am encountering the following problems.

1. With the M119 I constantly get the error about the range tables for this type of ammunition and that there is no fire solution available no matter where I put my target, or which type of ammunition I use. Using the mortars and even the MLRS seems to work perfectly fine, just the M119 seems funky.

2. When my mission loads, the script doesn't appear to be active right away. I don't know if there's some sort of internal trigger (if there's even such a thing). Sometime has to pass before I get the option to lift things with the logistics mod, or check vehicles inventory, and even longer before I can access the artillery computer. It may be a coincidence, but getting into a vehicle and driving around a bit seems to make it work, unless of course it's just because of the time spent doing it that the script becomes activated.

Anyone have any ideas? It's not an emergency, but I really would like to get this working, because as I saw in my last mission it is a beautiful script and would like to see it working to its potential.

Thanks in advance for your time.

@M. DeLiso :

1. With the M119 I constantly get the error about the range tables for this type of ammunition and that there is no fire solution available no matter where I put my target, or which type of ammunition I use. Using the mortars and even the MLRS seems to work perfectly fine, just the M119 seems funky.

Are you using ACE or any other addon which could modify the M119 behavior/ballistics ?

Also, in your R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\config.sqf, be sure to still have all these folowing #include :

/**
* Load of pre-computed tables - add here the new tables
* Chargement des tables précalculées - ajouter ici les nouvelles tables
*/
R3F_ARTY_CFG_tables = [
#include "tables\spd100_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd150_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd200_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd250_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd300_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd350_fric0.sqf",
#include "tables\spd400_fric0.sqf",

#include "tables\spd450_fric0.00038.sqf",
#include "tables\spd900_fric0.00038.sqf",
#include "tables\spd2800_fric0.00038.sqf",
#include "tables\spd8500_fric0.00038.sqf",

#include "tables\spd150_fric0.00055.sqf",
#include "tables\spd250_fric0.00055.sqf",
#include "tables\spd800_fric0.00055.sqf",
#include "tables\spd2200_fric0.00055.sqf"
];

2. When my mission loads, the script doesn't appear to be active right away. I don't know if there's some sort of internal trigger (if there's even such a thing). Sometime has to pass before I get the option to lift things with the logistics mod, or check vehicles inventory, and even longer before I can access the artillery computer. It may be a coincidence, but getting into a vehicle and driving around a bit seems to make it work, unless of course it's just because of the time spent doing it that the script becomes activated.

The arty&log takes 20 seconds to detect the interesting objects in the mission and add the actions in the menu (it voluntarily takes time to reduce the CPU load). Wait 1 or 2 minutes to really be sure that all is initialized. If it still doesn't work, let me know.

Check if there isn't some scripts before the execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf" which could delay the arty&log init.

Thank you for your quick reply. There is nothing before the arty init, so you I will just wait 1-2 minutes, that seems to be all it takes. I added the #include lines you posted and it didn't seem to help with the problem. I am using ACE on this map, which is something I didn't use on my last. Is there something I can do to make this script work with ACE?

Is there something I can do to make this script work with ACE?

Be patient, madbull is working on ACE compatibility :)

@madbull: btw do you have some cvs or svn server where we can follow the code updates? That would be great, also for providing patches etc.

Thank you for your quick reply. There is nothing before the arty init, so you I will just wait 1-2 minutes, that seems to be all it takes. I added the #include lines you posted and it didn't seem to help with the problem. I am using ACE on this map, which is something I didn't use on my last. Is there something I can do to make this script work with ACE?

I'm using ACE2 and I've been using this for months, works for me. What exactly is the problem?

I undestand, I'll be patient. But in the meantime, Manzilla, the problem seems to be with the M119 only. I can use all of the mortars, and the MLRS perfectly fine. When I try to use the artillery computer for the M119, I pick the location of the battery on the map (which is my position in this case), I pick locations on the map that are some distance away, and the coordinates and altitude all seem to go into the GUI just fine (with a few exceptions when I click the target coordinates just read 000 000). I multiselect the three M119 pieces that exist in the battery right next to me, and I pick under the M119 section all of the types of M119 HE rounds. I think off hand they're 4k, 6k, 9k, 12k or something I don't know. No matter where I place my target or which range of round I pick, I get an error saying no range tables exist for this type of ammunition, and no fire soultion could be found. These two errors will show up one after another in the chat console.

What influences the compute time btw?

Is it a "sleep" somewhere to make arty something less powerful, or is it really computation? In the later case, ppl with faster CPUs will gain an advantage :(

About ACE and the new (WIP) ballistics system :

Yes, some users report that the arty&log doesn't fully work with ACE. I tried it and had no problem with ACE (as Manzilla said too). Maybe it depends of the ACE version or the game (A2/OA/CO) or something else.

Anyway, I'm working on a new realistic system which will be independant of BIS and ACE updates.

At the same time, this new ballistics system will be more realistic. BIS chose to set the shell's air friction to zero. It's too unrealistic (pure parabolic trajectory, etc.). The air friction will be retablished.

In the future, this new system will also allow to implement some other realistic physics effects as the wind, the variation of pressure depending of the altitude during the flight, the Coriolis effect, etc.

@M. DeLiso :

For your first problem (M119), the reason could be ACE but I don't think so.

Try your previous arty&log mission with the ACE and tell me if it works.

If so, the problem is probably in your mission (installation of arty&log in it).

Is your second problem (arty&log action menu didn't appear) solved ?

@helling3r :

No SVN or CVS server is available for this project. I'm trying to publish a stable release fixing and improving the main points ASAP.

It's a real ballistics computation to find fire solutions. But people having a powerful CPU are not really advantaged as only one core is used and calculations represents only a short step in the arty process.

About ACE and the new (WIP) ballistics system :

Yes, some users report that the arty&log doesn't fully work with ACE. I tried it and had no problem with ACE (as Manzilla said too). Maybe it depends of the ACE version or the game (A2/OA/CO) or something else.

Anyway, I'm working on a new realistic system which will be independant of BIS and ACE updates.

At the same time, this new ballistics system will be more realistic. BIS chose to set the shell's air friction to zero. It's too unrealistic (pure parabolic trajectory, etc.). The air friction will be retablished.

In the future, this new system will also allow to implement some other realistic physics effects as the wind, the variation of pressure depending of the altitude during the flight, the Coriolis effect, etc.

@M. DeLiso :

For your first problem (M119), the reason could be ACE but I don't think so.

Try your previous arty&log mission with the ACE and tell me if it works.

If so, the problem is probably in your mission (installation of arty&log in it).

Is your second problem (arty&log action menu didn't appear) solved ?

@helling3r :

No SVN or CVS server is available for this project. I'm trying to publish a stable release fixing and improving the main points ASAP.

It's a real ballistics computation to find fire solutions. But people having a powerful CPU are not really advantaged as only one core is used and calculations represents only a short step in the arty process.

We should talk. There is a MAJOR rewrite of the artillery system in progress for ACE, pretty much along the same line as you are talking about (ultra-realism being the primary goal). Maybe we can work together on some things?

Hopefully will have something Fridays ACE update, and if not then next week for sure (the battery computer system still needs its internals hooked up to the interface).

@helling3r :

Quote:

In the demo mission, last week i had computation times (the screen showed "Computing..." and was locked) of 3-5 minutes, i dont think this is usual... However, the demo also did compute faster in the past.

Besides that, it would be great, if the ACE team and you hook up, so noone needs to reinvent the weels.

On mayor advantage of the artillery script here is its logistic part which allows relocation of howitzers. This is very useful und hardly needed in warfare missions because howitzers are usually expensive there.

@NouberNou :

I'm going to PM you.

@helling3r :

That's strange and surprising because there is a safety trigger which aborts the computation if it take more than 30 seconds.

Usually it takes less than 10 seconds to find accurate high and low solutions.

i am have some problem with Domi2 ace revive 2.54 when i put the

execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf" in mission init.sqf the ammo boxes are disappearing when i remove the execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf" from init.sqf the ammo boxes will show again.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

i got it working know i forgot ( ; ) on the end

is there a way to stop an object from being liftable, transportable through the mission editor?

I have made a little artillery base and used the Large Sandbags and Small hut etc. as a perimeter around the base and I want to make it so just those particular huts and sandbags cannot be picked up, moved or transported (so the base isn't dismantled) but I still want to be able to lift, move, transport the other ones that are stored at the main base for people to grab and use to set up farps, blockades etc.

Is there a command or script that I can include on the init line of those objects I want locked through the mission editor?

Thanks for anyhelp!