Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

When issuing adjustment orders, is the Dir to target in degrees or mills?

Does the vertical adjustment also have to adjust for OT factor?

Thanks for this AWESOME script. I'd love to see it have something like mma_xeh to auto-add it to missions.

@gunterlund21 :

SADARM, LASER, GPS and/or new advanced ammo types are in my TODO list ;)

@Trekari :

All units are in degrees and meters.

Adjustments are relative to the forward direction.

1. Put the direction of the target relative to the F.O.

2. Put the add/drop and left/right adjustments.

No addon version is currently planed. Might when the project will be in a nearly-final-version.

Artillery: Can we have option of displays in 6400 mils?

Can the calculator have a FO-centric adjust fire calculation if given FO-TGT bearing/range or simply FO position?

Can the map marker at round impact be disabled?

Logistics: Is there any way to hide the logistics options by default so it takes a deliberate effort to do any of the actions?

Artillery: Can we have option of displays in 6400 mils?

Added in the (private) TODO list. Doesn't look hard to implement. Why not if there is a config variable to choose the unit to use.

Can the calculator have a FO-centric adjust fire calculation if given FO-TGT bearing/range or simply FO position?

It already works like this. The adjustments are described in a add/drop/left/right coord system relative to the FO and the target... as IRL as far as I know.

What do you exactly mean ?

Can the map marker at round impact be disabled?

Yes, there is a config variable in the R3F_ARTY\config.sqf. It's named R3F_ARTY_CFG_montrer_marqueur_impact.

Logistics: Is there any way to hide the logistics options by default so it takes a deliberate effort to do any of the actions?

What do you want ? To disable ALL logistics features ? Or to hide the text on the add actions on the middle of the screen to force the player to check if the action is available via his mouse wheel ? Or to give logistics features only to specific players ?

Madbull, thanks for the awesome scripts. It's a joy to play with.

I have my ammunition types set, and everything else seems to work, but

When I try to Compute a fire solution, I get the following:

NO EXISTING RANGE TABLE FOR THIS AMMUNITION

NO FIRE SOLUTION FOUND

I believe this is coming from en_strings_lang.sqf:

STR_R3F_ARTY_pas_de_table_munition = "No existing range table for this ammuniton.";

I do have the R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf entry:

#include "config.sqf"

// Un serveur dédié n'en a pas besoin

if !(isServer && isDedicated) then

{

// Load of pre-computed tables - add here the new tables

// Chargement des tables précalculées - ajouter ici les nouvelles tables

R3F_ARTY_tables =

[

#include "tables\table_M119_et_D30.sqf"

#include "tables\table_M252_et_2b14_82mm.sqf"

Within my table_M252_et_2b14_82mm.sqf file there appears to be calculations, so I'm not sure what it's looking for.

Any suggestions?

Also, my version is English

Thanks

Edited by 121.Saint

@121.Saint :

I think you have an old version of the arty & log (like v1.4 or lower).

We are now at the v1.6 which ensures the compatibility to A2, OA, CO and BAF.

Retry with the latest version.

@gunterlund21 :

Yes, the BM-21 Grad and the MLRS are disabled in ACE because the rockets are replaced by a new shell with a different velocity and air friction.

Hope they will find a smarter way to implement these shells.

Thanks, Madbull. That fixed that particular issue.

I'm using Xeno's Domination OA West AI mission, but now with v1.6, I get the following warning when starting:

An other artillery module than the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic system is used in this missions. It is not recommended to use it in the same mission [Continue]

It locks the screen and forces you to select Continue.

It does not otherwise affect the mission.

I don't mind having both available to players, but either way I don't want this warning coming up.

What would be the best way disable this warning, either by disabling artillery in the Xeno mission, or disabling the warning all together?

Thanks so much

This message talks about the BIS' arty module or the ACE one (which is in fact the same as the BIS' one).

You simply must to remove the artillery module of the Domi in the mission editor (It's a squared icon with a gun inside. Press the "delete" key while pointing it with the mouse cursor).

Hope it helps you.

Worked like a charm. I can't believe I missed that. I was all worried about the SQF files in trying to take out BIS artillery.

Thanks for the help.

@gunterlund21 :

I don't the setup of this island. I haven't download it.

If the 000 000 GPS position is at south west, the value to set is zero.

Otherwise, create an empty mission, put a unit exactly on the north-west limit and save it. Open the mission.sqm in a text editor and read the unit 3D position. The value to set is the 2nd 3rd one.

@121.Saint :

Great, enjoy ;-)

Edited by madbull

@gunterlund21 :

I don't the setup of this island. I haven't download it.

If the 000 000 GPS position is at south west, the value to set is zero.

Otherwise, create an empty mission, put a unit exactly on the north-west limit and save it. Open the mission.sqm in a text editor and read the unit 3D position. The value to set is the 2nd one.

@121.Saint :

Great, enjoy ;-)

This is the coordinate

position[]={0.086368985,7,10239.915};

Do I use 10240

That's it gunterlund21, this is 10240.

It's the third value, not the second one as I said.

So if you put this value, it means that the 000 000 GPS position is at the north-west corner.

That's it gunterlund21, this is 10240.

It's the third value, not the second one as I said.

So if you put this value, it means that the 000 000 GPS position is at the north-west corner.

Cool I used that. Unfortunately I think his map grid is wrong. If you zoom out on Falluja the grid boxes are only 500 x 500. He has a large blacked out area around the map so I think his grid coords are wacked. The GPS in game seems to line up but the Arty system does not find the Y axis correctly, thus shots go way short or the wrong direction. I tried using the same coords as Panthera (10240).

Hi Madbull.. ( Hi @ All )

First of all... my English isnt really good

I Have a Problem with youre great Script

Yesterday ive added the Arty and Logistic system to the OA Domination Map

CO30_Donination_2_54A2_West_R_OA.Takistan

Both ( Arty and Logistic Part ) works but i found 2 Failures during Gametest

the First is In the Logistic...

Ive added differnt Containers with Mapeditor, to lift but i cant lift up any container till i move one of them by me (ingame) .. after i moved one of the Containers, i am able to lift all.... I also cant Load someting into the Container till i moved some of them by the Playermove

the Second is:

Each Time i enable the Arty Feature, the Gamestart ( flying Camera to Playerposition ) turns most Time into green like a "Join-the-Game" at Nighttime .. but it is Daytime on Map. As long as the Introsequence is running, the Screen wont change .. after them is is normally ( most times) and sometimes the gammalevel is too high.

If i disable the Arty Feature everything is ok i can start the game 100 times and all is ok (apart from the lack of the Containers )

PLEASE Help !!! I wont play the Domination without youre phantastic System

bye the Way i have the Arma 2 installation and now ive added the Operation Arrowhead

Greethings

Claus

Edited by weroedv

@gunterlund21 :

The island looks to not respect the standard coord system. The arty can't fully read the GPS coords.

Even if the display GPS coords are not the right one that you can read on the map, the computation of the fire solution should be good.

So it should work if you only use the "map click" and you don't put the coords with the keyboard.

@weroedv :

Send me your mission file. I'll have a quick check on it to see if your installation is good.

@weroedv :

Send me your mission file. I'll have a quick check on it to see if your installation is good.

Thanks a lot... but how can i send u the File ?

Do i have to switch back the Arty System enabled and the language to english ( i ve translated the language to German )

By the way... if u need translations for further Versions of the Arty&Log System .. then give it to me.. at this way i can Honor youre helping me

Greetz..

Claus

PS: i guess the easyest way is something like Skype to transfer File

Edited by weroedv

but how can i send u the File ?

I haven't Skype. We usually use a web-service like rapidshare pr mega-upload.

But I'd rather like an attached file to my email address (you can find in the README.txt of the arty & log).

Do i have to switch back the Arty System enabled and the language to english ( i ve translated the language to German )

Leave it as you want to play with.

By the way... if u need translations for further Versions of the Arty&Log System .. then give it to me.. at this way i can Honor youre helping me

Thanks. I'll study your offer but the difficulty is to keep it up-to-date at each new version.

I'll have a look on your translation file on your Domi.

I haven't Skype. We usually use a web-service like rapidshare pr mega-upload.

Ok You can Download it on my Server now

( URL DELETED CAUSE MADBULL RECEIVED )

thx

Claus

Edited by weroedv

Madbul, Anyone....

Trying to setup the Artillery Computer on a ship and as soon as it deploys it gives me problems.

I have the positioning working fine using:

this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 15.9]

and the laptop sits fine on the deck until I add the:

nul = [this] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\create_arty_quarter.sqf";

It must the deployment of the table etc that is the problem, anyway to disable this ?

My aim is to deploy it then use the logistics to pack it into a helicopter and fly of ship prior to setup on shore, but the above is preventing that.

UPDATE - I have it now working but it is not visible presumably its sat on a lower deck. I have tried forcing the Y axis real high to try and make it fall onto the deck. That didn`t work. But in function as a command post its working. I just set my FOO with the Addaction script and it works and I am golden.

ON ANOTHER POINT, Gnats new ships have working guns on them, anyone clever enough to get these working as Naval Gunfire support ?

Edited by UGLY58

I had some troubles at the start, and my buddys 2, but now i have seen the Videos

This Logistic and Arty thing is impressive :)

Nice to be able to pour ya trucks with all the stuff u need in the Danger zone hehehehe

Gonna try that out in a moment....

ehmmmm...? question, can you get the small stuff onboard a Blackhawk 2

Or chinook...? like you do in the truck's...? sorry my bad if someone already asked but did not saw it nowhere....???

I mean, U get TOW's Mortars AA pods and other small stuff inside the blackhawk or chinook, so u dont have to cary the container around...?

Would be nice for Insertions behind enemy line, get the Blackhawk, fill it up quick with the stuff you need...? fly over there, land, get the stuff you need out and go go go go?

Would be quicker instead loading containers, then get the helo and then go go go go.?

but ok i understand fully if people got enough time to start the mission :)

This is fun with Coop maps against AI :)

Nice work.......

@weroedv :

Mission file received. The installation looks good. I'll try it and search what's wrong if any this week end (no time ATM).

@UGLY58 :

Try this : http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1713051&postcount=402

If it a spawned ship or LHD, beware to exec the SatPhone script after that the ship is fully spawned.

Let me know if it works... will study/fix that this week end if needed.

Gnats new ships have working guns on them, anyone clever enough to get these working as Naval Gunfire support ?

Interesting, I'll check what kind of gun it is and add it in the arty config if possible.

Which addon (A2/OA/BAF/...) ? Which island or vehicle ?

@Mac_Spliff=ISK= :

Yes you can load/lift/tow/move most of the objects with most of the vehicles.

This is a generic system which can handle any types of objects. If you think that an object or a vehicle should have some logitics features but haven't it yet, simply edit the configuration file.

but ok i understand fully if people got enough time to start the mission

Do you mean you want to automatically pre-load the stuff in the vehicles at the mission start ?

There is at the moment no "official" way to do that but there is a tip you can find in this thread.

Edited by madbull

Hi again - I was just going through this thread - Is there any way to expand this distance? - I would like to be able to operate the artillery computer from a longer distance than 100 ft from the artillery pieces... - In what script can I find to edit this...?

The command quarter has to be within 100 ft of the battery to be able to reload. So when you place an AI battery you need the sat phone there as well.

Cheers...