Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

Yes, it'll be released today.

It's sunday, 18:20 in France, few hours left. I just finished to work for my real job as my six last week-ends.

The release will be here in appx 4 hours :D

and one more question,

anyone knows how to disable new BIS's artillery computer interface which appeared after 1.54 patch? it makes aiming unrealistic.

The release will be here in appx 4 hours

cool :)

anyone knows how to disable new BIS's artillery computer interface which appeared after 1.54 patch?

The v1.5 will do that thanks to the enableEngineArtillery command.

New version release v1.5 :

OA patch 1.54 non-backward-compatibility issue resolved.

We are now able to send orders to AI as we already could for players !

MLRS and BM-21 Grad can be used with the ballistics computer !

There are different charges to shoot at different range for each artillery piece.

Changelog :

v1.5

- Added : the AIs can now receive and execute a fire order

- Added : virtual magazines system wich allows to add different charges and effects without addon

- Added : MLRS and BM-21 Grad ballistics calculation for AA:OA and AA:CO 1.54+

- Added : config variables to give access to the artillery computer from inside or outside

- Added : the M109 gun from the vilas' project '85 is in the default configuration

- Fixed : compatibility with the OA 1.54 patch

- Fixed : UTF-8 encoding for the language files

- Improved : source optimization and beautification

Download the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic and its demo.

AI can't execute orders if target is more than ~6km away. Charges for 9000m or 12000m don't make any diffference. Or did I something wrong?

Could someone check it?

@ufoman :

Which game (A2/OA/CO ?), which addon (ACE ?), which mission (original demo ?) ?

Should works anyway. It has been tested under any game configuration.

Could you write a detailed description of your manipulations ?

I use OA with ACE, demo mission on Takistan.

I used this artillery for long time, and I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong ;)

To sum up, AI can't execute fire order when it is away more than ~6000m.

Procedure is:

1. Setting battery position

2. Setting target position

3. Setting ammo type with charges for 12000m

4. After computing it shows me target is 9872m away

5. Sending fire orders

6. "RELOADING" message appears from AI

7. About 30sec passes away, and then shows notification saying AI can't execute order

Everything works when target is closer than 6000m.

Edited 22:41

I've just checked demo version on Chernarus, it works perfect, but Takistan still not ;)

Edited by ufoman

Thanks for the info.

It has been hotfixed. Please re-download the version 1.5.

Sometimes AI won't aim correctly/accurately. This case never appears during the test.

Hi madbull

Im getting an error on compute that no firing table exists for m119 ammo. this is in your stock missions included. It says "no existing range table for this ammo". Am using the unpboed file.

"the AIs can now receive and execute a fire order" yeeesss excellent news, I will try it soon

thanks

bravo aux R3F

Excellent addon R3F!

A quick question I could not see in the pdf, can we designate the artillery control out a truck, backpack or any object we chose?

Wow madbull thank you for the AI capability!!! I've been hoping this day would come!

You are my hero! :D

Madbull firstly thanks for this, just finished testing on our server and it is fantastic, is there any explanation on getting the virtual ammo working i.e. smoke, I have found changing the arty config file and adding the smoke lets me see it in the computer but I don't see any smoke on impact wondering where I am going wrong.

Good news :) Thanks for 1.5 :)

sorry for writing about a bug. it works now. my fault.

Edited by McArcher

I love it. Thanks again for the 109. Works great for me.

"MLRS and BM-21 Grad can be used with the ballistics computer !" I cant seem to get the MLRS to work. I have no tables for it and I have no computer when I get in as gunner. I tried both the army and usmc mlrs. I use ACE with CO

@gunterlund21 :

That's strange. Which game (A2/OA/CO ?), which addon (ACE ?), which mission (original demo ?) ?

I can't produce your issue. How do you exactly proceed ? Thanks for the report.

@CaptainBravo :

For a single object :

this addAction ["<t color=""#dddd00"">Artillery computer</t>", "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", ""];

For a whole class name :

See the new config variable R3F_ARTY_CFG_calculateur_interne and R3F_ARTY_CFG_calculateur_externe in the file "R3F_LOG\config.sqf"

@[XDF]Banksy :

Smoke, illumi and any effect different than HE is not yet implemented. The virtual magazine system will allow this king of charges. It will come in a future version.

@McArcher :

I saw your "fake" bug report. You missed to remove "player" before "hint" ;)

BTW... player globalChat doesn't broadcast the message to all players. You don't need to use the hint command as you mentioned.

@mia389 :

The MLRS and BM-21 Grad can only works with OA 1.54+ without ACE. Because ACE uses the old rocket ballistics and OA 1.54+ uses a simpler ballistics.

Madbull, there is problem with a map on Chernarus(haven't checked Takistan yet).

Coordinates in computer don't match with map.

Example:

arma2oa2010092021091502.th.jpg

arma2oa2010092021092549.th.jpg

As we can see, on computer we have 0365 1031.

But on the map it really is 0366 0504.

Using map-click it matches 0504 as 1032.

@ufoman :

Holy crap, you're right. I missed to edit the config variable R3F_ARTY_CFG_hauteur_ile in the "R3F_LOG\config.sqf" when I copied/pasted the directory.

You can easily fix it yourself. It'll be fixed in the next version.

ok here is the poop.

I tried this with and without ACE. ACE seems to be the problem. Im using combined arms with ACE 391 and 1.54.72967. I consistently get the cant find table message with ACE. Im using your generic missions for Chernarus and Takistan. It works fine without ace.

i have searched and searched so im guessing this is the right place.... i don't understand why im getting this error when i or other players try to look at the contents of a vehicle..... "r3f_log_dlg_contenu_vehicle not found"

thank you.

hey, great mod thank you for your efforts mod team.

I have one quick question though, how do I get the ammo change to work like swithing to WP or the other types?

hey, great mod thank you for your efforts mod team.

I have one quick question though, how do I get the ammo change to work like swithing to WP or the other types?

It's not yet implemented. It will be in future versions.

Nicolai

oh rgr that, there was me thinkin I'd broke something.

Excellent news though thank you, will the WP look like WP or will it have the regular HE explosion?