Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

The next update is coming very soon.

The R3F is testing the release candidate since few days.

For the MLRS you've to wait some time.

Current changelog for the next release :

v1.4 (not yet released)

- Added : compatibility to ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead + Combined Operations

- Added : the Arrowhead (and ArmA 2) objects are now in the logisitics default config

- Added : the ACE OA objects are now in the logisitics default config

- Improved : the artillery system now manages both north-west and south-west origin coord systems

- Added : many new island heights are listed in the config file

- The stringtable.csv is replaced by a simpler alternative system

- Fixed : script warning when a JIP player was not fully initialized

thanks for the update! looking forward to the release.

Will the next update work with OA Standalone?

FPDR

Quote:

v1.4 (not yet released)

- Added : compatibility to ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead + Combined Operations

- Added : the Arrowhead (and ArmA 2) objects are now in the logisitics default config

- Improved : the artillery system now manages both north-west and south-west origin coord systems

this mod rocks!, how much am I going to have to change in my mission when 1.4 comes out to implement it? or will it be the same just updated files? - Not that I'm worried, the tutorial last time was easy too :)

Awsome work again on the new comming update. But please dont bring it out before the MLRS and the GRAD are working. Oww and don't forget the Striker with the big gun. If you could have those 3 vehicels to work... It will be heaven. :)

The mgs stryker is not an artillery piece....

The mgs stryker is not an artillery piece....

Hmm it isn't?? Than what is it for.. cause i could find no other application than shooting buildings with it. It's totally useless against tanks and gets shot really quick by RPG fire. I rather don't have this thing close where the battle is. And its pretty weird that it can put it's gun almost 80% up if it ain't some kind of arty piece?

But if it's not a arty piece than forget about it.

Hmm it isn't?? Than what is it for.. cause i could find no other application than shooting buildings with it. It's totally useless against tanks and gets shot really quick by RPG fire. I rather don't have this thing close where the battle is. And its pretty weird that it can put it's gun almost 80% up if it ain't some kind of arty piece?

But if it's not a arty piece than forget about it.

he Stryker Mobile Gun System carries a 105mm cannon, the same gun tube as the one on the original M-1 Abrams tank. This is not a tank replacement, but it gives a direct fire capability to support the infantry elements. The principal function of the Mobile Gun System (MGS) is to provide rapid and lethal direct fires to support assaulting infantry. The MGS is a key weapons overmatch platform to ensure mission success and survivability of the Combined Arms Company.
The Stryker Mobile Gun System [MGS] will employ four types of 105mm tactical ammunition. High explosive/high explosive plastic (HE/HEP) ammunition will destroy hardened enemy bunkers, machinegun and sniper positions, and create openings in walls through which infantry can pass. Kinetic energy (KE) ammunition will be employed to destroy a variety of Level II armored vehicles. High explosive, anti-tank (HEAT) ammunition is well suited to defeat a variety ofthin-skinned vehicles and provide fragmentation effects. Finally, anti-personnel (canister) ammunition will defeat attacking dismounted infantry in the open. HE/HEP, KE and HEAT each have or will have complementary training ammunition.

I think it's meant to be a simple infantry support weapon. Rather than call in artillery on a sniper, the MGS can deal with it, or if a light vehicle comes up on you, the MGS can swivel and fire. It's basically meant to be a heavy fire support unit inside of a Stryker Brigade, so that they can have a punch that can keep up with them, and is a part of their unit, instead of having to detail some M2A2s or M1A2s.

Fantasic mod.... .. thanks for the hard work..

Question... is it possible to easily turn logistic off and leave arty fully functioning ?

I commented out #include "R3F_LOG\init.sqf"... and the arty controls did not work.... will check again.. maybe a typo

Edited by gonk

New version release v1.4 :

Compatible to ArmA 2 (alone) + Operation Arrowhead (alone) + Combined Operations (A2 + OA) + ACE Arrowhead !

Compatible with both north-west and south-west origin based GPS coordinates systems !

No more difficulties with the stringtable.csv (new alternative system) !

Changelog :

v1.4

- Added : compatibility to ArmA 2 (alone) + Operation Arrowhead (alone) + Combined Operations (A2 + OA)

- Added : we can now remove the logistics system (like we already could with the artillery part)

Download the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic and its demo.

WOW ! Jarheads sound mod and now madbull releases arty and logistics mod ! What a sweet day !

Thanks madbull .... downloading right away !

Hi Madbull

Of course jumped into this head first. A couple of things. In MP on Zargabad Im not getting the action text on my action menu. Im using a vehicle as the arty base with

this addAction [("<t color="#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "", "vehicle player != player]

however the system works still. Also Im seeing my name in the gunner list twice on the interface. Also the red dots are not tracking where Im hitting. they show where Im firing from. Now I dont need the stringtable anymore correct?

Awesome! my workaround before this update was a script for a crate full of weapons (not cool, just messy) this will be great to implement, thanks Madbull!

Madbull,

Thanks for the hard work and re-release, appreciated

cool.. 1.4 answer my question.... thanks!!

Hi Madbull

Of course jumped into this head first. A couple of things. In MP on Zargabad Im not getting the action text on my action menu. Im using a vehicle as the arty base with

this addAction [("<t color="#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "", "vehicle player != player]

however the system works still. Also Im seeing my name in the gunner list twice on the interface. Also the red dots are not tracking where Im hitting. they show where Im firing from. Now I dont need the stringtable anymore correct?

(email)

Madbull

Here is a copy of the mission in question. Its big due to Mando system in it. Before the latest version the arty system worked fine so its not the other scripts Im pretty sure. Your system works but has some querks including no entries in action menu and double entry on the player list in the arty calc screen. go in as the mortar platoon leader and get into the hmmv hq vehicle. Let me know what you think. Still a work in progress but love your system. Its brilliant.

After many minutes to try to deal with ACE + DAC + MEDEVAC + ... crash my game twice, ...

I tried your mission. The arty & log works fine.

I have no missing or double entries in the action menu.

Logistics is ok.

Arty is ok.

The red dot markers of shell impacts are close from the gunner because you use the arty BIS module. Quoting the installation guide :

Note : It is not neccessary and not recommanded to use the BIS ArmA 2 artillery module with this R3F's manual artillery system.

BIS arty delete any fired shell and replace it by a proxy.

About the addAction command, replace it by this :

this addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvr ir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "", "vehicle player != player"]

There is no more stringtable.csv or .xml, so you can't use localize, but the new alternative system which consist of scripting string variables.

thanks for looking over the mission. the red dots are working now. The addaction command you listed has typos but it also works. Ill check my action menu again and try to run a fraps and send it.

Information for French users only about the UTF-8 strings encoding :

Le fichier R3F_LOG\fr_strings_lang.sqf est encodé en ANSI et non en UTF-8. Cela pose des problèmes d'affichage pour les caractères accentués.

Pour remédier au problème en attendant la prochaine version, vous pouvez convertir l'encodage du fichier R3F_LOG\fr_strings_lang.sqf en utilisant par exemple Notpad++ :

Menu > Format > Convertir en UTF-8 puis Menu > Fichier > Enregistrer

Edited by madbull

Is there a simple way to get this working with AI gunners?

Excellent script Madbull - finding this has opened up the chance for me to make a mission I have been considering for months..

A couple of questions -

Im trying to place a sat phone on the deck of a carrier but no matter what I do with setpos it falls through. Is there any way round this?

With the logistics set up is there a way to make certain bunkers etc non movable so players cant start stealing scenery etc? Also is there a way for say only the Squad Leader to have the ability to move and pack stuff?

First must I dagen it is a very good work!

Thus to my problem, I try since few meet… into the current evolution 5,4 to build. Since I do not know whether it on evo or R3F, here does my question lie that does lie it, the ranking system no longer functioned?

Do I have still which to change over?