Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

@gunterlund21 :

The simplest way is to distinguish the slot of the player and not the fact that he has a PRC.

As you already quoted me, you can do like that :

YOUR_OBJECT_OR_PLAYER addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true];

Is this way ok for your problem ?

@UGLY58 :

I used this one : http://rte.jonasscholz.de/blog/2009/08/25/csvtoxml

It can crashed when you put some bad parameters on the console, but it works if you *find* the good values.

Another way (the worst) : convert manualy

@tromac :

I don't know this kind of script. But it's "easy" to make.

Several month ago, when I was trying to make Ai able to execute fire missions, I wrote a script like that :

azimuth = 265.95;
elevation = 48.27;

gun doWatch [
	(getPos gun select 0) + (sin azimuth)*(cos elevation)*1000,
	(getPos gun select 1) + (cos azimuth)*(cos elevation)*1000,
	(getPos gun select 2) + (sin elevation)*1000
];
sleep 10;
gun fire (typeOf gun);

It requires a canon named "gun" with an AI as gunner. But the accuracy is bad.

You need to destroy the (inaccurate) fired shell and spawn a new accurate one (at the muzzle position and with the desired accurate setVelocity [x, y, z]).

Hi Madbull thanks for the help. Unfortunately I dont think that solves my problem. Because if I die dont I lose the ability to use the system. I want to associate the system to an object like the sat phone without the tent and all but I also want to start the mission with that device loaded in a truck. In particular I want a radio backpack to be the arty device a player has to carry in order to use the arty system. I want the backpack to start loaded in the back of an AAV.

Is the PRC a "vehicle" in the arma world or something attach to the unit ?

Because if I die dont I lose the ability to use the system.

Use a classic respawn system :

while {true} do
{
waitUntil {!alive player};
waitUntil {alive player};
// the addActions
};

There is no official way to preload a vehicle, but you can try this :

waitUntil {!isNil "R3F_LOG_active"};

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_PRELOAD;
call compile preprocessFile "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_selection.sqf";

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_PRELOAD_2;
call compile preprocessFile "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_selection.sqf";

Is the PRC a "vehicle" in the arma world or something attach to the unit ?

Use a classic respawn system :

while {true} do
{
waitUntil {!alive player};
waitUntil {alive player};
// the addActions
};

There is no official way to preload a vehicle, but you can try this :

waitUntil {!isNil "R3F_LOG_active"};

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_PRELOAD;

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_PRELOAD_2;

No I think the PRC is a weapon that the soldier carries versus the mortar that is classed as a vehicle.

Add the addAction to the PRC "vehicle" ...... or on the unit with the addAction respawn script.

Thanks for the response man. I'm gonna check it out tonight. PS i still have my dedicated serer problem. When i host a game myself everything works correctly for everybody.

But when i put it on our server i can't pick up the satphone or load it. Also ic an't pick up certain objects like Road markers, fuel drums.. and a cople more. All the sandbags, static guns, bunkers, tank barriers and flag poles are working.

Also my mission is on Duala. And have problems manually putting in coordinates. When i click on the map it works fine. Unless you are on a D-30 on top of a hill.I try'd to find the solution. But what do you mean check your installation and configuration? Most of your explanations in your scripts are in French. So its diffecult to me to find my way around it. Or is there somebody that can help me fix it?

Greetings Winchester.

Hi madbull,

just want to drop by a BIG THANKS!

Your Script is so great and improved my missions and our domination so much!

I don't know if anybody said that before but my mate had the idea that things you load into an aircraft can be dropped, as supply drop! I think this is an awesome idea! Currently i have created a sepperate script for that! Maybe you like that and can add it in a future version! ;)

Edited by sxp2high

Hi madbull,

just want to drop by a BIG THANKS!

Your Script is so great and improved my missions and our domination so much!

I don't know if anybody said that before but my mate had the idea that things you load into an aircraft can be dropped, as supply drop! I think this is an awesome idea! Currently i have created a sepperate script for that! Maybe you like that and can add it in a future version! ;)

Thats something i was trying a cople day's ago. I tought it was possible allready LoL. Is there a possibility you can allready make that script public on here.

Hmm, i think you got me wrong winchester...

My script is actually not using the R3F cargo system. (i failed on this one, because its all french - lol)

Its completely separate. On the other hand it would be crappy without R3F's script. Because you have to carry the objects to the vehicle... :D

Well, i posted it anyway. If you still want to take a look at it: here you go

Edited by sxp2high

@Winchester Delta_1 :

I still don't know why it doesn't work on your dedicated. I'm pretty sure there is a server addon or a script in the mission which make trouble with the R3F logistics system.

About Duala and its coordinates, it's normal that it doesn't fully work with the current version.

By "checking your installation and configuration", I mean the config.sqf files and the installation procedure (init.sqf, description.ext, ...).

@sxp2high :

Thanks for the feed back. It's always sweet.

Your script looks interesting. As I said on your thread, I was unable to download it.

Has anyone been able to get a script that allows AI gunners to copy a player gunner's elevation and azimuth? I have tried this with the M119 but no go and couldn't get it to work with the R3F script anyway (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89428&highlight=Artillery+Officer )

I'm really wanting to get extra AI gunners in action to use a full battery in our missions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

OH Boy Madbull I hope your ready for some more work. I saw a pic from Arrowhead of a stryker with a mortar... Definitely going to need to integrate :-)

Of course I will integrate the new AA:OA objects and vehicles ASAP ;)

You can also hope the ACE objects in the default config and some enhancements.

Madbull,

There is an M109 at 155m around somewhere and the PZH2000 at 155mm.

Anyone done a 155m ammunition addition for R3F Artillery ?

Madbull did you hook with the guys from Red Hammer Studios. I think they were interested in your system with their new addons. Also did anyone ever get this to work with Duala

Has anyone been able to get a script that allows AI gunners to copy a player gunner's elevation and azimuth? I have tried this with the M119 but no go and couldn't get it to work with the R3F script anyway (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89428&highlight=Artillery+Officer )

I'm really wanting to get extra AI gunners in action to use a full battery in our missions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Released on armaholic, should work with all artillery; M119, D30, mortars etc,

Would probably even work on a tank but I haven't tried.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=10819&n=last#bottom

From me, another request for changing priority of "add the capabilities to send fire orders to AI" to higher one.

More real players on a field than in front of cannon.

Got Logistics working in OA.

altitude for Takistan is:

R3F_ARTY_CFG_hauteur_ile = 19616; //Takistan

Got everything working but of course map coordinates are now the RL way round increasing the numbers northward. This seems to make fire solutions incalculable. Altitude differences can now be huge, I note from the own position GPS that it only takes three figures but requires 4, either that or OA is now in feet, not sure which yet.

Apart from those it all works, no crashes and it will calculate when you find a grid in range but its north/south reversed.

Madbull, if you can swap your southings for northings and figure altitude looks like your excellent script works in OA !

Edited by UGLY58

when i check vehicle contents i get this r3f_log_dlg_contenu_vehicule not found can someone help

Got Logistics working in OA.

altitude for Takistan is:

R3F_ARTY_CFG_hauteur_ile = 19616; //Takistan

Got everything working but of course map coordinates are now the RL way round increasing the numbers northward. This seems to make fire solutions incalculable. Altitude differences can now be huge, I note from the own position GPS that it only takes three figures but requires 4, either that or OA is now in feet, not sure which yet.

Apart from those it all works, no crashes and it will calculate when you find a grid in range but its north/south reversed.

Madbull, if you can swap your southings for northings and figure altitude looks like your excellent script works in OA !

right on. Cant wait to get this back in action.

Madbull,

Are you looking into an OA version ?

I am soooo missing this script.

Are you looking into an OA version ?

Yes, I'm working on. It'll come soon.

Madbull,

Thanks be great to get this up and running on the OA maps, my artillery battery is having to work as infantry who would have thought !