Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

It should work.

The class names are probably not the exact ones.

I think you're using this addon : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8580

So the right class names are :

- vil_m109_sph

- vil_m113a2

What is DDAM ? It seems to be only an ArmA 1 project.

The classes should be right :) DDAM is a danish addon with danish units/weapons/vehicles currently in a closed beta version... I might have used the wrong magazineClasses for the calculation but that shouldnt prevent it from being shown should it? that would only make the calculation wrong...

If

R3F_ARTY_CFG_pieces_artillerie = ["M119", "D30_Base", "M252", "2b14_82mm", "DDAMM113MTD", "DDAM_vil_m109_sph"]; 

is right, then you should have the new ammo types in the arty computing interface.

If "tables\table_M105_et_DDAM_vil_m109_sph.sqf" is wrong (i.e. you used a wrong magazine class name), then the arty computer will say you that there is no table for the selected ammo.

Does the M113 SPH and M109 have the arty features (i.e. aiming interface and reload actions menu) ?

I get that display in the DDAM_vil_m109_sph... not the DDAMM113MTD I kinda surspect im using the wrong class on that... ive mailed the addon creator...

Does the arti ammo interface automaticly find the ammo types for the unit in the array?

I get that display in the DDAM_vil_m109_sph... not the DDAMM113MTD I kinda surspect im using the wrong class on that... ive mailed the addon creator...

Ok. You can also find them yourself by opening the config.cpp or "unRaping" the config.bin (with the unRap software).

Does the arti ammo interface automaticly find the ammo types for the unit in the array?

Yes it does. All compatible magazine types are automatically detected for each artillery pieces. Even if there is no arty table associated.

Orh christ sorry madbull I must have looked wrong in the list... there is an M119A3 wich is the "DDAM_vil_m109_sph" ... an it have an ammo type called M760HE so that looks to work... the problem must be with the armed personel carrier with the morter... the class name must be wrong :) Thx for the help again m8... im really looking forward putting this script in good use :)

Good day. I have one problem. I want to use your script in the PvP mode game. But as you know, use your script separately for players of different parties can not (general list of players in operator list and the general variables: (). What can you recommend a solution to our problem?

And (if not solve the first problem): How can I disable the artillery for the conventional slots without shutting down the entire system including logistics?

Sorry for my English, but I can give you a Russian localization of your script if you need it. :)

Don't worry, your english is well understandable ;)

You can "easily" display only the player name of your own side. I didn't think about that.

I suggest you to replace the line 28 in R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\dlg_chef_batterie\preremplir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf which is :

if (isPlayer _x && alive _x) then

By this new line :

if (isPlayer _x && alive _x && (side _x == side player)) then

Let me know if it works fine and solves your problem.

New version release v1.3 :

Changelog :

v1.3

- Improved : Lightweightness of the logistics (objects auto-detection)

- Improved : Fire solution search algorithm (max duration decreased and script warning removed)

- Fixed : Something seemed to make the ArmA 2 game engine unstable on specific computer configurations

- Only the players in the same faction are now displayed in the arty computer interface

- Help in the arty computer interface slightly improved

The backward compatibility with the previous version 1.2 is fully guaranted.

You only have to delete and replace the "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG" folder in your existing mission.

If you edited the config.sqf files, keep yours, they are still compatible with the v1.3.

If you generated pre-computed artillery tables, keep them too.

Download the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic and its demo.

Read also the updated TODO list in the first message of this thread.

Edited by madbull

Any chance to see just the logistics part as an addon soon?

@Kroky :

> "Any chance to see just the logistics part as an addon soon? "

Maybe in the future. But there are many things to do before.

This subject was already discussed. The task is at the end of the TODO list.

@Foxhound :

And thanks too for your good job ;)

@Kremator & @seansharlos :

Thanks too ;)

The [R3F] Artillery and Logistic will be improved even more in the next months. A clear and complete documentation is now at the highest priority.

The [R3F] Artillery and Logistic will be improved even more in the next months. A clear and complete documentation is now at the highest priority.

To be honest, I didn't see much of a problem with the original documentation, but hey, I'm sure it's not gonna hurt anything. :)

Thx for the new version and informing us!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic [1.3] by madbull

Hey madbull. I'm trying to integrate your beautiful scripts with gonza and l'etranger Virtual Training System and can get the logistics part working fine but I cannot get any satphones to operate as arty computers. I've tried including the init but no dice. If you could help me out that would be wonderful.

Many thanks mate.

Edited by Kremator

@Kremator :

Send me a MP which includes a download link of your WIP mission and some additionnal details if needed.

I'll have a look on it.

Hey Madbull awsome script you made. I have been reading your forum topic on here about the mod and try to find out how to include the MLRS and make it work with your script. I can allready choose the MLRS in your interface but it requires a range table for that. I followed the maual about "How to add a new ammunition type ?" but i get flawed data.

This is what i get in my .RPT file:

****** DEBUT DE LA TABLE ******/
[
// Meta-donnees
[
	0, // Vitesse initiale
	-0, // Coefficient de frottement
	// Liste des paliers d'altitudes d'impact
	any,
	// Liste des angles d'elevation
	[
Error in expression <vation = 0}, {_indice_elevation < count _liste_elevations}, {_indice_elevation =>
 Error position: <_liste_elevations}, {_indice_elevation =>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _liste_elevations
	]
],
// Donnees
[
Error in expression < = 0}, {_indice_altitude_impact < count _liste_altitudes_impact}, {_indice_altit>
 Error position: <_liste_altitudes_impact}, {_indice_altit>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _liste_altitudes_impact
]
]
/****** FIN DE LA TABLE ******/ 

Or am i such a noob i mistaken this for flawed data.

P.S. Don't get me wrong.. i don't try to load the MLRS into another vehicel. I just want to make it useable with the arty script you made. Has somebody the range table files for the MLRS? Or can somebody make it for me? Would be highle appreciated.

This is the MLRS classname i used:

12Rnd_MLRS and i also try'd ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270 just incase.

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

hey madbull. Sent PM with mission. Hope you can help with the integration.

Kind regards

Kremator

@Kremator :

Ok I downloaded your mission. I can't run it at the moment because I haven't the mando missile addon.

I had a look on the different files and here are some questions/advises :

- put the

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

at the first line of the init.sqf. There are lots of code and lots of waitUntil in your init.sqf. Maybe the arty & log is never (or in late) initialized.

- I can't see where you create a Satphone. Not in the mission .sqm and not found the "Satphone" keyword in all the scripts expect in the variable "objects_object". I can't find where this variable is used (search with this keyword returns nothing).

- be sure to execute at least on the server (client is not needed) the following code for all spawned Satphone :

nul = [this] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\create_arty_quarter.sqf";

Give me more details about how you spawn Satphone.

@Winchester Delta_1 :

Ok, there are two problems.

The first one is a "problem" which appears in this new version 1.3. I forget to update the documentation about a point :

You must to add a "sleep 3;" before the code which launch the generation of the table.

So in your init.sqf you must have something like this :

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

sleep 3; // <- NEW in the version 1.3
startLoadingScreen ["Computing..."]; // Permits to compute very faster
[
   // Méta-données (meta-data)
   [
       getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> "12Rnd_MLRS" >> "initSpeed"),
       -(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> (getText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> "12Rnd_MLRS" >> "ammo")) >> "airFriction")),
       R3F_ARTY_table_altitude_impact_defaut,
       R3F_ARTY_table_angles_defaut
   ],
   // Données  (data)
   [] // Vide, sortie (empty, output)
] call compile preprocessFile "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\calcul_balistique\generer_table.sqf";
endLoadingScreen; // <- DON'T forget this line !

The second problem is that you can't use the MLRS ammo with the ballistic computer. MLRS shoots rockets and not shells. The ballistics formulas are different and the current arty & log system can't compute this.

That's why you can read in the TODO list :

- add the rockets balistic calculation (e.g. the MLRS ammo)

Hey madbull. Your logistics system works perfectly, which perhaps shows that everything IS fine, however, the VTS system is designed to spawn absolutely any object. As the GM I can spawn a SatPhone and put the init line onto it. The only option I get however is to be able to move it, not deploy it.

Can your system not deal with SatPhones not listed in mission.sqm at the start ?

Mandobles AMAZING work is here http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34358.0

If you can get the arty part working this will be a superb mission.

Many thanks

EDIT: All spawned arty pieces have the azimuth and elevation dialog. Its just getting the ballistics computer dialog to spawn. Is it possible to add this to another object rather than a satphone ?

EDIT2: Have been able to attach the function via addAction to a player and it is working very well.

Edited by Kremator

Madbull

A quick update on your arty system. Ive integrated it into a modifed version of Domination that has been enhanced with Ace2, Zeus AI system and Mandoble's Air Controller console. Ive set it so only the FAC in the mission has the ability to use the controller. It has allowed a few people to have a great time playing this mission on expert mode. Its made the odds of city capture more available and increased our enjoyment level tremendously. Thank you so much for creating this for Arma2. I just hope someday that someone will create WP for this system. Keep up the good work.

@gunterlund21 :

Thanks for this sweet feedback ;)

Yes, you can expect many improvements like WP and different charges.

@Kremator :

Ok I finally ran your mission.

All work fine.

I'm absolutely not an expert of VTS but it seems the "init line" of the object spawner form doesn't work as I expect ?

The solution to get an artillery HQ is to create the SatPhone and give it a name (and no init line). Then use the "command line" form to execute the following code :

R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet = THE_SATPHONE_NAME; execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\installer_poste.sqf";

This code is a trick to execute "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\create_arty_quarter.sqf" on the server via the order of the GM. It works very well.

I think VTS allows you to create a predefined script template to go faster and avoid to copy/paste the code.

> "Is it possible to add this to another object rather than a satphone ?"

Yes. Use the following code :

OBJECT_NAME addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf"];