Sign in to follow this  
Krudanze

ArmA 2 color mod

hello. i wanted to ask if theres any mod for changing colors in arma 2? graphics are beautiful but the colors look kinda bleached to me. when there is saving screen, colors of the game changes for a while and then the game looks just amazing. i would really love to play arma 2 in these colors but havent found any mod for changing them... can anybody help please?

Edited by Krudanze

I agree, when you save during the middle of the game the colours/lighting fade and look somewhat more realistic

I'm not sure, but I suspect theres some sort of filter in operation during play that's "dropped" temporarily during the save process and the effect you see is the game without the filter... You'd need to find out what fiters or FX - if any - are standard during play and then just disable them I guess - like Kegetys did with the "blur"FX in his NoBlur mod... It's just a question of knowing where to look... someone will figure it out...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

how about what i'm working on? is that what your looking for?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94254

No, Krudanze means the lovely intense (realistic IMO) colours of the world we see briefly in the background during the save screen. I'm desperate to have this permanently in the game as well!! Found this thread by entering "arma2 colors" into google - dropped out of a few hours session of play to look for exactly what Krudanze is asking about.

Hey I might have this worked out - will know for sure by day after tomorrow.

EDIT: Yep! The fix is to unpack missions.pbo and then edit the individual mission init.sqf files to either disable color correction ppeffectors - or tweak the rgb and contrast values to even further increase the saturation etc. You can also disable the film grain effector. I'm still tweaking and will post up my final ppeffector line by the weekend.

I've also unpacked chernarus.pbo and edited it to get rid of rabbits and to make grass longer - still need to see if making the grass longer will have too much negative effect on gameplay (it's nice and realistic tho). I'm also going to disable chickens - like rabbits they're a nice touch but aren't a big loss in return for freeing a bit of system resource - and I want to try and make all the brown trees and bushes into green ones (ie. disabling them or renaming to use green varieties).

Edited by Chumba

I'm also very interested in bringing more color to Arma2.

every time you quit a multiplayer mission and it begins to load to the server menu, it look absolutely beautiful! :eek:

Now I've followed the link to the PPeffects, but I would like to know if anyone had the exact setting (or similair) to the look it gets when you save/quit a mission.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't understand why they didn't make it look like this all the time, heh.

by the way, sorry for digging up an old thread.

Guys you might want to check out the built-in modules within the editor. Must admit I haven't tested them myself yet but based on this vid it would appear that your wishes may already be catered for.

(Watch from 4:10 onwards.)

Well, I was hoping more for just a mod that did it for all missions, so I didn't have to edit the particular one I'm thinking about, but it looks like I'll have to.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

I as well have dull colors in Arma 2 and especially in I44 mod. Is there anything i can do about this via config files perhaps? Messing with CCC does no good.

I believe "Movie night" module is what you're looking for. It was used in EW if that rings a bell.

This is how you make the colors brighter for your mission:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0,0,0,0],[0.3,0.3,0.3,1.5],[1,1,1,0]]

"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0

The bold value changes the effect's intensity.

I was looking for a color fix for the campaign. The mod that i linked did the trick.