Sign in to follow this  
usmc123

ArmA II bought from Morpicon/Petergames

Okay so when ArmA II was released I bought it from the European distributor Petergames (I'm American) because I simply couldn't wait. I downloaded, played it. Then like six months ago my PSU died, taking pretty much everything with it. So I got a new computer a few months ago, booted up ArmA and now I want to play ArmA II again so I contact Petergames, who doesn't reply, I'm assuming because I don't speak German. So I'm wondering if anybody bought from Petergames and knows how to obtain there downloader and reinstall ArmA II, which I paid in full and I would very much not like to dish out 50 more bucks just to play a game I already legally own.

Petergames/Morphicon is not the European distributor. 505 Games is. That's the version you should have bought. Doesn't that mean that your game was always in German? :confused:

Yes, my game was in German. At the time I was able to use a language fix but anyway I can't find a place to login on Petergames. Anyone know?

Figured it out, Petergames has a retarded 14 day policy where you can only download 14 days after purchase. Unless of course you pay 10 euros for a year long extension. Damn, looks like I have to go out and buy ArmA II which isn't available at retail anywhere near me.

Where do you live? If push comes to shove, buy it from Sprocket (which gives the most money back to BIS), or off of Steam. Don't trust Morphicon.

Figured it out, Petergames has a retarded 14 day policy where you can only download 14 days after purchase. Unless of course you pay 10 euros for a year long extension. Damn, looks like I have to go out and buy ArmA II which isn't available at retail anywhere near me.

Wow what a shit company, their entire business is probably built around people with your problem, hoping they'll lose the game and have to re-buy it. If you want to get the digital download version use something like Steam or Direct 2 Drive because you'll be able to re-download it whenever you want.

Wow what a shit company, their entire business is probably built around people with your problem, hoping they'll lose the game and have to re-buy it. If you want to get the digital download version use something like Steam or Direct 2 Drive because you'll be able to re-download it whenever you want.
Yeah, when I get it I'll probably get it off Steam since it is the best Digital Distributor I know.

so I contact Petergames, who doesn't reply, I'm assuming because I don't speak German.

No, because they stopped support for the german version 4 weeks after release. I've read it in the german support forums.

I suggest you contact Petergames support and see what they offer you.

However these forums are not the place to discuss their support policy, no matter how questionable it may be. :)

You may lock/delete the thread. I know that they have a 14 day policy and I have contacted them to no avail. I'll have to dish out 50 more dollars. Damn.