ZeroG

Resourcelink collection: How to make a map, beginning from the idea in your head

Hi guys,

Don't know if its just me being a mong but cant seem to get to the BIS tools page using the link on the first page of this thread. Also tried a couple of ohter ways and just keeps timing out. Anyone else have the same problem?

thnx for checking Gnome AS but I still get a connection time out message weird. Maybe cos im using the local library t access will try elswhere

Does anyone know how to add river to already created .xyz terrain? I followed tutorial by ZeroG but when I improted everything into Visitor, I realised that river is missing(its only normal ground there).

Any way how to add river? I don´t want to go through whole creating process again.

Thanks.

Well you edit the river by hand in Buldozer and visitor. Depending on the surrounding terrain that may be the best solution. There is also a nice script which was obviously made by gnat (maybe i´m wrong) and is much better than the one that comes with visitor.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=64864

Would be nice if this great thing would be developed further... :(

Another way to edit your terrain in visitor is using roads and the smothing roads script from visitor....maybe you just search this forum since there was some discussion about height editing in buldozer and visitor quite a while ago.

have fun :)

Edited by Beton

I am sorry, but how exactly I can create river via Visitor/Bulldozer? I can´t see that option there.

Edit: I understand I have to edit(lower) height of selected area, but really don´t know how.

Edited by Pauliesss

Water should be automatically be everywhere where the land is below zero height.

Note that you can set an offset in the world config:

elevationOffset = 2000;

This will only effect the terrain height calculations (map, scripts) I think - yet this way

you have water/sea (not the artificial water surface objects) in high terrain.

You should open a thread for this Mondkalb - maybe even get it stickied - then there's a single place for all related Q&A...

B

Hello,

due to my own false I thought that BI-Tools download Link in this thread is the current Version.

But they are only an old Version not updated for arma2OA.

Is it possible to fix the link so that other users will not get same blame as me?

Link to correct file:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

Thank you :)

note, last version is 2.51 :)

JSP/JTP Bridge Position Finder

This is an excel file that my brother and I put together a few months ago (mostly my brother) because my new terrain has a lot of bridges on it and aligning them as annoying me. It doesn't tell you the position of the road but it will tell you coordinates of the next bridge piece after you place the first one and input the coordinates, angle, and length into the file. Only replace the numbers in the upper left box. The blacked out area has important information in it so don't mess with that. The next coordinates will appear in the box inside the black area. If you need to find the coordinates of a third piece just double the length in the upper left box. Hopefully this will work for you. You can use any* angle you want and it should work. *(there might be some kind of restriction on this we didn't think about)

Edited by Jakerod

Dear green beret: me da una paja terrible hacer un tuto... pero pásate por acá y pregunta por Minimalaco ... es tío es una máquina del follón hahahaha

this collection is awesome, but I suppose that most of those ressources are already out of date again. So we´d find some folks to care about that and either reedit (if it is necessary) or add more proper ressources. I also suggest to port that one over to the wiki.

I could help in some ways, who´d like to join?

nice tutorial after days serching how to do a Arma II map i started but the map i want to do is so big as it's a real class land (Sinai) in Agypt it's around W:240Km and H:400Km so it's a huge amount of land and as i read u need to place every thing in ..

So my Question is how to scal this to the half or even a quarter i used first (ASTER project) and then i used Global mapper and when i start to export to visitor it was like 12% and the file was bigger than 6GB

any one can help me to scal this to the 1/4 or to put it in 20480x20480 (~400km²)

Thanx and great work guys :)

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

I got it guys thanx

nice tutorial after days serching how to do a Arma II map i started but the map i want to do is so big as it's a real class land (Sinai) in Agypt it's around W:240Km and H:400Km so it's a huge amount of land and as i read u need to place every thing in ..

So my Question is how to scal this to the half or even a quarter i used first (ASTER project) and then i used Global mapper and when i start to export to visitor it was like 12% and the file was bigger than 6GB

any one can help me to scal this to the 1/4 or to put it in 20480x20480 (~400km²)

Thanx and great work guys :)

Great Work I found your tutorials such a help for arma2.

and Now I know a lot more about 3d max and dem,I cant wait to get stuck in as soon as I get my current projects finished

or I will never get anything done

Massive respect for taking the time to post this information

I found the link to part1 Dead but I found it here

ZGM ARMA 2 Map Making Tutorial PART 1.pdf

Edited by YutaniDesigns
Found a working Link for Part1