Sign in to follow this  
Wilburbeast

Dow/high command, and helicopters.

first i had to fly the Mi17 myself this time because the pilot would just fly right into a trees right out of the base. Why would i be able to buy units that cant even fly their aircraft?

I loaded a bunch of troops into the chopper and told them to join another team, so i could just drop them off. That doe not work. I tried every command in the menu that was available to them, and even tried to use the way point type to get them to jump out. Is there no way to control the transport of troops that aren't in your unit?

The other way that does work, when the pilot doesn't crash is to keep them in my team until they land and have all disembarked, then i tell them to join the other team. But whats the point of being a high commander if i have to hold their hands until they leave the chopper and point out their units to them?

The teams often just sit there as well, when given orders to move out. I have 2 fresh units that never saw combat because they never obeyed my move commands.

I really feel this high command stuff should have been left out until the expansion came out and it was working like the unit command.

So now im just going to start DOW over, and just use trucks or fast travel with guys in my team to reinforce the high command units. I just thought it would be cooler and more real to actually fly them there since i could build the stuff to do it with.

wilburbeast one advice could be to buy the troops you want, fly them to the battlefield, tell them to get out and then use "send units" command.

Once you send your units away you cannot give them such specific orders as get in / get out etc, only their squad leader can do that.

That's what i did at first but the pilots were crashing into trees before the chopper even left my base perimeter.

Sometimes the guy would manage to get to the LZ and it would work, but allot of times he would just sit there. Again, another point where i have to go babysit and fly the thing back, or just disband it.

I thought there was an " interact " command meant to get the high command units to do things like unload or rearm and stuff when near something that they could use. That's what the toilet paper of a manual said, but it never gets highlighted no matter what a unit is close to.

I haven't seen any useful commands for units. Why cant they share the same menu as your personal troops? Is there a defend command? so they actually use the defenses you build. Seems like only a few actually come manned, and it takes a while for the non player controlled guys to show up to get on them, if at all. I might be able to get the stuck units that wont move to re-spawn, then move them out from there maybe, but this is pretty game breaking considering how fun the rest of it was even with bugs. I has having a ball until the high command stuff hit.