Sign in to follow this  
massi

US Army Rangers retextured units

US ARMY RANGER for ArmA2

by massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Rangers to version 1.04. FINAL ARMA2 ONLY VERSION

As for my US Army Special Forces , I’m updating the Ranger pack with new ACU textures .

In this pack you’ll find also updated ACE optional config, that enable ACEX voice module, and updated replacement for vanilla USMC units and ACEX US Army units too.

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Ranger,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- US Army Rangers (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.04:

v1.04 date 29/Apr/2010

-Totally redone ACU textures.

-Updated some other textures.

-Updated ACE optional configs (enabled ACEX voices) and vanilla replacement.

-Added ACEX replacement that replace ACEX US Army units and SF, with my Rangers and SF.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Rangers (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Rangers (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace ranger weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my ranger classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my ranger classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Ranger ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Only if you want to use “Vanilla†or “ACE†unit’s replacements you’ll need my US Army Special Forces too.

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Download Links to version v. 1.04:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dncglunhtm2/US_Army _Ranger_v1.04.7z

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Nice work m8! Downloading!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1801426.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Edited by Marko112
Mirror added!

Wow this addon is totally awesome. Now i dont have to create RRRRRAAANGERS for arma2 as there is already a totally awesome addon. THanks! :yay::yay::yay:

And by the way:

kRiszcxN3Ys

Edited by Johannes

Thanks a lot for the nice comments and the mirrors :)

Johannes...the vid was awsome...I hope someone will release a Tyrannosaurus Rex to fight with ... and in next release I'll include stupid guns too :)

thanks to everybody

cheers

massi

At Ranger school me and Johannes fought tigers. TIGERS. We fought with all four James Bond's. We didn't fight with the fifth one because he's not a RANGERRR.

At Ranger school me and Johannes fought tigers. TIGERS. We fought with all four James Bond's. We didn't fight with the fifth one because he's not a RANGERRR.

Rofl...great work massi keep it up

Cool video, cool mod. I was a weak little bitch when I tabbed out, though. Very little nutrition, very little sleep, high op tempo completely destroyed alot of my body's fat and muscle content. It was especially tough when we had to fight the T-Rex armed with nothing but Bowie knives and pictures of Chuck Norris.

10/10 massi. Great job man! there should be a replacement pack of the rangers. Would love them instead of those crappy woodland MARPATs.

Awesome work!

And finally multicam.

Now we need Scars.

Roberthammer is working on SCAR's.

As requested I'm uploading a couple of "sliglty better" screens of my US Army Ranger units:

Edited by massi

...more Multicam:

I'll upload better screens as soon as my new PC arrives ...till then is the best I can do.

cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Ranger pack to version 1.01.

I’ve totally reworked the ACU, Multicam and Woodland texture, hope they’re better now !

For gameplay and realism reasons I modified some units gear , and I’ve totally redone the groups in order to upgrade and improve the selection in the editor, giving them different capability and specializzations, the Team Leader has now also a medic capability, in order to keep a good game balance.

As in previous version you will find in the editor the Ranger units sorted by:

- 75th Ranger(ACU): wearing ACU uniform.
- 75th Ranger(Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.
- 75th Ranger(Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.
- 75th Ranger(Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under: Bluefor - US Army Rangers (sorted by different camos) you'll find groups also under: Bluefor - US Army Rangers (same way).

Changelog.

v1.01 date 19/Feb/2010

-Totally redone ACU , Multicam and Woodland textures.

-Updated other textures.

-team leader has now medical ability for better gameplay.

-Totally redone groups organization for better gameplay.

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Hope you'll enjoy these units even more !

As always I’m waiting for feedback, advices, comments and problems!

Download Links:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qndyounkmmk/US_Army _Ranger_v1.01.7z

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/15625719/US_Army%20_Ranger_v1.01.7z

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Hi,

Super Skin I love it!

Gives it Replacements of it?

greez

thanks a lot !

I'll work in the next days on a replacement pack :)

cheers

massi

Dude, these are seriously nice!

Great work.