Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Need help for rescue mission!

Hey guys!!! I am making a mission where I am a spetz natz and have to rescue a hostage. The thing I want to do is place resistance snipers as terrorists. Gonna change they're weapons to AK-47. But Civilians = Resistance. So to make civilians not attack me I have to set Resistance friendly to everybody or to East. But then the resistance snipers (the terrorists) won't attack me :/.Yeah I can use Black Ops for terrorists but I prefer Resistance snipers. So is there anyway you can change the side of a unit? Please Help.

Thanks!!! :yay:

I take it the hostage is on the civilian side. So why just don't change the hostages side to OPFOR and set him as captive?

To make the hostage on OPFOR side you either place a russian unit with its presence set to 0 and group the both. Or you edit the mission.sqm, search for the hostage unit and change the side from "CIV" to "EAST". Note that if change the side in the mission.sqm you can't edit the units properties again in the editor or it is replaced with a russian soldier.

First you need to give the hostage a name (if you haven't already), here we use captive1. Then set the hostage status to captive. Type below line in the captives initialization line:

captive1 setCaptive true

You also might set his behaviour to careless and disable his move ability so he doesn't run away:

captive1 setCaptive true; captive1 setBehaviour "CARELESS"; captive1 disableAI "MOVE"

Once you secured the hostage, you can revert above with:

captive1 setCaptive false; captive1 setBehaviour "AWARE"; captive1 enableAI "MOVE"

Oh yeah and it's "Spetsnaz", not "spetz natz" :p

Edit:

I just noticed this is for OFP... enableAI does not work here so please ignore that part.

Edited by W0lle

I take it the hostage is on the civilian side. So why just don't change the hostages side to OPFOR and set him as captive?

To make the hostage on OPFOR side you either place a russian unit with its presence set to 0 and group the both. Or you edit the mission.sqm, search for the hostage unit and change the side from "CIV" to "EAST". Note that if change the side in the mission.sqm you can't edit the units properties again in the editor or it is replaced with a russian soldier.

First you need to give the hostage a name (if you haven't already), here we use captive1. Then set the hostage status to captive. Type below line in the captives initialization line:

captive1 setCaptive true

You also might set his behaviour to careless and disable his move ability so he doesn't run away:

captive1 setCaptive true; captive1 setBehaviour "CARELESS"; captive1 disableAI "MOVE"

Once you secured the hostage, you can revert above with:

captive1 setCaptive false; captive1 setBehaviour "AWARE"; captive1 enableAI "MOVE"

Oh yeah and it's "Spetsnaz", not "spetz natz" :p

Edit:

I just noticed this is for OFP... enableAI does not work here so please ignore that part.

OKAY!!! Thanks alot. I will try it. I know it's "Spetsnaz" but in OFP it's Spetz Natz.:eek: