Sign in to follow this  
DArmstrong

Force Ai to man mounted weapons?

Is there an existing sqs or sqf to keep the ai, friendly and enemy, maning amounted weapons like the machinegun nest fortifications?. I seem to remember one from the Operation Flashpoint days. I can't eem to locate one for ArmA2? Thanks...DA

Here's a quick one i've been always using in ofp.

Have a few men to build a group (4/5 or so) - place them near the empty

gun and give them a GetIn waypoint attached onto the gun - open fire - combat.

Now when the gunner gets killed, remaining men of the group will remount the gun

until no one left.

Those who are not in the gun will fight the enemy aswell - it's always the group leader unit who mounts the gun - so no worries about the others moving too far away.

~S~ CD

Place the following into the init of the unit:

this moveingunner gun1

Whereas gun1 is the name of the machinegun/nest/armored vehicle.

If you want them to stay in all the time, lock the gun after the unit is inside.

I'm not so common with new features behind OFP due to ARMA 1 not

impressing me at the start so i've skipped it and hopped back in to ARMA 2

last weekend.

The technique i showed above is if you want to have quick a few men into

fixed positions and to remount them automatically without having to make

too much extra work.

AnimalMother92's solution does look much more like what you need in that case. ;)

~S~ CD

Check out GL4 as well. It has a feature that units will man any static weapon or mounted vehicle if it's open and even abandon. It really works well. That whole Mod adds some excellent enhancements to the AI. If definitely worth a look. Even if it's just to check out how SNKMAN scripted the features. The guy really knows his s^&t!

Thank you all. RL took me out of action for a while but I am back at it again. Thanks for all the help. I have a mission where I need a few AI to defend a position until us live players arrive and then to help man the mounted or static weapons while we fight off a few waves of enemy. Thanks again...da

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Even if it's just to check out how SNKMAN scripted the features. The guy really knows his s^&t!

Roger that Manzilla. SNKMAN rocks.