Sign in to follow this  
caprera

missing addon = editor doesen't load

I worked on a mission and nearly finished it when i decided to try an addon that seemed interesting for my plans (Georgian Otokan Cobra).

When i saw there were still problems and that it looked "out of place" i took it out and cancelled the only one i put in the mission.

Then yesterday i loaded the map again to insert the remaining empty vehicles for scenery, and the editor stopped loading it because i cancelled the addon, even if there are no Cobras in the map!

:butbut:

help ?

You could try and edit the mission.sqm-File with the Notepad. At the Top there are all addons listed - maybe your addon is still listed, even when not in use.

Or you forgot a unit somewhere on the map..

Either way you can delete it in the Notepad.

You could try and edit the mission.sqm-File with the Notepad. At the Top there are all addons listed - maybe your addon is still listed, even when not in use.

Or you forgot a unit somewhere on the map..

Either way you can delete it in the Notepad.

Yeah the mission.sqm must be checked. If the mission doesn't load and it gives you a error message that the mission can't be loaded due to deletet content than the addon is still listed in the mission.sqm.

If you did and intro -outrowin -outrolose then this must be checked too. The mission will load once you eliminated every trace from the mission.sqm.

Pay attention to delete anything else, cause this can mess up everything for sure. Before deleting, make a copy of the mission.sqm in case you messed something up by removing the listed addon.

regards

nettrucker:D

yep good idea ;)

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

It worked perfectly !

THanks to all of you guys, it was important as it's the "skeleton mission" for those to follow

Be aware that everytime you use a 3rd party addon and you place it in the editor while working on your mission and subsequently save it, these addons get listed naturally in mission.sqm when saved. Now if you remove the addon and try then to load the mission it comes up with the error message "can't load due to deleted content . . . bla bla bla. The only work around is to remove them manually from the mission.sqs which you did successfully.

kind regards

nettrucker:D