Glad to hear the script news, something that saves time is great.

I honestly check back every single day in hopes that the new post in the Undead mod will be the release of the new version or at least some new information :P

6VXgesH.jpg

The map placements of the Arma3 map Stratis' location centers are a bit sloppy.

The center is where the location name is displayed and as can be seen in the screenshot is way off the

actual village. While that might not be a problem for playing GI Joe in that location, it becomes a problem

if you want to reasonably aquire the buildings in that location and evaluate the correct center..

Looks like i have to implement a rather expensive algorithm to calculate the real location center

weighted on the geometrical distribution of buildings rather than where the location center was defined

by the map maker. Due to the fact that locations are rather freely definable, this will be quite complicated

to determine if it is a location like a village or some place out in the wild with countryside objects.

Edited by Charon Productions

Thanks for the updates, Charon. Sounds like you're across it!

Can't wait for the A3 version, but obviously I anticipate that it will take a lot more work to get it to a releasable state!

How's the A2 version going? :)

Thanks for the updates, Charon. Sounds like you're across it!

Can't wait for the A3 version, but obviously I anticipate that it will take a lot more work to get it to a releasable state!

How's the A2 version going? :)

The whole thing is very complex and debugging it is time-consuming to say the least.

Good thing is that thousands of hours of development already brought together a framework to support it.

There has been also some major improvements.

It is difficult to develop two versions simultaneously. I should just make Undead2 somewhat coherent and

release it and solely concentrate on Undead3 to improve further, but that would also take several days, because

the slow zombies have not yet been implemented. And time is rare ..

cant wait for the v2 i been working on old mission with the first one

The only reason I am keeping ARMA 2 installed is for the Undead Mod 2 which be a very touching final goodbye and after that I'll stick with ARMA 3. :)

The only reason I am keeping ARMA 2 installed is for the Undead Mod 2 which be a very touching final goodbye and after that I'll stick with ARMA 3. :)

That is very true, it's like the last greatest mod for Arma 2. I am looking forward to it and regardless of some of it's flaws it's an amazing mod that's so much fun to use.

I've been working on this mission for sometime now and I finally finished it. The Undead mod definitely inspired me to go nuts with it and make a mission that's kinda like Aliens that meets Predator that meets 28 Days Later. Either way, this is a great mod that you REALLY can go crazy with....

Edited by Guest

The survival mod(find food,cook it etc) released some time ago will be a very nice combination with this mod.Can't wait for the zombies to pillage Chernarus again.Charon brought some very unique experiences to Arma games,heck I still can't forget the Predator mod and the awesome&terrible feeling at the same time that your next second might be the last.:couch:

That mod brought out the asshole in me,sending my AI team ahead just to pinpoint that invisible bastard.

@Leaulux,dude you're killing me with Candice.:p

Edited by Krycek

Thanks bro, I didn't know who she was until you mentioned it.

The survival mod(find food,cook it etc) released some time ago will be a very nice combination with this mod.Can't wait for the zombies to pillage Chernarus again.Charon brought some very unique experiences to Arma games,heck I still can't forget the Predator mod and the awesome&terrible feeling at the same time that your next second might be the last.:couch:

That mod brought out the asshole in me,sending my AI team ahead just to pinpoint that invisible bastard.

@Leaulux,dude you're killing me with Candice.:p

What survival mod are you talking about ?

Hey I'm working on an "I AM LEGEND" themed mission at the moment - the infected zombies seem to fit perfectly for this mission :D My question: How could I spawn a group of infected at the city's centre at a certain time and also delete the whole group at another time, so the effect comes to mind the zombies are coming out for flesh seeking at let's say 7 pm and get back into the shadows at 6 am?

Hey I'm working on an "I AM LEGEND" themed mission at the moment - the infected zombies seem to fit perfectly for this mission :D My question: How could I spawn a group of infected at the city's centre at a certain time and also delete the whole group at another time, so the effect comes to mind the zombies are coming out for flesh seeking at let's say 7 pm and get back into the shadows at 6 am?

-Check time of day

-create (an independent center if needed) and independent group

- store the reference to a variable of your choice

- spawn undead into that group

- Check time of day again

- delete all units of that group via {} foreach units variableofyourchoice

-> done

= No big thing

Strange thing: The Undead Module itself doesn't show up in the modules dropdown list at all?!

I downloaded your latest beta (0.84), put it in a folder named @ZOM, put that folder into my starting line of the ArmA shortcut. In the main menu the mod is listed as @ZOM, but when it comes to ingame editor, no module nor units or groups are available :(

I'm running latest official ArmA Combined Operations Version 1.62 IIRC without any other mods.

Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: Never mind! I forgot the "AddOns"-folder, me idiot FPDR

But instead I got another question:

How can I let spawn only infected zombies via spawn module?

Edited by Cyclone83

Strange thing: The Undead Module itself doesn't show up in the modules dropdown list at all?!

I downloaded your latest beta (0.84), put it in a folder named @ZOM, put that folder into my starting line of the ArmA shortcut. In the main menu the mod is listed as @ZOM, but when it comes to ingame editor, no module nor units or groups are available :(

I'm running latest official ArmA Combined Operations Version 1.62 IIRC without any other mods.

Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: Never mind! I forgot the "AddOns"-folder, me idiot FPDR

But instead I got another question:

How can I let spawn only infected zombies via spawn module?

Please look into the documentation included and look into the demo missions containing spawn modules for insight into spawn module configuration.

Pardon the intrusion, first of all (I didn't find this anywhere) is it compatible with Operation Arrowhead? Am i able to have a small AI squad? Is everyone infected as soon as I start or are there some AI civilians, that i can, perhaps protect? thank you for your time.

@up

Undead mod use units from Arma 2 so you must have also A2 to play. Zombies are units from Arma 2.

You can have small AI squad, you can protect civilians, you can put on map only infected units etc. It depends what you make in mission or in campaign.

You can check two campaigns (my and Wiki's) to see how this mod work.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15603&highlight=BIOHAZARD

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15555&highlight=OPERATION%2BUMBRELLA

Great mod pack! Loving it. But I have a stupid question. Is the module suppose to show a sword or an inverted cross? Sorry, its just my OCD.

First off ,still to this day I love this mod. I hope things are still on track for updates. But one thing has really interested me lately and that was the infection spreading in ways I can't forsee. I'm using an old version of JTD ACTION since I can't seem to find newer versions. This gives ai more options with cars/trucks ect ect. When the infection is introduced to these ai's it seems the infection spreads in ways I can't predict...wich is awesome and fun.

But I was wondering if an off shoot mod could be made from the undead mod. Instead of zombies maybe a contagion mod where sickness and death spread across the map full of AI. The map infection zones are a cool way to find and maybe contain hot spots. When playing the undead mod I sometimes came across entire towns with no life , only destroyed vehicles and blood stains ( zombie resurrectionon spots ) that means the zombies are out hunting more people elsewhere.

Maybe infection could be spread with close proximity to infected ai with the 6min or more incubation, but the person dies without antidote. I'd like to see how infection spreads without the need for ravenous zombies running amok making me pee myself :) Who knows, this kinda mod could be used to train people to trace epidemics.

Keep up the great work.

Does anyone know if this mod is still being worked on?

Does anyone know if this mod is still being worked on?

Undead2 for Arma2 will be released as it currently is together with Undead3 for Arma3 which will be round Arma3 release. Most development now goes into Undead3. Not enough time to keep working on 2 mods.

A lot of code had to be re-written again for Arma3 to maximize performance, because Arma3 is much heavier on the CPU.

Edited by Charon Productions

Undead2 for Arma2 will be released as it currently is together with Undead3 for Arma3 which will be round Arma3 release. Most development now goes into Undead3. Not enough time to keep working on 2 mods.

A lot of code had to be re-written again for Arma3 to maximize performance, because Arma3 is much heavier on the CPU.

So why not just release it now :P?

I've seen a lot of huffing and puffing about infected/zombie addons, mods and what not for Arma 3...

So, all I'm saying Charon, is that you're the only one I can see still holding the originality when it comes to zombies. No pressure. :P

Is there a way to contain manually placed Infected? To an area, or control them via triggers, disableAI, etc? Perhaps alter aggro radius? Nothing appears to work, and they seem to aggro from ridiculously far (a kilometer or so), rendering any mission complete chaos. I've searched a good chunk of this thread and documentation, forgive me if the question's been answered, but 140 pages is a lot of material :D

Great mod, btw.

Is there a way to contain manually placed Infected? To an area, or control them via triggers, disableAI, etc? Perhaps alter aggro radius? Nothing appears to work, and they seem to aggro from ridiculously far (a kilometer or so), rendering any mission complete chaos. I've searched a good chunk of this thread and documentation, forgive me if the question's been answered, but 140 pages is a lot of material :D

Great mod, btw.

Bomb da haell outta them.