Hey Charon, quick question and If I missed this in one of your posts I do apologize.

Will there be any sort of Lite Compatability for mod units? IE a face change or something of the sort? It was pretty funny to watch CWR2 Units turn into modern day USMC Zombies :)

Hey Charon, quick question and If I missed this in one of your posts I do apologize.

Will there be any sort of Lite Compatability for mod units? IE a face change or something of the sort? It was pretty funny to watch CWR2 Units turn into modern day USMC Zombies :)

Well face change is not really gonna cut it. A zombie is usually all messed up in blood, that means including the textures and it is impossible to anticipate

what units a mission maker will possibly use for his mission. However i understand your point. I might make a little check to see if there exists a re-textured zombie model for a zombifying unit

and if not a different face-only will be applied.

Edited by Charon Productions

Any news?

Yes. In the last 2-3 weeks approximately hundred bugs and issues have been fixed due to the great feedback from the alpha test process.

While actually doing what most people will use this for, which is to make missions, issues keep coming up where certain

functionalities that worked perfectly fine in one mission would not work so well in another.

Moreover new feature ideas still find their way into the mod, making certain mission scenarious easier to tackle with the new feature.

Multiplayer compatibility is a heavy, but time-consuming focus and it does work well so far, including infection spread, antidote and so forth.

Demo missions for SP and MP are coming along nicely and are perfectly demonstrating the mod's capabilities.

Documentation for the new (and old) features is also being prepared, because the system is rather complex and

could be hard to get into without some explanation.

So that's the news.

Awesome.

Don't feel the need to respond to every cry for updates... You're not a game developer, you're an addon maker. You don't owe any explanations and status updates every time to.get nagged about it..

Super! TNX Charon for making this mod. I eventually found out how to delete all dead groups in game so now I can play it with no limit for zombies (because I kill them many during game). I use simple script:

while {true} do { {if (({alive _x} count units _x) == 0) then {deleteGroup _x}} foreach allGroups;

sleep 5;

};

I have also one question, little question, not related to UNDEAD mod, and it is about Predator mod. I know it is officially not the place but just question, if you please can answer. Is it possible to disable Predator Nuke bomb??? (This self destruction simply happen too early). TNX!

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Awesome.

Don't feel the need to respond to every cry for updates... You're not a game developer, you're an addon maker. You don't owe any explanations and status updates every time to.get nagged about it..

True!!!

wow i accidently stumbled over this thread, good to see u back Charon, i thought this excellent mod died a long time ago.

cant wait for the new version :yay:

wow i accidently stumbled over this thread, good to see u back Charon, i thought this excellent mod died a long time ago.

cant wait for the new version :yay:

It's coming along fantastically well! ^_^ Charon is workin' as hard as possible I'm sure.

So, how is the update coming along? Any interesting news?

Could someone tell me what the "Undead location logic" does?

I've gone though this whole thread, the included text files, and example missions that came with the mod, and I cannot find anything related to it, what it does, how it does it, and if I need to do anything with it.

cheers in advance

Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but is this still in development? Its just that this is the only mod with slow zombies (beside the "talking" zombies from the Namalsk mod) and I would just love to see the fixes and changes Charon talked about. So, should I get my hopes up?

Any news? Possibilities of porting to Arma 3 if necessary? Tnx

This mod is too good to be left unfinished, made a pretty big mission with it called "Arma 2 The Hunted HD (Editor Zombie Apocalypse Mission)" on youtube.

By far what really needs to be fixed is the ULTRA glitchy teleporting, nothing takes you out of the realism and tension than seeing a group of zombies walking normally and then BAM! They teleport to the other side of the map (facepalm) and second the zombies sometimes being non reactive. I think if those two bugs alone get fixed a lot of people will be happy.

Can anyone confirm if this works in the Arma 3 alpha after porting over A2 content?

Probably my favorite addon for ARMA 2.

I really want to start Modding for ARMA 3 but have zero experience, if I could begin learning how to create addons I would love to make the "Undead Mod" come into ARMA 3.

I can confirm that UNDEAD mod works in Arma3!!!

Well, I put UNDEAD mod in mod folder with other stuff from arma2 like CA.pbos; characters.pbos; weapons.pbos (if someone wants to know full list of stuff I put in mod folder, ask so Ill put it in post). After that, I started the arma3 and put on editor one zombie and one addon unit from arma2. Everything worked well, since zombie was moving. Then, I put some arma3 units on map with zombie and I got strange arma3 units (not very good to play with). They were totaly out of order, but, arma 2 units was fine. After that, I tested infection. arma3 unit after it was eaten, became a zombie!!!! So, basically, it isn't actually playable due to do errors with arma3 units. But, it gives us and Charon a lot of certainty that arma2 UNDEAD mod will be easily ported in arma3!!!

[Tomorow, Ill post mine gameplay video in which I did those things above. Stay tuned.]

Video is still being uploaded, and it should be uploaded in about 150 minutes. That part is around 25:00.

Dont know does this function youtube in forum works, so also here is a link:

Edited by SKR

How do you get the arma2 units and maps in to Arma 3?

Don't quite think Charon would like seeing his mod taken over to ArmA3 without his permission lol

How do you get the arma2 units and maps in to Arma 3?

I just put arma2 addon in arma3 addon folder.

Don't quite think Charon would like seeing his mod taken over to ArmA3 without his permission lol

I havent done anything like that. I dont know how to make addons, so I cannot make it arma3 addon, and also I havent published any. I just wanted to show you guys that arma2 Charons UNDEAD mod is workable in arma3 without any changes to addon.

Everything clear???

I would like that this forum thread became more active, because UNDEAD mod by Charon (and Predator mod) with I44 mod are my top top top mods overall for any games. I think that I played Arma using this mod really many of hours and I would really like that its development continues. As I said before, I would like to help in any way I can.

I am planing to do youtube video with all bugs and problems of mod using my existing youtube gameplay videos (

- well, for now I havent uploaded gameplay of me playing UNDEAD mod, but I have all gameplays on PC so soon I will upload them). This could give a lot of information to Charon. Also, next month I will get my first salary from working in MCDonalds Croatia, so I would gladly give some money support to Charon. The main purpose of this post is will of forming some kind of fans community for this mod which will help for its developing, perfection and for promotion. So, first I would really like to have some feedback of you guys, and of course from Charon.

TNX!!! Let's give this great mod chance to became more and more known and perfected.

P.S. sorry for possible bad English

I am also willing to *donate* money (because you can't sell Addons) to Charon if he ever returns. The issue is that he seems to have a very busy personal life or he has become apathetic towards the ARMA Franchise.

It might be time for a new Undead Mod to be created by someone else.

So, the basic coding and scripts work for ARMA 3, some modification of the code is needed though and also there would have to be new re-skins created for the units in ARMA 3.

Undead Mod 2 development got stuck in fixing a few issues in MP mainly related to

Join in Progress map updates of infected locations' status not showing correctly for JIPs. Join in progress has a very peculiar implementation by BIS

and requires special treatment. There is not much more that can be tried to fix this, because dozens of

different approaches to handle JIP were tested.

If there is someone out there who is an extreme ace in JIP-coding, drop me a line.

Due to the advent of Arma3, it seems reasonable to release the undead mod2 for Arma2 before Arma3 comes out

or it was all for nothing and apart from the JIP issue it is working great ;)

One of the accompanying missions got also so complex, that it would take a serious amount of time to add more content

for when the island is nearly liberated.

Concerning the portability to Arma3, i see no serious problems yet to do so, because i successfully managed to port TroopMon3 to Arma3

also without too much re-coding.

Edited by Charon Productions