ok does this mod need the original arma 2 or can it work on just Operation Arrowhead?

Silly goose! :D

Why take the time to post in the thread when you can use the simple search the thread function at the top of the page? If you would have done so you would have known the answer by now.

Since I am kind I searched for you and here is what you would have found if you had searched.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1850974&postcount=1013

Note: Not trying to be mean or insulting

Have a great day!

Edited by bobtom

For those having problems with V.90, it seems to work when you load both V.84 and V.90 at the same time. I'm assuming whatever is missing from the V.90 that was posted earlier is contained within V.84? That sounds fishy, but for some reason i am getting the mod to work better/correctly recently. Loading .90 alone yields missing cfg blahblahblah CHN_UNDEAD_MALE.scope or something on startup, like the earlier posts say.

I was having problems with infected spawned via "THE UNDEAD - SPAWN MODULE" just standing there/not migrating(i wanted them to spawn on the road into Chernarus and take over the whole region), but now they seem to migrate after i have the module spawn them as MOVER groups and send them to a waypoint first (even if the waypoint is right next to the module, it seems the module doesn't set them as migrating groups on spawn for some reason and they get set as migrating after finishing the waypoint).

I was testing a mission a moment ago and the zombies seemed to be attacking more quickly than usual, they weren't screwing around running back and forth past their target. The civilians dont seem to care any more than usual, although i have seen groups of them fleeing from the zombies, which is massively entertaining. Can having too much going on the map inhibit the functionality/responsiveness of the module? I currently have about 30 groups of 5 zombies spawn on init and there appears to be no lag, although this seems to exceed the cap for zombies and prevents my spawn module from spawning(even though i set it to 250 in the init for my mission?).

Can anyone confirm if loading both versions works to get V.90 running? Perhaps someone a little more knowledgeable can tell me if it should even be possible. Sorry for the long-winded post, i was getting depressed at how abandoned this great mod was and im hoping this will shed some light on it/help people who are having trouble getting it to work for them.

Total noob here, need some help. This should work with Arma2 Free, right?

I've put everything from the THE_UNDEAD_MOD_V0.84_PACK rar into C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free\AddOns.

Upon launching Arma2 Free I get a popup box informing me that "Signature of addons\chn_undead.pbo is wrong"

When I get in game there is no way to load the demo missions. I'm guessing this is because of the error on startup.

Any ideas? I'd really like to try this mod. TIA!

Sorry man:

- minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.
You will need to buy the game to play this (Highly recommended).

Oh, you do have one option for zombies with A2FREE:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14211

This mission uses addon free zombies made by celery. The mission itself requires Operation Arrowhead, so you cannot play it with A2Free. You can, however take the mission apart and use his zombie scripts to make your own mission for A2Free.

NOTE: Your going to need to learn about ARMA II scripting to do this, however.

Regards,

bobtom

Edited by bobtom

Aw, darn. Looks like I may have to shell out some dough for the full version.

Thanks for the response!

so did Charon become one of the zombies orr.....cus i dont wanna accidently exterminate him...

I don't know if it's been answered before or not, but has anyone figured out how to skip the opening credits when you have a UNDEAD module on the map? I'm trying to create some missions with it and when in 5 missions into a story and suddenly see 'The Undead Mod' appear when the mission starts, it kind of ruins the 'Mood' in my opinion.

I understand credits to be given and all but again, I personally think it ruins the mood when the player knows 'This is the mission when the zombies come' and are somewhat expecting them instead of 'Is this a mission that has them?'

can anyone help im unable to get this and COOP 2 Namalsk Zombies 1.0 to work, when i load arma 2 noting happens i go into multiplayer and start a new game but it doesn't show up, iv try useing the modfolder and non modfolder nothing works.

thanks

Charon was back on the forums a week ago, but I think it was to explain he had IRL commitments.

How come this mod isn't available with the Six Updater?

There would be no need for three parts, just two clicks. :)

Besides that great mod.

I love how in all this guy's mods he is too busy to improve the mod xD. But I forgive him, seeing how he made this badass one.

Great mod...got the infected to automagically spawn but their pathing is so bad they get stuck in built up areas. Also some weird warping going on but I am guessing that my mods are causing it. The guys love it though...it scares the shit out of them clearing houses.

I have not try this mod out, I love zombie games so I need to check this out right now!

:D

BRAINS!

:D

It is really addicting... you might end up spending the rest of your week messing around with it...

Have fun! :yay:

Dear Charon,

I would first like to thank you for the perfect mod for ARMA2! Basically, it's the only thing I play. A similar situation was with Armed Assault. In fact I am a big "fan" of zombie movies, games, etc. Personally, I like the old types of zombies (Romero type), not zombies like "28 Days Later." Also, I am from Croatia, Europe so sorry for bad English.

As I said, I play your mod almost always (including "The Predator mod" - great mod!!!) and for a very long time and I got many questions and desires that i didn`t share with others. That's why I decided to join in this forum and ask. Basically, I'm sure that many questions have been answered, but there are a lot of posts, so I couldn`t read them all.

I would like to add that I have more questions and ideas, but at this moment I can not remember them all.

Question for my big desire:

Is there a possibility that I can track the spread of infection, so that (no matter where I am and what I am) I can see on the map all of the units and their moving during zombie outbreak. (something like millitary controll of the outbreak)

Desires relating directly to the mod:

1. Is there a possibility that weapons of units that have been infected and who have become a zombie remain on the floor or stay with unit, not to disapper?
  2. Is there a possibility to make a re-skin of women's units for the zombies?
  3. Is there a possibility to stop zombies to walk through the walls or to make an addon that does this (like some special wall).

Desires relating to the game and addons:

Do you have in your possession addons like ambulances, police, firetrucks and similar civil services (with their crew!) and whether it would be for them (doctors, police officers, medical technicians, firefighters) possable to make a reskin for the zombies?

The problems I encountered:

- Although I put the module for the zombies and put all the zombies on the map, sometimes I encounter undead. Why?

- Is there a maximum amount of zombies on the map because I have encounter that infected human dies and then dissapear without spawning a zombie?

- Sometimes I encounter the zombies that I didn`t put. For example, although I did not put any civilians, nor the zombie priests, I found them walking around as a zombies.

- When I use the undead's sometimes happens that if I switch to another playable unit it immediately gets infected, although not close to any udead?

- Sometimes the indicator for infection doesn`t appear on the map for a settlement that has got infected, and sometimes it won`t remove when the infection is gone?

- Sometimes zombie just ignore player or human in front of him and walk to another human.

- I allways encounter some type od timeout befor zombie attack human. For example there are 5 zombies and 5 humans in front of them, and all of them will attack all humans at the same time after 20 or even 30 sec. Why?

Other desires:

- I would like (i also colud help) that someone who knowes everything about editor to create a mission for this mod about life at time of zombie outbrake. Simply, to decorate cities with cars, people, etc., to have buildings like police, hospital, high density areas, etc.

- It would be great (for that mission, and overall) to create something like BMRF Radio (from "They hunger" mod for Half-life) = for music in cars (when you enter the car you can turn it off or on); the reporter would be also great who reports about outbrake.

- Maybe to create a addon (!with zombie re-skin!) for gas-masked millitary units.

PS. I also would like to make clear that I`m a noob for addon making and things. Also, I don`t know much about editor, only basics.

And, also i would like to mansion this.

I record everything that i play with fraps (and then merge it with Ultra video joiner) so I also cloud give you videos of my problems. :)

For me, UNDEAD mod works on OA, but with installed Arma2.

Ah, so you wish to create a simulated zombie outbreak with everything handled as it would be I assume in levels.

Civilians<Survivors<Police<SWAT<Military

There's mods out there that have police cars and there's one for a firetruck too I believe. Also, there's plenty of Police unit mods out there.

And to add on, I want to be able to use ZOMBIES from the spawn module, having only INFECTED is annoying.

Yes! I allways wanted to watch or play during it all started. I don`t like movies or games when everything has happend already, i want to see a struggle of humans to stop it.

I have created a lot of missions for myself with these theme. I used regular islands, but also used Fallujah, Moschnyi (till now, best island for outbreak)... I, know about addons. I have firetruck, and police vehicles (American LAW enforcement; others doesnt work for me), and i use vanila polce units, doctors, but i dont have firefigters and normal ambulance. Personally, very important think about it is the siren and lightbar system, because i think the best thing about OFP, Arma and ARMA2 is possibbility to create lots of atmosphere, so it is crucial for it. I also use gas-masked soliders addon, but they dont have skin for zombies.

I, also agree about that modul. Main problem about the INFECTED is that nobody stand any chance against them because they run, run thru walls, and AI are too slow to stop them.

The owner of the mod (Charon) has been away for a very long time due to real life constraints. It is unknown when he will be back, if ever.

It's quite unfortunate as the patch that was planning to be released for this mod, 0.90, was believed to be a major overhaul in the code and increased optimization.

Also, I agree that the best part of the zombie outbreaks are the very beginning when everything is chaotic. If you want some extra content for your missions send me a PM :)

Also, It would be fascinating to make re-skin for WWII soliders and play WWII mod with zombies. Imagine, during the Omaha landing zombie outbreak starts.

Also, It would be fascinating to make re-skin for WWII soliders and play WWII mod with zombies. Imagine, during the Omaha landing zombie outbreak starts.

Nazi Zombies: Here

Using Celery's Zombies though..

Couple questions about this mod for mission making:

What I'm trying to do is populated a couple of cities with zombies, have small groups roaming the entire maps, and then create armed civilians who are hostile.

Using the spawn module it seems like the zombies only spawn from the point where I place it. I'm trying to make it seem like the entire town is full of zombies, but with the spawn module the result is typically one part of the town has zombies, and they don't really spread out that much. I have ambient civilians in the town as well, should I even be using them because it includes females? I don't like having static people who only react to threats, or people patrolling around like they're combatants.

I've seen some of the variables in one of the readme's but if someone could break it down barney style that would be appreciated.

I'm unsure of what to do about ambient zombie patrols as well.