@MrRightclick

1. just make a script to delete any zombies, also could be set off by trigger or distance

2. The spawn operation can be stopped by setting this variable in

the module´s variable space :

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

So, to do this you'd probably just make a trigger that set it off.

3. No mixing of the zombies/infected that I am aware of.

@MrRightclick

1. just make a script to delete any zombies, also could be set off by trigger or distance

2. The spawn operation can be stopped by setting this variable in

the module´s variable space :

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

So, to do this you'd probably just make a trigger that set it off.

3. No mixing of the zombies/infected that I am aware of.

Alright, thanks for the answer. It's too bad if one can't spawn both of the zombies, because the slow zombies are way too easy to outrun and the fast ones are too hard when they come at you with full force. :rolleyes:

But it seems that handplacing some of both might work without problems?

Can someone reupload .90 version of the zombie mod?

There is 90v.? 84 is not the last version?

Im making a mission where we are playing the civilian side. The zombies seem to be friendly to me. When I shoot them my AI squad attacks me. I've got a work around by adding a bluefor soldier with probability of presence 0. Is there a way to do this with a script only? I don't want to have an invisible soldier attached to every group.

http://server.arma2.co/Files/Mirror/@The_Undead_Beta.rar

This is the "original" v0.9 which i received from Charon for dedicated beta testing.

I think it's okay to share it under these circumstances...

I tried downloading and installing this version of the mod a couple of times. Every time I open ArmA 2 it gives the "No entry" -error like this: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CHN_UNDEAD_MALE.scope'." Then when I try to make a mission, it doesn't show the Undead or zombie modules, or any zombie or infected units in the menus. What to do? Is the 0.9 broken somehow? Anyone else getting this error? Please help, and thanks for advance!

Same error

I want to know how to make this zombies to spawn in a certain location when you walk through a trigger. its posible? how?

I made this account just to say THANKS to the maker of this zombie mod. I love this mod a lot and I like the zombie animation too! I remember a long time ago when I was just a college kid playing the first Operation Flashpoint. The first thing I did when I learned about the power of the editor was try to simulate zombies. All I could do though at the time, since I had no reliable internet to use to educate myself about scripting in the game, was "pretend" the bad soldiers I made were zombies. They walked around and tried to follow me slowly, but they never attacked or did anything else.

I'm just glad that you just saved me a lot of time by producing this zombie mod! It's actually the reason why I picked this as my girlfriend's gift to me lol:yay:

I tried downloading and installing this version of the mod a couple of times. Every time I open ArmA 2 it gives the "No entry" -error like this: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CHN_UNDEAD_MALE.scope'." Then when I try to make a mission, it doesn't show the Undead or zombie modules, or any zombie or infected units in the menus. What to do? Is the 0.9 broken somehow? Anyone else getting this error? Please help, and thanks for advance!

there is no chn_undead_misc in the mod :s

Get v0.84 at Armaholic and try unpacking and installing again. .84 is allready a beta, that makes .90 a beta of a beta, it's by no means finished. And won't be until Charon comes back. If he comes back.

I want to know how to make this zombies to spawn in a certain

location when you walk through a trigger. its posible? how?

This is quite simple to achieve by use of the function:

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

An example:

Assuming your player character is BLUFOR

Place a trigger, set activation to BLUFOR Present, name it "zombiespawn"

Condition:

this

On Act:

[zombiespawn, 10] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP;

That spawns a group of 10 zombies at the triggers location.

You can also have the zombies spawn elsewhere, an easy way to do this

is to place a Game Logic where you want the zombies to spawn and change

the "zombiespawn" in the On Act field to the name of the game logic.

For more information, have a close look through the documentation, it's all

there. Otherwise feel free to PM me and i'll see if i can help.

NB. I'm by no means a master at this stuff, i'm absolutly sure there's much

better ways of doing it if you're making a longer mission but that's beyond

my skills, for now :)

Hope that helps,

Vaporific

Edited by Vaporific

Get v0.84 at Armaholic and try unpacking and installing again. .84 is allready a beta, that makes .90 a beta of a beta, it's by no means finished. And won't be until Charon comes back. If he comes back.

Yeah, I see. What's wrong? What happened to Charon, if I may ask? :/

Supposedly he is busy with this mythical "real life" thing i keep hearing about, curious really, been an active gamer for nearly 10 years and i've NEVER seen this "real life" game anywhere :(

I'm picking his creations turned on him late one night in the lab, isn't that the way these things usually go?

Guys i sued to have this workign with OA standalone, but i reinstalled windows as my pc needed it bad. Now when i place the infected module and then place individual or grp zombies they are invisible apart from when i hover my mouse over them. And when i click 'preview' it says : "no entry bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/chn_undead/housewife5.icon'

whats going on?

EDIT: ALSon ive noticed individual zombies are not located in "independant anymore"....They are instead in "empty" ...

Edited by george86

Hi guys,

I didn't find anything here that helped me with the problem I got:

I am trying to put the antidote into a chest but I don't know the class name or I simply can't find it. Can anyone help?

Greetz Lukers

The classname is "CHN_Antidote"

Put the following into your chest's init box to add it:

this addweaponcargo ["CHN_Antidote",1]; 

The classname is found in the "how to" file included with the mod download.

Please come back soon Charon! We are anxiously waiting!

ok does this mod need the original arma 2 or can it work on just Operation Arrowhead?