I am trying to make a mission where you go out a kill a scientist who created the zombies. I got the trigger that stops the zombies from spawning when the scientist is dead, but I would like to end a task when the zombie/infected count reaches 0. I have been trying to use the CHN_ZEDCNT to trigger it but I can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help?

Edited by pappy02us

If you make the trigger in the beginning of the mission it will trigger right away. So I made it later.

First I created the trigger

nul=execvm "triggermake.sqf"

The contents of triggermake.sqf:

trg1 = createTrigger["EmptyDetector", getMarkerPos "mrkr1"];

trg1 setTriggerArea[0,0,197.352,true];

trg1 setTriggerActivation["none","PRESENT",false];

trg1 setTriggerStatements["CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDCNT==0","task1 settaskstate 'SUCCEEDED';",""];

The trigger should be made a few seconds into the mission.

Sry for the ask, does this work for Operation Arrowhead?

Iam looking for an OA Ready mod. What i have to do to make it working for OA and MP missions?

Thanks a lot

It works with OA yes, aslong as you run it with Combined Operations (original arma 2 )

in OA I always get zombies repeating phrases in some kind of chernarus language or something, kind of wrecks it for me. Anyone have similar experience in OA?

Also when they spawn I hear, "groupm move x meters, ..."

Can anybody tell me what the class name is for the zombie russian soldiers? Couldn't find it in the numerous lists and I've tried "CHN_ZOMBIE_Russian_Soldier" or ""CHN_ZOMBIE_RussianSoldier" but neither work - not sure what else to try XD cheers in advance

Here are the class names for the 2 types of Russian soldiers:

CHN_UNDEAD_RU_Soldier_Base

CHN_ZOMBIE_RU_Soldier_Base

You're the man :D thank you :yay:

Also, had another proper look through the lists and the Russian classnames were indeed there, sorry!

Edited by 2LtJester

Now I'm having trouble with the safe zones. If I copy the triggers over from the example missions just one with "this; CHN_SAFELIST1=thisList;" in works, but if I try to add any others, including the second safe zone from the example mission these won't work. I tried going into the second safe zone in the example mission and that didn't seem to be working either, since the zombies just come straight into it and kill anyone within the trigger boundaries.

wrong code perhaps or is it something I'm doing wrong? :confused:

EDIT: Changing it to "this; CHN_SAFELIST3=thisList;" instead of CHN_SAFELIST2=thisList; seems to work... That will do :D

Edited by 2LtJester

It would be great if poeple turned into zombies no matter how they died, unless a shot to the head/exploded.

Shooting a platoon of soldiers, only for them to rise up as zombies and try to kill you.

I agree it would be pretty cool. Currently if the unit is infected, but hasn't turned into a zombie/undead and it dies it then turns into a zombie/undead unit.

If you can set a unit as infected via a script and then made the infection timer really long then what you suggested may be possible.

You can change the timer with CHN_INFCOUNTER, but I don't know about setting them as infected...

i just downloaded this awsome looking mod and placed the pbo files in arma 2 addons and the other files in arma 2. then when i start up the game a notification appears telling me " no entry

'bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/USMC soilder_officer.scope'.

i do not know what this means.

when i then go into mission editor and place a group of either zoms or infected the actual circles dont appear all the sycronisation lines are there but no actual circle thing. then when i preview its as if i added nothing they do no appear. ive tried placing undead or infected modules or spawning points but to no affect.

please tell me what it is im doing wrong. i have tried reinstalling also if it is a glitch

ps. i am using arma 2 operation arrowhead

pps. nice job on mod

@archiegates: This mod only work on Arma 2 or Combined Operations not Operation Arrowhead standalone. It uses characters from the Red Harvest campaign and they are not in OA.

@bobtom: Thanks for the help on the zombie count. I have another question for you earlier you asked about the spawn module not spawn at the beginning of a mission and Charon said to use createVehicle. How did this work? I am trying to make it so the spawn modules only work when the player units enter a town and deactivate when they leave and reactivates should they return to the town.

Edited by pappy02us

Well I had nothing better to do today so I decided to make a tutorial mission on what pappy02us wanted me to explain. Both for you and for anyone who needs the help (Cause it would have helped me when I needed the help :o)

Here you go:

Filefront

Link not working.

Edited by bobtom

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

edit: for some reason when I click on download filefront is saying the file can't be found.

I re-uploaded it to Filefront with a different name, this should work.

Re-Upload

bobtom

Edited by bobtom

It's been out for like a year? lol.

Probably meant the next version. Looks like he's MIA, Charon's last post was over 2 months ago.

In his last post he said that he will release v0.9 within a few weeks....

we will see ... hopefully

Probably meant the next version. Looks like he's MIA, Charon's last post was over 2 months ago.
Wede;1855660']In his last post he said that he will release v0.9 within a few weeks....

we will see ... hopefully

Charon will probably not be back for awhile (Or if at all)...I was helping him test the Undead Mod as well as his predator mod when he just suddenly dissapeared over Christmas vacation. I could probably guess as to why he has not had the time to be on though...

It actually makes me sad because The Undead Mod V.90 was really nice. The zombies moved a lot better, the respawning bug was fixed, dying randomly was fixed, zombies would target AI and players better (Their attacks got moved over as weapons instead of scripts), the players could play as a zombie, and multiple other little bug fixes. There was just one problem that he was trying to stomp before he went on vaction-In V.90 the zombies would act like expected IN SINGLE PLAYER. But as soon as there were two people, the zombies could not kill anything. They would sit there swinging their arms at the players/AI and do nothing. I believe he got really close to fixing the issue but then he just dissapeared :(. I have the last V.90 (Somewhere in my comp) but I'm not going to release it until we know for sure Charon is not coming back and that the general public (Possibly moderators) agree that it's okay. I never got consent to share it...so..I don't want to be thrownin it around. But in the future, if it is clear that Charon is not coming back, I would like help in getting V.90 to work with MP!!

Edited by Genesis92x

Not really the "help and support" section, but it seems the best place to ask.

How can I activate/deactivate a particular zed spawner? I want to set up triggers that activate the spawn when you enter the proximity, and deactivate it when you exit the proximity. What command would I use? I tried the

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

tried "this" and tried using the modules name, but neither has worked. I'm a bit of a novice at the arma editor in general, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hypno toad

Not really the "help and support" section, but it seems the best place to ask.

How can I activate/deactivate a particular zed spawner? I want to set up triggers that activate the spawn when you enter the proximity, and deactivate it when you exit the proximity. What command would I use? I tried the

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

tried "this" and tried using the modules name, but neither has worked. I'm a bit of a novice at the arma editor in general, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Here, the spawning modules are very confusing sometimes. I can only get them to work 100% of the time through scripts. This example should help you.

Spawning Module

Name= Spawn

Trigger

Activation= Anybody, Repeatedly
Present

Condition=(vehicle player) in thislist;
On Act.= [this] exec "Spawn.sqs";

Spawn.sqs

Spawn setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true]
//Turns off spawner

If you can figure out how that works, you can easily adapt it to work for you!!

Thanks for the hasty reply.

I'm not familiar with the scripting either but shouldn't take long to figure it out/google it. One quick question, do I just drop the script in with the mission profile? I love this mod but the one thing that always puzzled me was that it was lacking functionality for such a rudimentary thing, I don't very well need a group of zombies spawning a mile away from me when I'm not around to see them ;)

Hopefully Charon can add in some "radius spawn" modules, similar to the normal spawners but would only activate if something came within 500 meters.

Edited by hypno toad