Well if you think you are supposed not need Arma2 because Zombies come in addon

Hey Charon, I hope you see this, I have a suggestion for the next version of this mod. Could you make the zombies attracted to sound more so than just smelling a unit from no matter how far away they are. I feel it wouldn't be very hard to implement since the Guard Waypoint already works this way where the units respond to sound of gun fire then move to the position of the gun fire.

I've been working on a pretty complex mission with the latest version of this mod and once I reach a certain point I basically get overrun by zombies that I placed miles away from the starting point of the map, they just immediately started the chase after me once the mission started, I feel like missions could be ALOT more controlled and complex if you made them more reactive to sound instead of purely smell, maybe you could keep the smell reaction but make it a lot smaller but make their sound reaction very large, so if they hear shooting within say 500m they will come running, or if they hear a vehicle within 100m they will come running aswell. I could help you with some ideas of what to make the variables but other wise this is just a very strong suggestion and I would love for you to implement, it would add another level to missions, try to avoid combat with the zombies or else you'll be dealing with even more. Could add much more realism(Zombie realism :D) to missions.

^ I agree 100% with this. Many times, mainly the middle of the mission, you get overrun by pretty much every zombie, and in places you want to have an engagement there isn't anything to find as they ran miles off at the beggining.

Maybe there is a way to do it like Enad said?

hehe! I love playing with the zombies. I would really love to see an "Undead Warfare" mission.

Like Benny Edition, but instead of Takis or Chernarus civs and guerrillas in the towns, it's ZOMBIES!

The east and west could be racing to clear the infection and lay claim to the towns & villages. All the while battling waves of zombies and their own converted troops threatening to overrun their position.

Would the Undead Mod work in a BE Warfare map?

Who cares if it's not realistic…it could still be fun. And for people who insist that warfare be "real-world scenarios" you can just pretend it was some government biological weapon that got loose and things went horribly, horribly awry.

Edited by kage74

So, it's cool to make missions and distribute them with this mod in them so long as you're credited and we keep that intro title in the mission or not?

If you really want some off the wall fun. Play with the Spec OP's manger at the same time you have fast infected on the map :) Your enemies will have their hands full fighting off the hoards....then again so will you before to long ;)

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

hehe! I love playing with the zombies. I would really love to see an "Undead Warfare" mission.

Like Benny Edition, but instead of Takis or Chernarus civs and guerrillas in the towns, it's ZOMBIES!

The east and west could be racing to clear the infection and lay claim to the towns & villages. All the while battling waves of zombies and their own converted troops threatening to overrun their position.

Would the Undead Mod work in a BE Warfare map?

Who cares if it's not realistic…it could still be fun. And for people who insist that warfare be "real-world scenarios" you can just pretend it was some government biological weapon that got loose and things went horribly, horribly awry.

Haha, I had the same idea. I even went as far to implement it. I had a lot of neat little features I was going to put.

Problem is, until Charon comes back and updates with his new zombie code that uses FSMs in an efficient manner, as opposed to the current one, all advanced code/modules will not work. Try using anything that loops, such as the AC-130 script, Warfare/Construction Modules, etc, and you will notice the problems - there is a limit to how much script that can be run in any one moment, and this mod seems to cap it out completely.

Rest assured, my friend, when this is updated, I'll be all over making a warfare scenario ;)

--Is patiently awaiting the return of CP and his new code--

Regards,

- HateDread.

If you really want some off the wall fun. Play with the Spec OP's manger at the same time you have fast infected on the map :) Your enemies will have their hands full fighting off the hoards....then again so will you before to long ;)

Sorry, what? Spec OP's Manger?

Quick Question - Ive seen many videos of people playing this mod in Multiplayer with other

people as the survivors and fighting the zombies. Im new to Arma all together I Finally got this mod installed and I was trying to find an Online Undead mod server but have been unable to find one. So the question is is anyone still playing this mod and if so how do I play multiplayer with it...? anyone know of a server? And if so do I need anything special to join a game like an update for the Undead mod or a certain version of Arma2 I have Combined Ops. Thanks

Make your own mission.

Well and good, kinda tough on the average Joe coming into the game- only tip for new dudes is read read read and download missions throw them in the editor and look at how things are done.

I'm currently making a mission with DAC and a single infected dude, he infects the first town quickly enough but doesn't seem to travel to seek out more. I thought this was a core function of the zeds? I'll need to do more obs!

Question: is there any way to add a line to the init of every zombie spawned? I want to run the Zeus mod but am worried about compatibility with the zombies' AI, so I want to put the "disable Zeus AI" line in each zombie init. I put it in the manually-created infected groups' inits, but I don't know how to add it to the scripted zombies.

Maybe it won't matter, but I get the feeling it will.

Any chance of getting this great mod to work with Arrowhead? Without ArmA 2?

Anybody? I dont have ArmA 2, only arrowhead which I bought over steam during christmas. I haven't been able to get this mod to work with arrowhead and the only work around Ive seen is to move some files from ArmA 2 to your arrowhead folder, though again I dont have ArmA 2.

Any help? :(

Yeah, it's a basic Arma2 mod with Arma2 units, you need CO. Find another $15 or forgetaboutit :( I'm sure you can find a used copy for much cheaper than that. Chernarus is beautiful, and the Arma2 campaign is pretty interesting and long, so I'd say it's worth it. Plus, most MP uses CO (ArmA2+OA), so you get access to that also.

Question: is there any way to add a line to the init of every zombie spawned? I want to run the Zeus mod but am worried about compatibility with the zombies' AI, so I want to put the "disable Zeus AI" line in each zombie init. I put it in the manually-created infected groups' inits, but I don't know how to add it to the scripted zombies.

Maybe it won't matter, but I get the feeling it will.

I believe that this script's FSMs overwrite default AI behaviour, which is the type Zeus AI controls. You should have no issues, my friend.

I have run the slow zombies with Zeus and it seemed fine. Never tried the fast movers though.

Yes, I have not noticed anything too bad. Since I disabled it on the fast-movers which get their own non-module spawns, I think it will be okay. Now, to nightspawn 50 infected to wander my island aimlessly searching and killing anything alive during the dark, NVGless nights.

I just want to say congrats to Charon on this awesome mod and the popularity it has received as it has reached the 1000 post mark.

This is one of my favorite mods for A2. When you get bored of fighting middle eastern terrorists or spetznaz it is always possible to go back to shooting/bombing/nuking hordes of zombies.

Thanks Charon! I think I speak for many people on this.

Good luck with .90