I still cannot seem to get the spawn module to stop spawning. Is this a known problem?

I have this code in the init of the module: this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

Any ideas?

Hmm, why do you put the module on the map if you intend to disable the spawn at init (or even before init) ?

You can only set the variable to false AFTER the module has initialized which is 1 second after you spawn it/ or start a map with the module on it.

So just issue the command from a trigger or a script and it will stop spawning. Hope that helps.

My reasoning behind it was that I needed it to not spawn until I want it too.

Thanks for your help, I am still learning such things. :o

My reasoning behind it was that I needed it to not spawn until I want it too.

Thanks for your help, I am still learning such things. :o

In that case, "createvehicle" the module once you need it.

Ohh of course... :j:

Do you know the classname offhand?

Then I'm done with questions. :o

Where are some servers running this mod??!?! I don't like playing single player campaigns. I feel alone and bored. This mod would definitely be awesome with human teammates.

Where are some servers running this mod??!?! I don't like playing single player campaigns. I feel alone and bored. This mod would definitely be awesome with human teammates.

i run a server every once in a while the biggest problem with that is that you cant fortify any position unless it's a in the water like your based off a LHD or LPD or b the second floor. but for all the people that want to make a server just remember one thing that pulls lot of lag out is the infection module. you still cant do things cause of the lag ie antidote fast roping and things like that but running around and killing zombies still works

and for thouse people saying it doesnt work in OA. your partly right stand alone probably not but it works fine in combined ops

Edited by jclark919

i run a server every once in a while the biggest problem with that is that you cant fortify any position unless it's a in the water like your based off a LHD or LPD or b the second floor. but for all the people that want to make a server just remember one thing that pulls lot of lag out is the infection module. you still cant do things cause of the lag ie antidote fast roping and things like that but running around and killing zombies still works

and for thouse people saying it doesnt work in OA. your partly right stand alone probably not but it works fine in combined ops

It´s based upon the Arma2 civilians and was written for Arma2, so indeed it cant run in OA standalone.

Concerning the infection module, it is script-intense, but it is the core of this mod. So playing without it makes no sense really.

V0.9 does have a lot of unnecessary script lines removed and is more efficient.

anyone made any campaigns or missions for this mod yet?

I'd make my own.. but I.. what's the word.... suck balls at modding?

You don't need to know how to mod to make a mission.

Just go into the editor and fool around and you'll end up making something awesome I bet.

Charon also included some fun missions that you can play with the mod.

You can also easily get sucked in making you own little missions w/o any scripting.

Haha yeah. Fool around in the editor. ^^ I've spent hours just messing around with mock up campaigns where I just put groups and me in there with some waypoints and just edit what I have 'Left over' till w/e outcome is done an hour later or so and not one bit of scripting.

Just messing around can be the most fun ^^ Hehe

Are people still working on this mod? Its really fun, but you can still make it better bye stopping them walking through walls and how sometimes the sprint and sometimes they just walk around randomly.

Natula for the most part that is a issue because of the game engine.

Charon, I am sure is working on this as much as he can. In recent times, he is now working on the newly released Predator Mod, the Crocodile Addon, and perhaps the Alien Mod.

Natula for the most part that is a issue because of the game engine.

Charon, I am sure is working on this as much as he can. In recent times, he is now working on the newly released Predator Mod, the Crocodile Addon, and perhaps the Alien Mod.

Yep, as Raserisk said. Even in vanilla Arma, you can see soldiers running right through half meter thick concrete walls. The collision handling isn´t implemented that nicely in the game.

As discussed in this thread, additional collision problems originate from the custom movement of the undead, which can not be realized with what Arma2 has to offer and needs an enormous tweak.

I hope to find some time to fix the remaining issues and release V0.9, but real life is busy around X-mas.

At my local LAN, me and three or four other guys have ArmA CO, and they're into zombies (AvP too ;) ).

If you wanted me to test how it handles in that environment, I could try and get a game going?

Will missions made with the current version be broken by v0.9? I have one planned, but if the changes are too significant I'll hold off.

Release is planned before the new year? Please really want to play on the weekend//

let my speak from my heart in english////

Edited by mitradis

Yep, as Raserisk said. Even in vanilla Arma, you can see soldiers running right through half meter thick concrete walls. The collision handling isn´t implemented that nicely in the game.

As discussed in this thread, additional collision problems originate from the custom movement of the undead, which can not be realized with what Arma2 has to offer and needs an enormous tweak.

I hope to find some time to fix the remaining issues and release V0.9, but real life is busy around X-mas.

That isn't related to collisions though. If you've noticed much like in vanilla zombies walk only through walls with holes or fences that you can step over - that's basically BIS finding a cheap way to implement an AI crawling through a hole without doing so.

I'm very new to modding in general and I am a complete computer retard. How can I have a simple survival scenario with some zombies spawning at towns only. I tried but I have no clue where I should start. Can anyone give me detailed instructions as how to accomplish this?

At my local LAN, me and three or four other guys have ArmA CO, and they're into zombies (AvP too ;) ).

If you wanted me to test how it handles in that environment, I could try and get a game going?

Me and some mates used to do this all the time. It is extremely fun!

I'd put together some massive semi-linear mission on say, one of the ARMA1 maps, with things of interest along the way (fuel run-out trigger, bicycles, MG, weapons blah blah) leading up to a main objective of escaping to some place via a helicopter. I'd then plonk the infected module down and set up some of the towns which we would pass through with some civilians and some infected - leaving it to the module to do the rest (later times I just specified in the module to instantly set the towns as infected - much simpler).

After that, I'd set up our spawns, brief my mates on the mission and how we have to do it, start it up and then let hilarity, fear, awe and fun ensue. Believe me - even the mission designer gets a fair amount of surprises.

I play with anywhere from 2-6 other players, just so you know.

Me and some mates used to do this all the time. It is extremely fun!

I'd put together some massive semi-linear mission on say, one of the ARMA1 maps, with things of interest along the way (fuel run-out trigger, bicycles, MG, weapons blah blah) leading up to a main objective of escaping to some place via a helicopter. I'd then plonk the infected module down and set up some of the towns which we would pass through with some civilians and some infected - leaving it to the module to do the rest (later times I just specified in the module to instantly set the towns as infected - much simpler).

After that, I'd set up our spawns, brief my mates on the mission and how we have to do it, start it up and then let hilarity, fear, awe and fun ensue. Believe me - even the mission designer gets a fair amount of surprises.

I play with anywhere from 2-6 other players, just so you know.

Hey there,

I'd love to get some ideas from you - those sound great!

Problem is, I'm not making any missions for us until this mod hits v0.9 - I'd rather not put work into something, only to have it fall apart if an update breaks it. I hope this mod is still in development.

Charon, have you considered using Six Updater, or Addonsync? That way, small changes aren't big files like they used to be, and, like in a situation where a single variable I was after didn't make it into a final build, you could easily add it in, and it'd be updated with no fuss, or a re-release, or later version. Just a thought.

- HateDread.

Sweet cant wait till i get a computer that works with ARMA 2 lol! I am definitely downloading this as soon as possible.

Hey there,

I'd love to get some ideas from you - those sound great!

Problem is, I'm not making any missions for us until this mod hits v0.9 - I'd rather not put work into something, only to have it fall apart if an update breaks it. I hope this mod is still in development.

- HateDread.

I've been having a break from the whole ARMA scene, and my reasoning for not doing what I used to is the very same as yours.

In any case, I suspect that the update wouldn't really outright break pre-made missions - probably just make them better in certain ways!

I've been staying away from arma2 for awhile, seeing how patches work out and waiting for OA to go GOTY before I touch it.

Glad this mod still works so well, and I'm especially happy your still making fantastic goodies for Arma2 :) This mod will never leave my mod folder. Just to much fun!