Yo I am having a few problems in LAN missions. Sometimes players cannot inject them selves and other times they just appear in the middle of the ocean while nothing was happening. You know we were just picking up ammo from dead bodies when BAM yay I am swimming!

Sup wit dat?

Yo I am having a few problems in LAN missions. Sometimes players cannot inject them selves and other times they just appear in the middle of the ocean while nothing was happening. You know we were just picking up ammo from dead bodies when BAM yay I am swimming!

Sup wit dat?

Im having some of the same problems. I know the Mod doesn't have MP support, so Its really hard to find help on the respawn issues. Here is what im dealing with.

1. Respawning in the middle of the ocean if you die by a zombie/undead.

-- I recommend not using respawn 3 in your description.ext. Instead make a respawn point some where. Yeah it sucks, but there isnt really much you can do about it.---

2. Medics give you the injection, or you Inject yourself, and you get the "Infection has been reversed", but you still die of it when the timer runs out. Other than that, everything else works great.

Hopefully Charon will get an update with these fixes out before OAH. Great Mod and everyone loves it.

Brooklyn.

www.clan-chk.com to see video of the Nightmare MP Mission.

Im having some of the same problems. I know the Mod doesn't have MP support, so Its really hard to find help on the respawn issues. Here is what im dealing with.

1. Respawning in the middle of the ocean if you die by a zombie/undead.

-- I recommend not using respawn 3 in your description.ext. Instead make a respawn point some where. Yeah it sucks, but there isnt really much you can do about it.---

2. Medics give you the injection, or you Inject yourself, and you get the "Infection has been reversed", but you still die of it when the timer runs out. Other than that, everything else works great.

Hopefully Charon will get an update with these fixes out before OAH. Great Mod and everyone loves it.

Brooklyn.

www.clan-chk.com to see video of the Nightmare MP Mission.

"Other than that"???

oh F...

I didn't use respawn at all because I wanted it to be scary. But then according to point 2. you die anyway after you inject so .. yeah.. that's why I appeared in the middle of the ocean.

Man this should be fixed like NOW! please!

Suddenly the searchlights turned off and I was left in the darkness with a couple of slugs and, a shitty pistol and one antidote syringe. I started screaming! I am a 33 year old man and I started screaming like a little girl.

Gave me a good laugh. You realize that this could also be describing a Jew who had just escaped a death camp? :butbut:

Anyone wanna set up a time with me to make an Undead server?

Now... May I ask you dear Charon. Is there a way I can disable the module message that appears on screen when the game starts? My Arma friends don't know I downloaded this and I am preparing a surprise for them. I don't want them to know there will be zombies in the game until they see an army of them.

I want them to think we are doing our usual "clear the town" thing.

I'm more interested in how you are going to cover the 300+MB mod DL that they require without giving it away? mainly because I'm looking at the same scenario.....

I'm more interested in how you are going to cover the 300+MB mod DL that they require without giving it away? mainly because I'm looking at the same scenario.....

I can tell you but I don't think you can afford it:

I have a LAN of 4 pcs in my room :)

I can tell you but I don't think you can afford it:

LOL cheers, not the solution i was after! Have fun!

Anyone wanna set up a time with me to make an Undead server?

www.clan-chk.com

We run MP zombie missions.

Charon...

Please fix the respawn issues :)

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

"Other than that"???

oh F...

I didn't use respawn at all because I wanted it to be scary. But then according to point 2. you die anyway after you inject so .. yeah.. that's why I appeared in the middle of the ocean.

Man this should be fixed like NOW! please!

This is what I did to fix the respawns for now....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1631309#post1631309

o man i been making mission for a long time.today i tested on my lan set up and you guys are right the injection is not working in MP everything else works great.

Indeed, I know you don't support MP support but my triggers on the mission get all out of order and random when I play in MP.

Is their anyway to make certain characters invincible to zombie attacks? I saw this in the missionmakers read me "CHN_SAFELIST%1", but that looks like it will only make the zombies avoid that unit. I want the zombies to still attack a specific unit, but I want the unit to not be affected by the attacks. I ask because I have a main character in my mission, who I obviously don't want to die = ). If this is possible any help would be appreciated to get it working.

Is their anyway to make certain characters invincible to zombie attacks? I saw this in the missionmakers read me "CHN_SAFELIST%1", but that looks like it will only make the zombies avoid that unit. I want the zombies to still attack a specific unit, but I want the unit to not be affected by the attacks. I ask because I have a main character in my mission, who I obviously don't want to die = ). If this is possible any help would be appreciated to get it working.

this allowdamage false

this allowdamage false

Already tried that = /, doesn't effect the zombies damage on you. Thanks for helping anyway mate.

Already tried that = /, doesn't effect the zombies damage on you. Thanks for helping anyway mate.

Just loop the following lines for that character in a script, it´s a crude workaround for your problem:

Character_name setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFECTED",false,true];

Just loop the following lines for that character in a script, it´s a crude workaround for your problem:

Thanks Charon for your help, tried it out just then. It keeps the character from getting the countdown, but is there anyway to stop the actual melee hits from the zombies killing the character? Or even be able to make it so that a certain character can take like ridiculous amount of hits before he dies?

Thanks = ).

Now... May I ask you dear Charon. Is there a way I can disable the module message that appears on screen when the game starts? My Arma friends don't know I downloaded this and I am preparing a surprise for them. I don't want them to know there will be zombies in the game until they see an army of them.

I want them to think we are doing our usual "clear the town" thing.

Can I bump this?

I promise we'll give full credit to Charon, but only AFTER the mission has been played! :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but have you released the unit classnames? If so, where can I find them? If not, do you plan to?

@Charon

Charon, do you know if the zombies that are spawned from the infected towns get removed from their respective groups once they die? I noticed a few dead zombie bodies were not dissapearing like they do when groups get removed. Not a big deal I suppose but really cuts down on my missions play time once the group limit is reach.

If they are not removed from groups - Is there a way to disable towns from spawning zombies and not just reporting that they are infected?

Thank you for your time (Yet again)

EDIT: How would I get a script that uses the command

CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDPOPUL1 

to repeat over and over again if a town gets infected and I want it to be set back to false?

~Mini

@MAJORdorMo

You could ask permission to de-PBO the addons. I'm sure they are all defined in there somewhere :)

~Mini

@bezzzy

If you use that script and use

vehicle addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];

on whoever you don't want to die. Not sure if thats how this addons handles the damage or not... Try it and report back?

~Mini

@Zeddy

I'm not too sure (because I have never done this) but can't you put a white/black filter over the screen for the duration that the words appear? At the very least the words would blend in with the background. Giving you the same effect.

~Mini

Edited by Minizzzile

Hi guys, sorry to be a bother but Im trying to spawn a group of Infected but I don't understand this command!

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

Can anyone show me a example? Thanks

Hi guys, sorry to be a bother but Im trying to spawn a group of Infected but I don't understand this command!

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

Can anyone show me a example? Thanks

I believe you just insert a point for "spawnpos" and put the number you want for "spawnnumber" but I could be mistaken. I will look into this further later once I got some nommage.

I tried multiple ways..

[_0,_35] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

which gives me the error "local variable in global space"

then i tried [0,0,_35] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

still failed.

So if you could give me a example that would be awesome and also yes, enjoy your food (:

I tried multiple ways..

[_0,_35] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

which gives me the error "local variable in global space"

then i tried [0,0,_35] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP

still failed.

So if you could give me a example that would be awesome and also yes, enjoy your food (:

Just curious, are you running this through a script file or actually in the mission editor?

I believe this command has to be ran through a script.