Holy s***!

Man, this is what happens when I don't play arma 2 for 4 months. This is how you make a zombie mod. I'm download it now, but if its works half as well as it does in the videos, I'm going to have a lot of fun.

I'm still unsure of how the mod works, but would it be possible to make circular trigger areas, and have zombies spawn inside them when players walk into the area? (and disappear when they leave it) because that'd be fantastic for an island-scale multiplayer mission.

your mod kicks bro love it. im new to this but getting by.can you stop the spawn module in away like blowing up a car or something (triggers)if you can how is it done.

thank you for this mod

Directly from the documentation coming with the mod that nobody reads :

The spawn operation can be stopped by setting this variable in

the module´s variable space :

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

where MODULENAME is the name of the module

Setting it to true again will make it continue to spawn

Directly from the documentation coming with the mod that nobody reads

Maybe you should put this in your signature? Just throwing ideas out there haha.

READ TEH D**N README'S

That way, when people ask you for help that could be easily found out in the documentation, you would just have to quote your signature.

Maybe you should put this in your signature? Just throwing ideas out there haha.

That way, when people ask you for help that could be easily found out in the documentation, you would just have to quote your signature.

Hehe, the whole forum should be renamed to "ACE2 posts only in the ACE2 thread" and this thread should be renamed like "Undead Mod-All your answers are in the docs" ;)

Well i lost count of how many times i had to point to the docs in this thread, actually i should just stop doing it :rolleyes:

Haha, now! I have a question for you that isn't in the documentation.

I was just wondering if you knew any of the side effects of someone being on a different version of your mod then the host is?

For example: My friend is a version below me but the game seems to still work when I host. I just don't think he can use revert virus or some non-sense. How does that whole thing work?

Yet again, thank you for your time.

EDIT:

Ha! I think this is a pretty big achievement! Bravo sir!

http://forums.bistudio.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1595792

-Added support for Undead mod units

:D

Edited by Minizzzile

Haha, now! I have a question for you that isn't in the documentation.

I was just wondering if you knew any of the side effects of someone being on a different version of your mod then the host is?

For example: My friend is a version below me but the game seems to still work when I host. I just don't think he can use revert virus or some non-sense. How does that whole thing work?

Yet again, thank you for your time.

EDIT:

Ha! I think this is a pretty big achievement! Bravo sir!

http://forums.bistudio.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1595792

-Added support for Undead mod units

:D

Hmm, it is never advisable to play on differing versions.

Why dont you guys use the same version, thus no problems ?!

Let me start with...I have read your docs. I tore your demos to pieces. Like I said in my first!! post, I am new to all this mod and scripting. I have been following your mod since the first beta realease. Thanks to you and your mod, I have learned alot about script and mission making. For some reason, my brain is tied in a knot from learning all this stuff. I just can't figure out how to stop the spawn mod from spawning. My question is, can I use a trigger to stop it. If you can, please help me with this. Please explain to me in detail how to do it-before I lose my mind! I have been able to impliment everything else in your mod, but I am haveing a problem doing this. Thank you for the great mod you put out. Your hard work is really appreciated.

Let me start with...I have read your docs. I tore your demos to pieces. Like I said in my first!! post, I am new to all this mod and scripting. I have been following your mod since the first beta realease. Thanks to you and your mod, I have learned alot about script and mission making. For some reason, my brain is tied in a knot from learning all this stuff. I just can't figure out how to stop the spawn mod from spawning. My question is, can I use a trigger to stop it. If you can, please help me with this. Please explain to me in detail how to do it-before I lose my mind! I have been able to impliment everything else in your mod, but I am haveing a problem doing this. Thank you for the great mod you put out. Your hard work is really appreciated.

actually i would like to know this aswell

Name the module in the editor something like : "Spawnmodule1"

then when the time has come to stop spawning make a script (or a trigger) execute the command line : Spawnmodule1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false]

Now you are in business.

If you don´t know how triggers work please read the respective manuals/tuts as i can only limit my explanations to undead-mod related stuff.

your the best bro i got it now!!!!!!! i put Spawnmodule1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false] in the on act of the trigger and its work fine.

thanks bro.if you are in brooklyn ny one day pm me and ill buy you a beer....

Why dont you guys use the same version, thus no problems ?!

I am currently on the version you gave me for testing and I did not want to give it out without your permission obviously. I suppose I could down-grade...but then again, that would break my mission!

I am currently on the version you gave me for testing and I did not want to give it out without your permission obviously. I suppose I could down-grade...but then again, that would break my mission!

Perhaps back it up, whenever you play with your friend, just use the current version, when not playing with him/her, use the version he gave you

Perhaps back it up, whenever you play with your friend, just use the current version, when not playing with him/her, use the version he gave you

I would do that! But, sadly, if I go back a version the spawning module does not work properly anymore.

I do, however, do what you already suggested when we are doing anything that dosen't deal with spawning modules.

@minizzzile

2) Recruit surviving AI civilians and arm them with weapons (If they don't already have one) to help you fight.

How do you recruit AI is there a mod for that. ill like to use that in my mission.and do you dismissed them. thanks

Edited by raven1720

@minizzzile

2) Recruit surviving AI civilians and arm them with weapons (If they don't already have one) to help you fight.

How do you recruit AI is there a mod for that. ill like to use that in my mission.and do you dismissed them. thanks

Recruiting AI is a script that is actually in these forums a few pages back.

Giving the AI equipment is part of ACE 2. I do not know a way to dismiss the AI

thanks minizzzzz i got the AI to recruit. i like to dismiss the AI when im done w them.

ill keep on working at it.

thanks minizzzzz i got the AI to recruit. i like to dismiss the AI when im done w them.

ill keep on working at it.

I heard that getting the AI to be dismissed is a tough thing to do. I couldn't figure out how to do it at least...

I'm having an issue where independant mercenaries aren't being changed to default zombies. I just get an error every time one of them dies while infected. The same units on BLUFOR change to zombies with no problems.

Are independants not meant to change to zombie defaults? It was going to be a large plot point in my campaign to use them...

could someone edit the alice module so it spawns a zombie along with the civies, getting annoyed at placing a zombie in a town and finding it has wandered off by the time the civs spawn. btw i love the idea of a spreading virus, such an innovative use of open world environments, my only gripe is with the unpopulated areas. are there no scripts that give civies basic functionality? i know of civ traffic module are there any others?

just an idea: make civies spawn based on zombies relative location. ie. civs spawn when z is within 1000m etc. then you could place one z and allow to roam infecting the whole island in a truly procedural fashion!

another idea: implement events that cause outbreak? ie. gas leak/radiation infecting all who come in to contact or rage infested monk- no wait that would be f**king stupid.

ya minizzzz it over my head.ill kill the doctor thats how i will dismiss him. a good old 9mm to the head will do.hey i made a script ill call it the 9mm dismiss script lol.: )

btw i love the idea of a spreading virus, such an innovative use of open world environments, my only gripe is with the unpopulated areas. are there no scripts that give civies basic functionality? i know of civ traffic module are there any others

Oh Nagova virus.....I do miss you.

Oh Nagova virus.....I do miss you.

He he, Dude. I'm always thinking that...

This mod is really good, I downloaded it ages ago and have finally got around to it. I was playing with headphones the other night and for the first time I noticed the group of zombies are screaming and ranting, very cool and very eery.

Question, it seems I cannot hear it through the speakers unless I crank it up, is there a way to make this louder? Is this something you plan to release?

Awesome mod man, will recommend it to my old OpF buddy's.

Great mod, but it dosent work with ACE to well.... In jets you always experience G force and blackout every 2 seconds and on the ground M203 launchers have a delayed reaction, you die at about 3 mins of being infected (probably because of ACE) and if you throw a grenade it goes up a certain height and just bounces across an invisible barrier in mid air.... Wish I could play it man.