4 brave hunters find themselves in the middle of a midnight zombie apocalypse. As they make their way to a small village they suddenly find their ranks reduced.

(We're talking in Swedish).

Just added a new function that infects all locations except a list of locations passed to the functions (like safezones etc.) That save a lot of work and creates a nice basis for missions where the scenario is supposed to be that the whole island is infected already.

For the next update, i will try to just come up with a new variablename to toggle the map markers for those that don`t want them.

Maybe also the infected->human substance will be included.

infallmap1.jpg

Edited by Charon Productions

Charon.

Is it normal that sometimes the infected go prone and other times they run past you or just go somewhere else sometimes.

For example ill have 5 infected chasing me but theres one in the background not to far away that is just running somewhere random. At times these will be the first near me then run past me then thats when the "normal" ones show up and start chasing me.

Charon.

Is it normal that sometimes the infected go prone and other times they run past you or just go somewhere else sometimes.

For example ill have 5 infected chasing me but theres one in the background not to far away that is just running somewhere random. At times these will be the first near me then run past me then thats when the "normal" ones show up and start chasing me.

Infected can`t go prone, maybe in the first 10 seconds of initialization or when injured too much, so they can`t walk anymore. They are set to "UP" in any case.

The one in the background is the group leader. Without the custom movement of the runners, they all would do what he does (having a relaxed walk) which is not very frightening or effective at all. The group leader does the path planning for the group and exhibits the vanilla arma AI movement.

They run past you , because the Arma2 engine halts the script execution in favor of FPS resulting in delayed data processing, nothing can be done about that.

Edited by Charon Productions

Okay so Infected arent supposed to go prone AT ALL?

I see atleast 1 or 2 everytime i play. So this isnt supposed to happen then?

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Oh, just re-read. So its normal for them to go prone when injured then?

Anyhow are the chances of this happening so much that i should see multiple ones every playthrough?

Edited by WMike20052

Awsome mod charon!

was just thinking of a thing. If I remember right you sid once that you culd play a game where the zombies dosent run around trying to infect the whole island but just goes for the closest humans? I realy whant to make a mission where the only zombies that becomes zombies is the units I placed on the map without having new zombies spawn from no where.

Do I remember right and how wold I do that if its true?

Thanks in advance :)

///Best wishes 3inar!

Awsome mod charon!

was just thinking of a thing. If I remember right you sid once that you culd play a game where the zombies dosent run around trying to infect the whole island but just goes for the closest humans? I realy whant to make a mission where the only zombies that becomes zombies is the units I placed on the map without having new zombies spawn from no where.

Do I remember right and how wold I do that if its true?

Thanks in advance :)

///Best wishes 3inar!

As described in the documentation set the groups in question to:

(group _undead) getvariable "CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP"

true: when the group is a non-migrating town spawn group

As described in the documentation set the groups in question to:

Ok thanks but where shold I put that line? have tried puting itin the init but i just get alot of missing messages :(

Ok thanks but where shold I put that line? have tried puting itin the init but i just get alot of missing messages :(

Okay i did not know that you are not familiar with scipting.

You have to use the command:

(group this) setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP"",true,true]

in the init-line of the group leader.

Since initialization of the undead module happens at runtime, this value might be overwitten by the module`s initialization.

If it does not work for you you must

call a script from your init.sqf that waits 15 seconds after start-up and

then executes:

GROUPNAME setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP"",true,true];

Since initialization of the undead module happens at runtime, this value might be overwitten by the module`s initialization.

then executes:

Ah ok thanks alot :)

And yea I know some scripting but its all a blur to me right now so I might be a bitt confused :p

Thanks again and awsome mod;)

Hi great mod mate, but how do i get fast zombies?

EDIT: bleh stupid me, i placed zombies instead of infected.

Edited by thedudesam

Hay charon, i just tryed the safe area thing and i must say this:

maybe you should make it to where, if the Zeds cannot get to the survivors in Safe Area, they will hunt the nearest target outside of said safe area

Two inquiries.

1) When playing, there will be certain times that I Alt-tab and come back to the game, or just use the steam overlay to look at something over the web. Well, after closing and going back to the game, all my keys, controls fail to work. I can only spin my character around and shoot. Only happens with using this mod. Really annoying as it forces me to manually turn the game off.

2) I've always wondered about usage of the modules, is there a certain "radius" when you place them and they only work to that distance? Or if you place ONE on the map ANYWHERE then it will work for all Infected/Zombies that are on the map, anywhere spread out?

Hay charon, i just tryed the safe area thing and i must say this:

maybe you should make it to where, if the Zeds cannot get to the survivors in Safe Area, they will hunt the nearest target outside of said safe area

That would make them completely ignore targets in the safe area. It is rather difficult to handle all those target priorities.

You have to keep in mind that this is based upon knowsabout-values as this is the only realistic way in contrast to them knowing about any target on the map.

I cannot promise it, but i will look into a solution to have them continue their patrol when they can`t reach safezone targets.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Two inquiries.

1) When playing, there will be certain times that I Alt-tab and come back to the game, or just use the steam overlay to look at something over the web. Well, after closing and going back to the game, all my keys, controls fail to work. I can only spin my character around and shoot. Only happens with using this mod. Really annoying as it forces me to manually turn the game off.

2) I've always wondered about usage of the modules, is there a certain "radius" when you place them and they only work to that distance? Or if you place ONE on the map ANYWHERE then it will work for all Infected/Zombies that are on the map, anywhere spread out?

1) Never happened to me, as you can imagine i Alt-tab constantly out of the game. It must be something with your OS.

2 The module controls the whole map

So only ONE module needs to be used and that covers the whole map then?

Also I can vouche for the "invisible attacks" since, I've been observing a horde in a town from far away only to get killed from attacks coming from nowhere. Has happened occasionaly when being on the roof of a building and sorrounded as well.

So only ONE module needs to be used and that covers the whole map then?

Also I can vouche for the "invisible attacks" since, I've been observing a horde in a town from far away only to get killed from attacks coming from nowhere. Has happened occasionaly when being on the roof of a building and sorrounded as well.

One module covers the whole map.

Do you use ACE?

No I don't.

Well, i can`t reproduce that error. Never ran into it in hundreds of tests, so until i know what is different in the configuration of people that experience this error i am afraid that i won`t be able to determine what causes it and fix it.

then executes:

Not sure why, but every time I try to start my mission to see if it worrked it crashes :/ It worked the first time When there where only me(player) and the zombie on the map, but now When I add one unit the computer keeps crashing... :( tried 2 times and both ended upp in Computer crashes.

I made a Init.SQF file and added the line in that, also tried the other way in the units init field but then I keep getting missing warnings. Dont know what I am doing wrong.(and as I satated befor I am verry beginner on scripting).

Not sure why, but every time I try to start my mission to see if it worrked it crashes :/ It worked the first time When there where only me(player) and the zombie on the map, but now When I add one unit the computer keeps crashing... :( tried 2 times and both ended upp in Computer crashes.

I made a Init.SQF file and added the line in that, also tried the other way in the units init field but then I keep getting missing warnings. Dont know what I am doing wrong.(and as I satated befor I am verry beginner on scripting).

Write into the init field of the zombie group leader in the editor:

ZEDGRP1=group this

Make another script called "Spawn1.sqf"

Write into it :

Sleep 15;

ZEDGRP1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true];

Write into your init.sqf:

[] execVM "Spawn1.sqf";

Could be lag compensation, considering I like to push it to max before my PC starts chopping (:

I like the radio chatter you put in, it gives it a sense of immersion, perhaps in a future update you could add more? Maybe even actual sound and not text that would be great. (If possible I could hunt for some for you to use)

"We're being overrun!"

"There's too many of them!"

More of that in the radio chatter would increase immersion along with a generic model for custom NPCs would make a great update in the future.

Sidenote; My paralyzing bug issue seems to only happen on Island Dula for some odd reason :\

I'm trying to use CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDGRPCNT to control the activation of a trigger, but it doesn't seem to be working.

(CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDGRPCNT < 2) && this && isserver

Any idea, Charon?

I'm trying to use CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDGRPCNT to control the activation of a trigger, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any idea, Charon?

Since CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDGRPCNT is working, it can only be the other conditions and that depends on your mission. So is your machine that runs the script server?