Can the guys who are starting to get angry please chill out?

It's only one guy updating and developing this mod for you, while attempting to reply to all the posts.

Cut him some slack, eh?

Yeah, I appreciate his dedication to this. Music thing sounds great as well. Thanks for the new updated version by the way :D. When are you going away for those few weeks?

Edited by bezzzy

Just wanna report a bug, not exactly sure if it's related to the addon or not but it's only started happening since I have installed the undead mod, I'll post sceencaps of the exact error and report what exactly is happening in a post edit momentarily.

Actually... this could take a lot longer than expected...

EDIT:

Okay so here's the deal

I'm trying to get a natural spread thing going on here starting in a lightly populated city on the "Kellu" map, this is probably the problem, the mod works fine on Utes, but for some reason I had the exact same error on Chernarus as I had on Kellu. Well anyway, I'm trying to start a natural spread thing going on, starting with one infected with the ACM and Infected Module up and running, all seems to be working well... until the map finishes loading. and then I get this error 2ujic7a.jpg

and then instantly after that, the game crashes to desktop... then I am left baffled and questioning my faith.

Any answers?

Edited by Dmahon

One request and thats it. Is it possible for you to make it compatible with most of the Unit Addons out already for ArmA II? That would be great!

Anyways, totally awesome mod, been waiting for it...

@Dmahon

Hmm..this looks serious enough :/

Have u checked if the same issue occurred in Version 0.80?

I can see your screenshot was taken by 0.81 V tho..

@Enad lol...from Armaholic site..in "units" section it has 4pagesX15 unit addons (well..except the last 1 maybe 6)

:D

@Above request;

Couldn't one check the class of the unit being infected, say, infantry, plus gender, then throwing in one of the default infection models that matches that?

Simply to avoid errors and what-not. I wouldn't care that the model changes.

Have u checked if the same issue occurred in Version 0.80?

Yes I have, in fact the main reason I downloaded 0.81 was to see if it would get rid of that error.

It's probably my fault, I think I'm running something near 5gb of mods simultaneously with this one so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just clashing with something for whatever reason.

Just wanna report a bug, not exactly sure if it's related to the addon or not but it's only started happening since I have installed the undead mod, I'll post sceencaps of the exact error and report what exactly is happening in a post edit momentarily.

EDIT:

Okay so here's the deal

I'm trying to get a natural spread thing going on here starting in a lightly populated city on the "Kellu" map, this is probably the problem, the mod works fine on Utes, but for some reason I had the exact same error on Chernarus as I had on Kellu. Well anyway, I'm trying to start a natural spread thing going on, starting with one infected with the ACM and Infected Module up and running, all seems to be working well... until the map finishes loading. and then I get this error 2ujic7a.jpg

and then instantly after that, the game crashes to desktop... then I am left baffled and questioning my faith.

Any answers?

its refering to the unit model that is beng turned into a zombie. There is none so it will just go to the default zombie skin...

I think

Maybe there could be one model for a really decomposed zombie with no regognisable clothing or gender. It could appear everytime somebody with an incompatible model would get infected and killed. Personally I don't really mind. We tried a couple of coop games last night and in one of them I was playing as an insurgent and one of my squad members got infected. When he turned there was only an error message so it would be nice if he would just turn to a civilian or a russian zombie instead of just disappearing. Then again I was being chased by a couple of other zombies so I can't say if he actually just lagged and turned into one of them when I wasn't looking.

I was surprised how well the zombies work in MP. I didn't try infecting towns but I added them to a bunch of villages and tested the spawning script from your example missions. We had no lag or problems and it was fun to see my previous character walking around as a zombie after I respawned.

Dogmeat, could you possibly look into the multiplayer validity of infection/migration?

I would if I could, but no ArmA 2 friends with the mod + 64K net = ):

EDIT:

Okay so here's the deal

Any answers?

As you can easily see in the error message, it is related to the map.

I have nowhere in the mod used such a texture file.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

One request and thats it. Is it possible for you to make it compatible with most of the Unit Addons out already for ArmA II? That would be great!

Anyways, totally awesome mod, been waiting for it...

Hmm, you don`t understand how this is working technically.

All the zombies in the mod have been retextured.

So if someone (Addonmaker) wants a certain unit to appear as a zombie he would have to retexture his units to look like zombies and then adhere to the undead mod config naming convention. Only then would custom unit addons show up as their zombie counterparts.

Charon you should get a medal or something,words can't even describe how impressive is your mod.

Seeing CDF outposts and evacuation locations overrun,running for my life being stranded with my team in towns and seeing those infected coming from everywhere,that last chopper on the hill making evacuation runs and so close to reach it(yet so late because I was already infected).

Hell every hour another memorable story is born and Schnaps Blackops with masks are perfect for this mod.You managed to capture the Left 4 Dead tension with this mod(slow ass zombies never appealed me,no sense of danger or anything).

All we need now is an Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine character and we have Arma2-Biohazard.:p

Btw,probabily you will take a break but in the future do you plan to add some "support creatures"?What I mean is some fast and deadly creatures to accompany the hordes of infected like the Left4Dead smoker,witch or hunter?

Or something like RE licker http://residentevil.wikia.com/File:Licker0.jpg and Nemesis http://residentevil.wikia.com/File:Nemesis0.jpg ?

Not sure how hard will be to implement creatures like those but anyway just some ideas,even if you don't plan to add anything else the mod is already great.

Is there a variable to turn off the markers being shown on the map, where infections occurred, in cities/towns?

Hey Charon QQ.

If you have too many zombies, they had trouble hitting people right? As in they completley run passed them at times? Is this the lag your talking about?

Hmm, you don`t understand how this is working technically.

All the zombies in the mod have been retextured.

So if someone (Addonmaker) wants a certain unit to appear as a zombie he would have to retexture his units to look like zombies and then adhere to the undead mod config naming convention. Only then would custom unit addons show up as their zombie counterparts.

Adding to Dogmeat's suggestion; Is there any chance of adding a function where if an infection/zombification action occurs on a unit who's model was not accounted for by the addon, a substitute model is selected at random from a number of already existing models. This way if a group of custom units are infected, they don't all become the same model.

IMO having custom units become random civi or military zombies/infected is a better option than just changing them to a generic unidentifiable model; a better result for only a tiny bit more coding (a random function :P ).

Great work with this addon, though, I'm loving it!

It even pushed one of my friends over the edge in his decision to purchase ARMA II! Heh.

Make that two friends, now!

Edited by Frohman

2ujic7a.jpg

Irregardless of what Charon said eariler in the thread, i at least get this error from certain units. They're quite a few, but basically 'most' "named" civilians such as adjutant etc (who arent avalible as zombies) seem to create this error. Why, i have no idea!

Okay i will consider replacing non-accounted custom units with generic soldier models.

My main focus, in the little time i have for this at the moment, is to create missions and see what could be missing to create quarantine-kind of missions.

I noticed that a function to set certain towns to infected status at start-up would be helpful for that.

@Hatedread:

Is there a variable to turn off the markers being shown on the map, where infections occurred, in cities/towns?

I initially considered it, but since i had to add an additional scope to the town infection script the global variable is not at the right scope position and i don`t want to risk disrupting functionality by restructuring the script scopes.

Edited by Charon Productions

Just curious, what functions are missing for MP? So far I've had a blast with MP, and I think 99% of the people playing this wants it for MP purposes. So even if your time for development is tight, I think if anything you should focus on making the MP have less bugs, since I think it's where people will play it the most.

Outstanding work so far, why "quit" now :D

Charon, I didn't read the whole thread but your Zombie are working fine in Multiplayer.

Me and few other guys from TacticalGamer just had a blast last night. We were playing few small missions that I made.

We didn't test the infection spread, etc... but its not necessary in MP. The important thing is that Zombie and Undead are working in Multiplayer, just like they did in OFP and Arma I.

You should consider writing information, that it is MP compatible, but some of the features are turned off :).

Our thread on TG Forum: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-general-discussion/155089-undead-mod-released-7-pm-eastern-time-tonight-test-contact-me-details.html.

---------------------------------

Is there a way that you could release light version [mainly scripts] (without zombie models, but we could use injured civilians)? For MP purposes.

PS: GREAT JOB !!!

Maybe there could be one model for a really decomposed zombie with no regognisable clothing or gender. It could appear everytime somebody with an incompatible model would get infected and killed. Personally I don't really mind. We tried a couple of coop games last night and in one of them I was playing as an insurgent and one of my squad members got infected. When he turned there was only an error message so it would be nice if he would just turn to a civilian or a russian zombie instead of just disappearing.

I agree, that would be really nice.

That makes me think of the zombified soldier in a barrel from the Return Of the Living Dead series. Those would be KILLER to have in the mod if there was a model of them (:

Hey Charon QQ again.

If you have too many zombies, they had trouble hitting people right? As in they completley run passed them at times? Is this the lag your talking about?

The Undead Mod V0.81 part1

Fixed zeds "running in the air" for a too long time in steep terrains

now the Zeds don't get to Walk on Sunshine :(

but i have found i bug with the resurrection animation, sometimes it doesn't play and the infected person will just burst out as a infected but his animations go back and fourth (He stops and then walks like a zed, it then does it again, they also drop into the ground a bunch of times then start SWIMMING! ) It happend when 2 or more people died from an infection (used triggers , of course)

Edited by That guy Over there