Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

CAMP - Dogs Of War

SP/Coop Campaign DOGS OF WAR V.1.9

dogsk.jpg

Campaign overview:

This is a fictional 10 mission campaign of conflict between insurgents, Russia and US in soil of Chernarus.

You take the role of different soldiers of USMC in this campaign. A kind of like OFP:CWC.

You'll be leading regular infantry grunts to assault towns, flying air raids with AH-64D/AH-1Z, supporting troops with UH-1Y, leading spec ops unit to gather intelligence info & destroy enemy defences, commanding tank platoon to victory and more.

Gameplay in these missions is focused more on realism than action (COD). So there will be no sneaking missions to enemy base. ;)

supports 1-4 player coop game too. Hopefully it will work without hassle.

hints:

- In spec ops missions you can and is recommended to change gear in "briefing room" before the mission starts.

- You may think that medic is perhaps deaf, but he isn't. He's just a "little" slow to react sometimes.

- In Wrath Of God mission there is 2 snipers around town that you can control.

- Fade to Black mission has two endings. The other one is harder to achieve and even might be impossible. (btw. If anyone gets it post here about it. )

Installation: Extract the pbo to your Arma2/campaigns folder. Create one if it doesn't exist.

Addons needed: None whatsoever. :) Just plain vanilla Arma2 and your good to go.

Addons recommended:

JTD FireAndSmoke

Chammy Sound Mod

Download links:

http://www.filefront.com/16371231/DogsOfWar_V1.9.rar

Armaholic mirror:

- Dogs of War

Edited by Potatomasher
update

This really opened my eyes how difficult is it to make a good campaign. There's so many factors here. You are suddenly out of ideas, you feel bored, your wife get's on your face(can't really blame her) ;)

When you're making one mission you can put a lot of though in that one mission, but when you're making campaign you should have lot's of ideas and most importantly you need to know how to make them work in editor.

This isn't exactly same quality as Bardosy's wonderful campaign or Sick1 but i hope someone will spend even one night with this. :)

Bleh. Now i'm going to have some break from this... Week maybe. :)

in your face

'on your face' implies something sexual :D

thanks for another camp

best community in the business

:yay:

in your face

'on your face' implies something sexual :D

thanks for another camp

best community in the business

:yay:

Hahhah. Good point. :D

Thanks for the campaign! Much appreciated.

Do you think it will run properly with ACE2?

Thanks for the campaign! Much appreciated.

Do you think it will run properly with ACE2?

Don't know for sure, but very well could run just fine. I have ACE installed, but haven't tested myself yet.

Seems too. I am running it with ACE and haven't come accross any serious bugs.

But I think maybe the Battlefield clearance module should be used on some of the missions, I just completed the village clearance and it's a pain to have to heal your guys in plain sight of the enemy. But I am progressing well at least I was until the flying bit. I fly like a brick and I just keep getting blown out of the sky :)

SD

But I think maybe the Battlefield clearance module should be used on some of the missions, I just completed the village clearance and it's a pain to have to heal your guys in plain sight of the enemy.

SD

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll add that in a next update.

Nice missions! Simple and Fun the way i like. But the mission with the chopper (third one i guess) Has a bug IF played with ACE: The gunner don´t lock the targets, i have to play this mission without mods and it worked fine :)

Nice missions! Simple and Fun the way i like.

Thanks. Yeah i think that simple & fun line fits through the whole campaign.

Personally i don't like missions where you need to load game 100x to finally finish it. It takes away some of the immersion there might be in playing the missions. And hardly in real life squads or platoons get wiped out completely. Well, maybe in Vietnam war but not in modern conflicts. ;)

When i'm making missions i play them and if i feel that some mission is turned out to be boring i just delete it and start working on another. I'm not talented mission maker so i had to keep my missions simple as possible.

Thanks for the new campaign! Going to test it out whenever I get the chance :).

Always appreciate new campaign makers. :) Salute! Downloading!

UPDATE : one perhaps not so significant but somewhat irritating thing... please use .txt or .pdf format for readmes... word format really irritates.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

all is good up to now , im at the airfield ( the flight mission) . thank you for the campaign.

Nice missions! Simple and Fun the way i like. But the mission with the chopper (third one i guess) Has a bug IF played with ACE: The gunner don´t lock the targets, i have to play this mission without mods and it worked fine :)

It's because ACE removed the "TAB-lock" feature, so you actually have to use the targeting system for the Hellfires - MP gameplay wise I guess -, but if you use the target submenu (2) you can choose the targets manually. Give it a try in ACE.

hahaha, I am stuck at the chopper mission as well. Just suck at air craft fighting especially when there are infantries firing shit at me...ahhahaa

Mission updated

Changelog V. 1.1

- Added Battlefield clearance to all infantry missions

- Trigger fix in Air Raid mission

- Fixed couple of typos

- Changed some enemy placements

First of all thanks for this campaign!

This campaign look great and it's great to see a campaign that doesn't need ANY mods at all!

I also noticed that while it's "possible" to host and play this campaign in a multiplayer enviourment, there's only one slot available (at least in the first mission). My sugestion for this campaign so far is:

- It would be great to have more playable slots available so that this campaign could be played in co-op too!

Hotfix released.

- Air Raid mission ended right after completing objective and not after returning to CO. Not exactly a show stopper, but anything can happen on a way back to base...

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

First of all thanks for this campaign!

This campaign look great and it's great to see a campaign that doesn't need ANY mods at all!

I also noticed that while it's "possible" to host and play this campaign in a multiplayer enviourment, there's only one slot available (at least in the first mission). My sugestion for this campaign so far is:

- It would be great to have more playable slots available so that this campaign could be played in co-op too!

Thanks.

I think this campaign may be a little too easy with Co-op, but i can add more slots later if wanted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Now Coop version added. See first post for links.

Edited by Potatomasher

WoW that was fast - adding a co-op version of this campaign!

Thanks Potatomasher!

WoW that was fast - adding a co-op version of this campaign!

Thanks Potatomasher!

I haven't tested coop myself so i really don't know how it will work. So basicly you're a beta tester of it. ;)

I'm just working on new mission that i'm going to add to this campaign. Also original missions are being improved. Haven't decided yet if i'm going to add some music to missions aswell. That would increase the size of campaign greatly so i'm not sure is it wise.

Edited by Potatomasher

hahaha, I am stuck at the chopper mission as well. Just suck at air craft fighting especially when there are infantries firing shit at me...ahhahaa

So. Have you guys got through the Air raid mission ? :)

yeah. I'm on the Black forest mission where you have to neutralise the AA. Enjoying this so far, nice work PM

Not sure on the music though, I would make it an optional download if I were you, I always have my music turned off anyway.

SD

At the Black mission forest, how many Satchel charge do i need to destroy the AA?? Only one doesn't seem to disturb it :-/

I gave everyone a M136 to take out the Tungusgas and the BMP's.. Try to take out the supporting infantry quickly or they will use flares to call for reinforcements the sneaky buggers :)

SD