Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

CAMP - Dogs Of War

I placed all the mines and charges around the farm

Then load heavy weapons on the truck and drove into woods

After the Russian began to advance, I fired all missiles (including SA-7) toward the tanks, then retreat into the wood in East. wait until reamining tanks crossed the charges and blew them to the hell...

Finally, I picked off rest infantry with KVSK and SVDs

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

seems there is a bug for the trigger in the airport

So I used console to force end the mission

I am having troubles with Battle of Helm mission,

the one where you insert the SF team with your chopper and then support them. I manage not to get shot down but I run out of ammo after a while and still the area below is sworn with infantry. Am I missing out here anything?

I am having troubles with Battle of Helm mission,

the one where you insert the SF team with your chopper and then support them. I manage not to get shot down but I run out of ammo after a while and still the area below is sworn with infantry. Am I missing out here

anything?

No there's no special "catch" here. If you have used all ammo you can try to land near spot where you dropped the SF team. There's ammo crates nearby. Pick weapon of your choice and eliminate rest of the enemies like regular foot soldier.

Well I have noticed I can switch unit to another pilot next to a AH-1 Cobra, so I reverted the mission, took out my co-pilot from the Venom, and got him in the Cobra as gunner, took off and deployed the SF team. Then I moved away from the insertion point and switched to the Cobra pilot, and now I had a gunner. The Cobra was much more efficient in clearing the infantry resistance in the town and voila- mission complete :)

I have now completed the campaign. Last mission was fun. Thanks for your efforts Potatomasher, and good job!

Well, I tried this out first with ACE, GL4, SLX and Zeus-Ace.........I got my butt kicked in the second mission and for some reason, my main dude was Superman and couldn't be killed (don't know how that happened) and still lost my whole squad.....

I think I'll try it out this time with SLX and Zeus (non-ace) because.....I LIKE TO WIN!!

Dear Mr. Potatomasher,

[Whimpy rant]

I reverted to Recruit difficulty and damn me, I can't get through Village Sweep.

Any way you can update that mission with an Artillery Strike, U.S. Armor rolling in, CAS or something to lend a hand? I am completely overwhelmed:(

So far, it's fun as hell.......but dying isn't.[/end of whimpy rant]

Dear Mr. Potatomasher,

[Whimpy rant]

I reverted to Recruit difficulty and damn me, I can't get through Village Sweep.

Any way you can update that mission with an Artillery Strike, U.S. Armor rolling in, CAS or something to lend a hand? I am completely overwhelmed:(

So far, it's fun as hell.......but dying isn't.[/end of whimpy rant]

I'll see what i can do when i have time.

There are couple of other missions too that are too hard for some of you so i might change them some way.

Ok. I decided to change just this one mission. I still have enormous motivation problems. Maybe OA will get my interest back. Or i hope so.

Changelog V. 1.9

- Added friendly artillery to mission Village Sweep

- Added one M1A1 to support convoy

Hasanyone tested it in Coop so far?

I suppose there are some differences in the endcondition (not thinking about dedicated though) triggers.

Hasanyone tested it in Coop so far?

I suppose there are some differences in the endcondition (not thinking about dedicated though) triggers.

No i didn't bother to change it in anyway compared to SP. Basicly you can just have your friend playing with you and cause havoc.

Primarily this campaign is for single players. As i know there are guys who only play SP and don't hardly ever play MP. Just like myself.

Great campaign so far. I barely finished Village Sweep (I had two squadmates alive when done) but it was intense. It's also good to see so much action with very little drop in framerates. Good job.

Was it intended for the APC crew to jump out of the vehicle on Village Sweep when they reach their last waypoint or was it my ACE2and GL4 addon?

btw, it works pretty well with ACE2 and GL4 so far...

Anyway great missions, nothing beats a successful mission accomplished.

Was it intended for the APC crew to jump out of the vehicle on Village Sweep when they reach their last waypoint or was it my ACE2and GL4 addon?

btw, it works pretty well with ACE2 and GL4 so far...

Anyway great missions, nothing beats a successful mission accomplished.

dont know if it is intended, but they do jump out in vanilla arma too.

what i did then was that i jumped back in in the drivers position and ordered one of my men to get in in the gunners position, that way the mission is pretty easy...:) just be aware of the mines in the road !

dont know if it is intended, but they do jump out in vanilla arma too.

what i did then was that i jumped back in in the drivers position and ordered one of my men to get in in the gunners position, that way the mission is pretty easy...:) just be aware of the mines in the road !

Yea, did almost the same except I assigned 2 grunts to go in to be the driver and gunner, with that I got an armored scout/fodder.

Was it intended for the APC crew to jump out of the vehicle on Village Sweep when they reach their last waypoint

Yes they bail out for a reason. There's lot's of infantry with rpgs near drop off point and when i beta tested, lot's of times we got hit by a rpg very soon. So i thought this way the enemies don't destroy the APC and you may use it yourself later when you have secured the area.

Though now in version 1.9 when you have artillery available and also one tank that comes with the support convoy this mission is walk in the park if you just drive around with that APC. :)

And thanks to all who gave feedback. Much appreciated.

Dude! So much more fun now. Finally got through 'Village Sweep'.

Having a blast.

Well, I'm stuck at Fade to Black. When we arrived to extraction zone, 3 T-90's with dozens of infantrymen rushed our position. After loosing armor (Javelins, HELL YEAH!), and like 20-30 troops (with 2 KIA on my side) enemy divided and most ran into forest, while some others took our extraction zone. We recaptured extraction zone, called bird, flew to the base and nothing. Bird is just flying 50m above airstrip.

Do I seriously have to kill ALL OF THEM?!

No ACE, just CBA and ZGB

Well, I'm stuck at Fade to Black. When we arrived to extraction zone, 3 T-90's with dozens of infantrymen rushed our position. After loosing armor (Javelins, HELL YEAH!), and like 20-30 troops (with 2 KIA on my side) enemy divided and most ran into forest, while some others took our extraction zone. We recaptured extraction zone, called bird, flew to the base and nothing. Bird is just flying 50m above airstrip.

Do I seriously have to kill ALL OF THEM?!

No ACE, just CBA and ZGB

It seems something is wrong with the end trigger in the base. The mission should end after you get there.

Another way to end mission is kill all enemies near evac zone. (hardest)

And lastly the third and easiest way to end this mission is to die. Yes you heard it right. :rolleyes:

So at this point i just recommend to load save before entering chopper and let yourself die. Just remember to call the evac chopper before dying. Otherwise the end trigger isn't activated if i remember correctly.

At least you get through the mission that way.

I always wanted to make mission that has shitty ending and not like usual hollywood style happy ending. Everybody survives and gets a big hooray party back home. I wanted to make something different for a change like in some good movies like in Cross of Iron from Sam Peckinpah.

Now i know at least two guys have managed to survive the russian onslaught i put in the end. I need to make it even harder. :D

Congrats to all of you who made it to the base. It surely isn't the easiest battle to win. Even i haven't got to the base ever. One time i was close, but the infantry killed me after i had taken out the tanks.

Edited by Potatomasher

You can make it more challenging and surprising with good and bad mission twists. ;)

Another end for "Fade to black" or any other mission could be that you let the player team retreat on their own to a specific point/zone for an safe EXFIL.

"Village Sweep" is too easy now - like its made for BF/CoD players. :p

"Village Sweep" is too easy now - like its made for BF/CoD players. :p

Yeah i was afraid of this when i changed the mission that it may feel too easy for others. :rolleyes:

If you don't like happy ends, You could make special "reward" outro on succesfull extraction. Like: Bird gets shot down, and you see Russian troops walking around crashsite, finishing off wounded marines, one by one. Or allow player to surrender (and be executed anyway)

[edit]

Now, that's weird. Mission finished by itself during firefight in extraction point, even though my team had no casualties, and more than half of enemy was still alive. Oh well, at least I've finished it.

Also I found ArmA 2 AI very annoying at not giving a damn about keeping formation in combat situation, so running away from firefight is simply impossible.

Edited by boota

Hehe make a choice for the old OFP vets and one for the bloody newbies ;)

Anyway, I hope you get some new ideas and time to make other missions or another campaign. :)

If you don't like happy ends, You could make special "reward" outro for succesfull extraction. Like: Bird gets shot down, and you see Russian troops walking around crashsite, finishing off wounded marines, one by one. Or allow player to surrender (and be executed anyway)

There is two "reward" endings. It's just that the ending trigger is broken in one of them where you ended up.

Hehe make a choice for the old OFP vets and one for the bloody newbies ;)

Anyway, I hope you get some new ideas and time to make other missions or another campaign. :)

That will remain to be seen. Maybe someday i will continue to do something when i get my interest back. We'll see. ;)

Hey Potatomasher.

I wanted to thank you for making this great campaign!

I just finished it. The last mission was a bit overwhelming ;)

I really enjoyed your campaign.

The variety of missions keeps the player from getting bored. Each mission offers something different. I especially liked the flying missions and the black woods mission where had to hunt those AA down.

The sniper mission had way too many enemy insurgents in the forest where you had to take the shot. You could try reducing them, and place them somewhere else. For example on the road north or east of the objective. Then after the player has taken the shot, you can order them (the enemy insurgents) to start searching for the player on the spot where he took the shot. But now that ring of like 100 soldiers around the objective is a bit crazy. I was able to only take out the officer and sneak my was past the enemy soldiers, but that was more luck.