Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

CAMP - Dogs Of War

Campaign updated to V. 1.6

Changelog V. 1.6

- Added radio chat at the end of the missions.

- Added some objects,weapon/ammo boxes and markers to couple of missions.

- Briefing tweaks.

- some minor tweaks here & there.

This is most likely the final release. No errors/bugs founded anymore when i played through the campaign.

Very good campaign!

How to complete "fade to black"?! At the end of the mission there are 3-4 tanks! 20 ennemis!??? It's impossible?!?

Very good campaign!

How to complete "fade to black"?! At the end of the mission there are 3-4 tanks! 20 ennemis!??? It's impossible?!?

More than 20 enemies. :D

Yeah, that's the point of the mission. You should die in there. The campaign continues still. :D

I did make an alternative ending to it though if you manage to kill all enemies or extract with chopper. But it's nearly impossible like you said.

To be honest i almost got through it once. I managed to destroy 3 tanks, but infantry shoot me dead.

There's ammo boxes near that warehouse where the tunguska is. If it helps in anyway.

Also before you start the mission just load javelins and SMAWs to every member of your team. That way you should get rid of the tanks usually.

Edited by Potatomasher

Thanks for the feedback to all of you.

If you want task hints show up on middle of screen after completing tasks please redownload V. 1.6 again. Links updated.

I accidentally uploaded older cmp file.

Hi!

i'm stuck at the mission fade to black. i just can't destroy the tunguska. i've tried 2 bombs, handgrenades, grenadeslauncher and nothing happens?:(

The other missions were great so far! :yay:

Hi!

i'm stuck at the mission fade to black. i just can't destroy the tunguska. i've tried 2 bombs, handgrenades, grenadeslauncher and nothing happens?:(

The other missions were great so far! :yay:

You must have placed the satchels a little too far... Handgrenades and M203 grenades are good for unarmored targets not armored like tunguska.

Well. There's ammo boxes just outside in the left side of that warehouse where tunguska is.

Also before you start the mission just load javelins and SMAWs to every member of your team. That way you should get rid of the tanks usually.

Edited by Potatomasher

Campaign updated to V. 1.7

So i coulnd't keep my hands of from the editor. :)

Changelog V. 1.7

- Added quotes to loading screens.

- Village sweep mission improved. Longer mission with support during battle and enemy reinforcements.

- Removed ambient civilian vehicles from Nightside Eclipse and more ammo added in loadout.

- Grim Reaper mission improved. Punishment for trigger happy people...

- Waypoint behauviour changes to enemy units & extraction chopper.

Hey, thanks for the frequent updates!

Iv'e played this campaign couple times already, and i like it alot!

Are you making any more missions?

It would be great if you could do more missions like the chopper mission and missions with lots of units, like the last mission in the campaign, and village sweep ! :yay:

Hey, thanks for the frequent updates!

Iv'e played this campaign couple times already, and i like it alot!

Are you making any more missions?

It would be great if you could do more missions like the chopper mission and missions with lots of units, like the last mission in the campaign, and village sweep ! :yay:

Thanks for the kind words. I must have done something right if you have played the campaign 2 times through. ;)

Missions with lot's of units is something i try to avoid because my rig is old and it doesn't run very well if many units. My mission Wrath of God is in it's limits. But more chopper missions coming. ;)

Right now i don't have anything WIP. Last couple of weeks DOW cmp has kept me occupied.

I'm waiting Raunhofers Thirks island to be finished. I propably do campaign for that island next if the island is big enough for 10 skirmishes or more. :)

You must have placed the satchels a little too far... Handgrenades and M203 grenades are good for unarmored targets not armored like tunguska.

Well. There's ammo boxes just outside in the left side of that warehouse where tunguska is.

I detonated 10 satchels that were placed right along side of the Tunguska and it remained intact. At one point it seemed burning and smoking but was still functioning. It might be arma's fault but there must be some bug there. When I retried, one RPG 7 was enough hehe.

I detonated 10 satchels that were placed right along side of the Tunguska and it remained intact. At one point it seemed burning and smoking but was still functioning. It might be arma's fault but there must be some bug there. When I retried, one RPG 7 was enough hehe.

Thanks for report. Now you're second to report that. Guess there is something wrong. Have to look that out when i have time.

When i tested the mission i usually just fired with SMAW through the open doors. That blow the shit out of it everytime. :)

Maybe he uses ACE2, the Tanks don´t explode that easily anymore

Maybe he uses ACE2, the Tanks don´t explode that easily anymore

I do use ACE2. However, I don't think a Tunguska should sustain 10 satchels unless ACE2 or ArmA2 are bugged. It's not even a tank, it should be very lightly armored and 10 satchels should penetrate also a T-90 armor.

Does satchels have any penetration ability??? The new ACE2 armor is based on penetration and only explodes if the fuel or ammo is penetrated on a certain %. Otherwise, its just generic damage that maybe kills crew or disables the tank but not explode.

I tested without ACE2 and needed 2 satchels to blow it up. One to the left side and other to the right. Detonated both at the same time and KA-BOOM.

So it is ACE2 feature like you guys said.

Maybe you should make it so that the Task is completed when the Crew is dead

Maybe you should make it so that the Task is completed when the Crew is dead

I'll try to remember change it before update.

After giving a second thought i don't think it's wise for the sake of realism. What would you achieve killing crew from tunguska when you can order other grunts next in the line to operate it ? ;)

And like i said there's russian weapons cache right next to warehouse so picking AT from there shouldn't be problem.

Right now i'm looking my older missions and fixing & improving them the best i can. Ghosts of Namalsk will be ready tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by Potatomasher

Campaign updated to version 1.8

Changelog V. 1.8

- Some changes to patrol mission.

- Extraction choppers helipad area changed so that crashes shouldn't happen. (Black forest & Nightside eclipse)

Someone had still problems with extraction on Black Forest mission so this update is because of that.

Great campaign! This has kept me out of MP for a few days ;)

Nice. I thought MP players don't even bother to play anything SP. :)

At Fade into Black, I actually managed to board the UH-1Y and fled from the Russians. But it only took me to an empty airport. How should I supposed to completed the mission? I read about two endings on this mission before.

At Fade into Black, I actually managed to board the UH-1Y and fled from the Russians. But it only took me to an empty airport. How should I supposed to completed the mission? I read about two endings on this mission before.

There is trigger in the airport that should activate second ending.

Though i didn't make alternative mission for this so the next mission is same as you would have died.

Yes i didn't bothered to put life in the airport because i thought no one will ever get there.

You are pretty tough guy i have to say that. How you did it if i may ask ? :)