Sign in to follow this  
HateDread

Few Q's - Gear to Trunk, Deleting, and Waypoints

Hey guys,

- First off, how do I add gear to the trunk of say, a HMMWV? Like, adding extra ammo, guns, etc.

- What command do I use to delete something? Like, say in a trigger activated by a unit's presence? I'd like that unit to be deleted.

- Also, when a waypoint has been 'fused' to say, a helicopter, when waypoint is a 'get in', how do I select the heli again? It seems I need to delete the waypoint to do it, which undo's some of my other work.

Cheers guys,

- HateDread.

Well, I've got no idea about loading gear into a vehicle through the editor, although I know it can be done with choppers somehow.

To delete something, hold your mouse over the entity in the editor and press 'Delete' once. This goes for everything.

Not sure what you mean by "fused", but you may have placed the waypoint directly on top of the chopper's "selection box" (that's what I call it), effectively hiding the chopper to your cursor. I would suggest not placing the waypoints directly on top of units, it can lead to trouble. There appears to be no way to select the chopper if there's a waypoint exactly on the selection node. You'll need to delete the waypoint. If the waypoint isn't on the chopper, simpley go to the Units tab (f1), and click on the chopper. You can also double-click on it to edit it, hold down Shift+Click to rotate it, and click and drag to move it. Good luck!

Thanks,

1. Jury's still out.

2. I meant during a mission - have the unit deleted during play, through a command, activated by a trigger.

3. How else does the 'Get in' waypoint work? You have to 'fuse' it with the vehicle to get the squad who you are giving waypoints for to get in, right? It worked for me.

Cheers.

You're prolly thinking of Synchronizing it. You have to sync the Get In waypoint to a vehicles Load waypoint.

Anyhow, glad to hear you got some of it working. I have no idea how to delete a unit during a mission, but you could always spawn a bomb a few feet above it's head.

Ahh, I'll try that.

Nah, the bomb method isn't efficient enough. I need the unit completely removed instantly, like "Pop, gone".

By fused I assume you've clicked the waypoint ON the helo instead of very near it? in that case to select it hold your mouse over the waypoint, hold shift and click.

Thanks guys - I was just writing a reply that linked to the Biki, and that command.

KJAM, yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'll give that a go.

Ok, so the first question is still out there - how do I add gear to a car's trunk? Like ammo to a HMMWV?

Cheers, guys.

Thank you.

Ok, so when I try to delete, say, a tank, called P1. "Deletevehicle P1" leaves the crew.

From the wiki;

{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew (thislist select 0); deletevehicle (thislist select 0);

A) How do I implement this code? I see nowhere to enter a vehicle name, etc.

B) Is this practical? Are there better ways of deleting a vehicle + crew?

Cheers.

Try replacing the _X with the vehicle name, not sure though, otherwise you'd probably have to put it in a script and have a trigger make the vehicle execute the script.

this addMagazineCargo [30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, 40];

This seems to return an error, where I apparently need to add a missing ']'.

And how does one write an array listing multiple weapons/ammo in one go?

Also, how can I run the deletevehicle command for any units within a trigger?

for the first, it's need to be something like this

this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 40]

See the quote marks?

as for the 2nd, you'd need to create a script like this

_unit = _this select 0

clearMagazineCargo _unit

_unit addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 40]

this addWeaponCargo ["M16", 40]

Exit

like that, of course choosing what magazines and weapons you want.

to use it, paste it in notepad, edit it however you like and then save it as weaponcargo.sqs into your mission folder(make sure when you save it the drop down for Save As Type says All Documents (Not Text Documents) and then in the mission editor paste/type this into your vehicles initialisation thing

[this] exec "weaponcargo.sqs"

Thanks, that works like a charm!

Now, on to that final question - deleting units.

Does anyone know any good ways?

{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew (p1); deletevehicle (p1)

this works for deleting vehicle and crew (p1 being the name of the vehicle) just put it in a trigger or in a script like this

{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew (_unit); deletevehicle (_unit)

exit

same as before and having the trigger say [p1] exec "Scriptname.sqs"

As for infantry, I can't say.

I tried this deletion script, and I do believe it works well. I'm going to try it for infantry soon - are they counted as 'vehicle's?

Cheers.